What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I really wish I liked archery. I'd be learning a ton here. :oops:
I'm "YouTube trained", lol.

I guess in my case, it's because I never could have imagined that I'd be shooting (guns) less often after moving to Saskatchewan, than I did gun-hating Toronto, but that is the case. The pistol range I belong to is only open one day a week in the fall and winter, while the outdoor range is a bit out of my way and a pain-in-the-ass to get to when it rains. I'm surrounded by farmland everywhere and while I have permission to shoot from some of the owners, there's still the matter of their cows, equipment and employers potentially being out in the field, nevermind that it's pretty flat and there aren't many good backstops.

A few summers ago, a guy that I occasionally work with, brought his compound bow to work, I became intrigued and bought my own a few weeks later. I played around with a recurve a few times, but I think I'll stick to a compound. I shoot more arrows now than I do bullets.

I ended up really enjoying it because it I don't have to deal with all of the bullshit that comes with legally discharging a firearm in Canada. Perhaps that will change if I move back to a city in the future and I trade wide open spaces for concrete and people.

Just ordered a couple Spike's lowers. The No Logo II and this one. Seems to fit with living in Hawaii. :D

Pineapple_granade_lower-1_2048x2048.jpg

Pineapple_granade_lower-2_2048x2048.jpg

What made you want this one, (over anything else)?

Certain features, Rep, or ?

Thanks

It has a dovetailed front sight and decock only “G” safety configuration. Easily making it better than most beretta 92 variants out there right now IMO.

I really enjoy the option of changing out the front sight, and I hate the stupid safety on the 92’s, which is opposite of other pistols (up is off, and down is on) + the safety can be prone to accidental activation if snagged on something.

Having it as decock only completely prevents this.

With langdon’s trigger job, this is still cheaper than Wilson’s beretta 92 (which doesnt come with a trigger job).

The vertec slide is lighter than the wilson’s brigadier slide, which many comp shooters prefer due to faster cycling/sight tracking.

And it doesnt have this cheesy ass logo on it:

Wilson-Combat.jpg

:p

Plus a bunch of other features spec-ed out by Langdon, one of the OG’s of the DA/SA shooters. I remember him dominating the comp scene years ago with berettas, and this to him is the ultimate beretta.

I’m also lusting after an elite II in 9mm but they are discontinued and kinda rare...

elite-II.jpg

Because it’s also decock only, dovetailed front sight, and probably the sexiest looking beretta/pistol ever IMO.

It has a dovetailed front sight and decock only “G” safety configuration. Easily making it better than most beretta 92 variants out there right now IMO.

I really enjoy the option of changing out the front sight, and I hate the stupid safety on the 92’s, which is opposite of other pistols (up is off, and down is on) + the safety can be prone to accidental activation if snagged on something.

Having it as decock only completely prevents this.

With langdon’s trigger job, this is still cheaper than Wilson’s beretta 92 (which doesnt come with a trigger job).

The vertec slide is lighter than the wilson’s brigadier slide, which many comp shooters prefer due to faster cycling/sight tracking.

And it doesnt have this cheesy ass logo on it:

Wilson-Combat.jpg

:p

Plus a bunch of other features spec-ed out by Langdon, one of the OG’s of the DA/SA shooters. I remember him dominating the comp scene years ago with berettas, and this to him is the ultimate beretta.

I’m also lusting after an elite II in 9mm but they are discontinued and kinda rare...

elite-II.jpg

Because it’s also decock only, dovetailed front sight, and probably the sexiest looking beretta/pistol ever IMO.

People talk shit on the Beretta but I've always liked mine. Other than the times it bit my hand (operator error) and it not being a CZ 75/85 (or 1911), it's a nice piece.

People talk shit on the Beretta but I've always liked mine. Other than the times it bit my hand (operator error) and it not being a CZ 75/85 (or 1911), it's a nice piece.

They are a reliable and durable design in 9mm (unless neglected by mil/LEO end users lol), definitely a classic.

And if you should ever tire of the safety, you can always get:

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

Took me about 20-30 mins to install mine.

I'm surrounded by farmland everywhere and while I have permission to shoot from some of the owners, there's still the matter of their cows, equipment and employers potentially being out in the field, nevermind that it's pretty flat and there aren't many good backstops.

Doesn’t take much to build a decent back stop. And it doesn’t have to be super huge. I got a buddy that we are in talks about shooting on his property. So we are gonna try and build this if he gives the go ahead.
E5D844C4-B1D4-4CB5-9BA6-4DAF1E2B8F48.jpeg

Still can’t believe the Govt. went with the shitty P320 over this beauty. It addressed every issue they were having with the current M9. This thing is a work of art.
upload_2018-8-3_9-2-5.jpeg

I'm "YouTube trained", lol.

I guess in my case, it's because I never could have imagined that I'd be shooting (guns) less often after moving to Saskatchewan, than I did gun-hating Toronto, but that is the case. The pistol range I belong to is only open one day a week in the fall and winter, while the outdoor range is a bit out of my way and a pain-in-the-ass to get to when it rains. I'm surrounded by farmland everywhere and while I have permission to shoot from some of the owners, there's still the matter of their cows, equipment and employers potentially being out in the field, nevermind that it's pretty flat and there aren't many good backstops.

A few summers ago, a guy that I occasionally work with, brought his compound bow to work, I became intrigued and bought my own a few weeks later. I played around with a recurve a few times, but I think I'll stick to a compound. I shoot more arrows now than I do bullets.

I ended up really enjoying it because it I don't have to deal with all of the bullshit that comes with legally discharging a firearm in Canada. Perhaps that will change if I move back to a city in the future and I trade wide open spaces for concrete and people.

I’ve beem threatening for a few years now to go full bow hunting like I used too but I’m never do. I used to hunt full seasons with only my bow, leave all the guns away, I even did entire seasons of bow hunting with a grad bow. I’ve never done it in AK though, maybe next year. Moose, caribou, sheep, goat, blacktails.....maaaaaaybe elk with a bow.

My one reservation with it is like you, immpretty far from a bow shop so if I bend a cam or some shitmmid season there isn’t a shop to get a new one. Now that I typed that out, it seems like a dumb excise because I could just buy extra parts for whatever bow I was using and keep them on hand, or just use a rifle if I have major issues with the bow.

I got a Sitka fanatic hoody and 100 rounds (5 boxes) of hornady precision hunter for my 6.5creedmoor.

I’ve beem threatening for a few years now to go full bow hunting like I used too but I’m never do. I used to hunt full seasons with only my bow, leave all the guns away, I even did entire seasons of bow hunting with a grad bow. I’ve never done it in AK though, maybe next year. Moose, caribou, sheep, goat, blacktails.....maaaaaaybe elk with a bow.

My one reservation with it is like you, immpretty far from a bow shop so if I bend a cam or some shitmmid season there isn’t a shop to get a new one. Now that I typed that out, it seems like a dumb excise because I could just buy extra parts for whatever bow I was using and keep them on hand, or just use a rifle if I have major issues with the bow.
One of the reasons why I've jumped on the APA bandwagon, aside from supporting a local business, is how user serviceable they are, in the field. I worry less about it failing me in the middle of a hunt, some guys even carry a spare set of strings and cables and swap them in the field if shit goes down. I can't imagine owning a bow that isn't anymore, to me, that's like buying a gun that you can't field strip. Especially helpful since I'm at least 2 hours from a bow shop; gotta wipe my own ass.

That said, I want to reserve stepping on the string and chocking the cams for emergency, in field situations; hence the $1k of tools I just ordered but hopefully won't need before opening day.

Just bought some ammo for a hunting trip planned for the 18th of this month
200 rnds of 223 hornady 55gr vmax
200 rnds of 308 Aussie outback 165gr sierra Sbt gameking
2 bricks of hornady 30gr vmax in 22wmr
1 brick of cci a22 wmr gamepoint
1 brick of cci max mag 40gr hollow points
2 bricks of winchester 42gr subs
2 bricks of elley 38gr subs.

Ive been buying alot of bulk 22lr ammunition, most probaly around 10 000 rounds of various brands, mainly for target shooting and plinking

Also looking into buying a Remington 7600 in 308 win, will most probaly have to put it off untill the start of the new year so the powers that be dont get upset with me and knock back my application

Last edited:
Just bought some ammo for a hunting trip planned for the 18th of this month
200 rnds of 223 hornady 55gr vmax
200 rnds of 308 Aussie outback 165gr sierra Sbt gameking
2 bricks of hornady 30gr vmax in 22wmr
1 brick of cci a22 wmr gamepoint
1 brick of cci max mag 40gr hollow points
2 bricks of winchester 42gr subs
2 bricks of elley 38gr subs.

Ive been buying alot of bulk 22lr ammunition, most probaly around 10 000 rounds of various brands, mainly for target shooting and plinking

Also looking into buying a Remington 7600 in 308 win, will most probaly have to put it off untill the start of the new year so the powers that be dont get upset with me and knock back my application

That’s a lot of ammo...da fuq sort of hunting trip you going on bro?!?!?!

It's here:

MQ6ZTc0.jpg

oNZuRmj.jpg

xb3LNCe.jpg

This house's old reloading bench is now my archery bench.

Back