What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Looks like I'm in a spendy mood. Just ordered a Kifaru day pack and Alaska Guide Creations bino harness.

Kifaru-Door-Gunner-Pack-2018-photo-2.jpg

855666.jpg

Which sucks as I have a Weatherby with a Howa action and I'd say it's receiver is more bomb proof than the Remington, Savage, and Ruger.
There very popular down here and cheaper than all the firearms mentioned, you can purchase a Howa with a varmit barrel and boyds thumbhole stock for around $100 more than your standard Ruger American or Savage axis.

Most prodaly buy 1 for the Mrs 1st centrefire

Anyone here has experience with air guns?

Any comment on the Beeman p1?

What are you using it for.

I have experience with the Benjamin NP2, NP XL and Marauder.

Also with the Umerax Octane.

I like the Benjamin's more.

@Chesten_Hesten

Edit, didn't realise this was a pistol. No experience with quality air pistols.

Last edited:
What scope lens cleaning kits, pens or brushes do you guys use?

Right now I have a small S&B branded Lens Pen cleaning kit. I'm looking for a larger brush.

Schmidt-Bender-cleaning-kit-inside.jpg

What scope lens cleaning kits, pens or brushes do you guys use?

Right now I have a small S&B branded Lens Pen cleaning kit. I'm looking for a larger brush.

Schmidt-Bender-cleaning-kit-inside.jpg
Honestly, I just have a lens pen and those "Spuds" wipes from Cabela's. Pretty sure the overwhelming majority are made in the same factory, with different logos applied.

@Chesten_Hesten

Plinking, target shooting, open sights.

I have an old Benjamin air pump rifle, used for the same, fun to shoot.

Random fact, know any open sights that fits an old "Benjamin Franklin" 22 pellet air pump rifle?

@Chesten_Hesten

I had one of those once: A friend bought it then sold it to me for really cheap, this was back in the 90s. It was expensive for its day. It had more power than its competition, (whatever that was) You cranked it open inserted a pellet and it was good for one shot.

You might still find one here, maybe:
http://www.targettalk.org/

It reverberated a lot just like most break barrel guns. It was big and clunky for a pistol.

beeman-p1-pellet-pistol-20-caliber-single-stoke-pneumatic-15.gif

My greatest accomplishment with it was shooting a lizard off the back yard fence at 20 paces.

images

Unless you get it really cheap I wouldn't bother it wasn't all that cool.

2eKE3Ol.jpg

Base plates came in, more mags should show up tomorrow as well. I'll probably order a 4th base plate at another time.

Don't wanna create a thread for this, but maybe some people here could help me out

My 65 year old father is very interested in getting a handgun in light of all this ban talk (Minnesota just had a bill proposed that classified any gun with a changeable 10+ round magazine an assault weapon and would be illegal to buy, and it included pistols in that. So basically every non revolver handgun aside from maybe stripper guns like a M&P bodyguard 380). He's a moderate hunter, knows plenty how to shoot rifles, shotguns, bows, etc. but never a pistol unless he did some way back in his 4 years in the Navy to my knowledge

Looking to keep it under 400, he'd like to be able to conceal carry it after the MN class (he's a bigger guy, wouldn't have to be a sub compact just not a full service pistol) and I'm partial to 9mm for that sized handgun and easily steered him to look there for one. I have a Ruger SR9c I really like, but he didn't like the grip in his hand which is completely fine and personal preference and feel is highly important in my opinion for a handgun beyond just what reviews say.

Any 9mm ~3.3-4" barel length handguns for 400ish or under you'd recommend and could quote or message a reply? Plenty options for this exact thing come up via google, but I'd like to hear from a sherbro with experience with one. At a local gun shop, he said he liked the feel of a 9mm Tauros that was $300 some. Of course he doesn't remember which model it was...

Don't wanna create a thread for this, but maybe some people here could help me out

My 65 year old father is very interested in getting a handgun in light of all this ban talk (Minnesota just had a bill proposed that classified any gun with a changeable 10+ round magazine an assault weapon and would be illegal to buy, and it included pistols in that. So basically every non revolver handgun aside from maybe stripper guns like a M&P bodyguard 380). He's a moderate hunter, knows plenty how to shoot rifles, shotguns, bows, etc. but never a pistol unless he did some way back in his 4 years in the Navy to my knowledge

Looking to keep it under 400, he'd like to be able to conceal carry it after the MN class (he's a bigger guy, wouldn't have to be a sub compact just not a full service pistol) and I'm partial to 9mm for that sized handgun and easily steered him to look there for one. I have a Ruger SR9c I really like, but he didn't like the grip in his hand which is completely fine and personal preference and feel is highly important in my opinion for a handgun beyond just what reviews say.

Any 9mm ~3.3-4" barel length handguns for 400ish or under you'd recommend and could quote or message a reply? Plenty options for this exact thing come up via google, but I'd like to hear from a sherbro with experience with one. At a local gun shop, he said he liked the feel of a 9mm Tauros that was $300 some. Of course he doesn't remember which model it was...

I personally wouldn't recommend sacrificing budget on a carry/HD gun. Get something quality. If you may depend on something to save your life or anothers, you don't imo want to think, oh I can save $50-100 on this.

Anyway, first one meets the parameters and the last 2 are a bit over $400. Side note, don't get an XD, a lot of reviewers and instructors frequently run into issues with them.

So I guess go to a store and have him handle these. Look for a gen 4 glock to hold as you probably won't find a 3 to hold(unless it's used).

https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m2-0-cmpct-9mm-15-1-4-fs.html

https://www.iammo.com/cz-p10-9mm-15-rnd-4-black.html

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock-unissued-p-44672.html

Looks like I'm in a spendy mood. Just ordered a Kifaru day pack and Alaska Guide Creations bino harness.

855666.jpg
I have that exact same bino harness. I really like it. It's holds my 10x50 Vortex binoculars perfectly. I use the front pocket for my range finder, one side pocket for a wind checker, and the other has some lens wipes, a battery or two for my range finder, and the lens caps. I wear mine even when sitting in a tree stand. No more dropping my binos, and having them make my neck ache.

I think a Taurus Millenium GT2 would fit the bill well. I have shot one a lot and have never had an issue related to the gun itself. I've seen plenty of Canik's for that price, but I think they may have a longer barrel than you want. You may be able to find a used Glock 43 for that price. I heard good things about the Ruger LC9. The smith and wesson shield is a good gun to that I've seen in the $400 range. I would take him to the store and have him hold and preferably fire those guns and see which one he likes best.

Plinking, target shooting, open sights.

I have an old Benjamin air pump rifle, used for the same, fun to shoot.

Random fact, know any open sights that fits an old "Benjamin Franklin" 22 pellet air pump rifle?

Benjamin Sheridan, probably

just trying to help

I have that exact same bino harness. I really like it. It's holds my 10x50 Vortex binoculars perfectly. I use the front pocket for my range finder, one side pocket for a wind checker, and the other has some lens wipes, a battery or two for my range finder, and the lens caps. I wear mine even when sitting in a tree stand. No more dropping my binos, and having them make my neck ache.
Yeah, I ran the elastic "bra" for a few seasons, which I didn't actually mind much, but to be honest, I'm a bit of a pack rat. I've never went out without either my rangefinder or binoculars, but I do like the idea of a bino harness that lets me carry a bunch of shit together.

For this upcoming season, I want to have more dedicated hunting gear that's just grab-and-go, hence the bino harness and day pack.

@Gregolian

Not gonna lie, one of the reasons why I want to take hunting more seriously this year is because of Far Cry 5.

I personally wouldn't recommend sacrificing budget on a carry/HD gun. Get something quality. If you may depend on something to save your life or anothers, you don't imo want to think, oh I can save $50-100 on this.

Anyway, first one meets the parameters and the last 2 are a bit over $400. Side note, don't get an XD, a lot of reviewers and instructors frequently run into issues with them.

So I guess go to a store and have him handle these. Look for a gen 4 glock to hold as you probably won't find a 3 to hold(unless it's used).

https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m2-0-cmpct-9mm-15-1-4-fs.html

https://www.iammo.com/cz-p10-9mm-15-rnd-4-black.html

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock-unissued-p-44672.html

As a fellow big guy, I had to ditch the Glock 43, and I don’t really enjoy the wife’s Glock 42 all that much either. I bumped up to the Glock 26 and have found my sweet spot for conceal ability and grip size. Not wanting a big Kydex Holster. I opted for a minimal Kydex trigger sheath and lanyard. I’m gonna bolster it with a clip draw attachment. Even without the clip, the gun is very snug on the hip as the lanyard prevents it from slipping down past the waistline.

Back