What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I got a vortex razor LR LH 3-15, should be a cool scope, I’ve been on an optics kick over the past year or so after hunting my whole life with scopes in the 2-500 dollar range I decided it was time to step up a little bit, not into the serious $$$ because I’m just a hunter but right now I have 2 swarovskis, a z3 and a z5, a nightforce SHV and this new vortex.

I spent the winter just messing around with different rifle/scope combos since I was on crutches and couldn’t do much else. I’m testing out a theory, see in the past I was all about the lightest rifle/scope combo I could come up with for sheep and goat hunting but I’m wondering if the real benefit to ultra light rifles is that you can put much more scope on it and still have a light set up.

A Kimber Montana 308 with a custom titanium bolt handle that I have weighs 6lb 6oz with a nightforce SHV 3-10x44. It’s an incredibly cool set up with the MOAR reticle and even though I pick up 1/2lb from my leupold vx3i, it really extends my range by a good bit.

Just something for me to mess around with this season.

Sig Sauer Kilo 2200MR

sig-sauer-kilo-2200-mr-rangefinder-f.jpg

LGS has Sig p226 in .40 for $299 and has a LOT of them.

A new 9mm barrel is like $150?

How can I not? Well....I already have two.

Impulse bought one of these this weekend. Will make a damned fine platform for a fullsized comp gun.

https://grabagun.com/springfield-armory-pi9128l-1911.html

PI9129LP_1200x782.png

When I'm done it'll be like the classic Wilson comp guns of the 80s and early 90s. Getting difficult to even find good pictures of those but something like this, with 3 ports on the comp, and the front sight all the way out to the end. Will have it Hard Chromed too. It'll be a Bad Muthfucka when I'm done.

3641482_01_wilson_combat_master_grade_130_640.jpg

The 2200 MR is pretty awesome. Tested it morning afternoon and night. Ranges same distance at each time of day. I was expecting performance to possibly take a hit when going into near direct sunlight during sunrise.

Furthest place I can see from my yard is out to is a tree at 1044 yards. Beam divergence seems good, I have to split some roof tops to get that tree at 1044. The hyperscan mode (4 readouts a second) is amazing. Really helps with tight/small targets at distance, just makes everything easier in general. Don't have to worry about being overly still for that 1 perfect scan.

LGS has Sig p226 in .40 for $299 and has a LOT of them.

A new 9mm barrel is like $150?

How can I not? Well....I already have two.

I bought one.

The night sights are still bright.

$299 for a p226!!! There are 5 more of them on the shelf.

I'm having the slightest sense of buyer's remorse over my Kifaru Door Gunner day pack, not that I think it's a bad pack, but I kinda wish I had sized up to the 14'r. I'm typically on my way home after last light, as in the past, I have hunted within an hour or two of where I actually live, but a bit of overnight capability would be nice. I'm also a pack rat, so the 1000 ci of storage that I have now makes it strictly a day pack.

Hi Sherdogers I just bought a Ruger American 22 wmr and Im looking to purchase a Boyds stock for it, only problem is they dont post to Australia with purchases over $100 so I was wondering if I can sling someone whos trust worthy some cash and have it sent over. PM if you can help

Cheers GD

I'm having the slightest sense of buyer's remorse over my Kifaru Door Gunner day pack, not that I think it's a bad pack, but I kinda wish I had sized up to the 14'r. I'm typically on my way home after last light, as in the past, I have hunted within an hour or two of where I actually live, but a bit of overnight capability would be nice. I'm also a pack rat, so the 1000 ci of storage that I have now makes it strictly a day pack.

The door gunner dosent interest me, I have a fulcrum on a tactical frame but I’m thinking of getting that new ultralight frame.

You aren’t going to be hauling much in a 14er, if you want a day pack that can haul out a mule deer you’re going to want a real frame, check out the kifaru woodsman on one of their hunting or tactical frames and also check out the day packs that from stone glacier that fit on their x curve frame. You might also really like the stone glacier solo, 3300cu with a meat shelf.

The door gunner dosent interest me, I have a fulcrum on a tactical frame but I’m thinking of getting that new ultralight frame.

You aren’t going to be hauling much in a 14er, if you want a day pack that can haul out a mule deer you’re going to want a real frame, check out the kifaru woodsman on one of their hunting or tactical frames and also check out the day packs that from stone glacier that fit on their x curve frame. You might also really like the stone glacier solo, 3300cu with a meat shelf.
I'd like to have a back country experience some day; to haul out quarters over miles of rough terrain. But right now, if I shoot a deer, I can just field dress it and throw it in the back of my truck, hence the internal frame day packs. I just need something to haul my stuff, which is mostly water, first aid, some clothes for layering and knives.

Not gonna lie, I've also wanted to use a gun bearer for a while now and so far, in my brief hikes after work, I enjoy it.

I'd like to have a back country experience some day; to haul out quarters over miles of rough terrain. But right now, if I shoot a deer, I can just field dress it and throw it in the back of my truck, hence the internal frame day packs. I just need something to haul my stuff, which is mostly water, first aid, some clothes for layering and knives.

Not gonna lie, I've also wanted to use a gun bearer for a while now and so far, in my brief hikes after work, I enjoy it.

The gun bearers are cool, I have one but havnt used it all that much yet. I also like stone glaciers gun carrier.

The gun bearers are cool, I have one but havnt used it all that much yet. I also like stone glaciers gun carrier.
Not to be a "Safety Sally", but I just checked out the Stone Glacier one, it's a tad too "sweepy" for my tastes.

<6>

Not to be a "Safety Sally", but I just checked out the Stone Glacier one, it's a tad too "sweepy" for my tastes.

<6>

I don’t know, it’s carried upright and if I’m out hunting I’m either alone or with one person so it’s easy enough to not point it at people. The kifaru one is sort of hard for me to get used to.

I don’t know, it’s carried upright and if I’m out hunting I’m either alone or with one person so it’s easy enough to not point it at people. The kifaru one is sort of hard for me to get used to.
I understand that bit too, took me a little while to get used to having the gun under my arm, but I do like how seemingly quick it is. I may even take my sling off; with the pack straps and bino harness, there's a potential for some tangling, but it hasn't happened yet.

Back