What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Can't argue with that.

They are supposed to be great suppressed, main reason I am getting a 9mm sub gun.

Tim from MAC loves them as well. Has quite a few videos of his suppressed if you wanted to see it in action with some more technical break down and some accessory options.

They are supposed to be great suppressed, main reason I am getting a 9mm sub gun.

Tim from MAC loves them as well. Has quite a few videos of his suppressed if you wanted to see it in action with some more technical break down and some accessory options.

Suppressors are a tease for me. :mad:

Suppressors are a tease for me. :mad:

Maybe @alanb can change that, have there been challenges on nfa item bans in states that ban them? Seems like bullshit you can't get nfa items there. Even more so because of the paperwork, background check, fingerprints, photo id, tax, etc.

Maybe @alanb can change that, have there been challenges on nfa item bans in states that ban them? Seems like bullshit you can't get nfa items there. Even more so because of the paperwork, background check, fingerprints, photo id, tax, etc.

I've made it clear to him I'm available if he wants to give it a go. He didn't sound like he wanted to fuck with it.

I've made it clear to him I'm available if he wants to give it a go. He didn't sound like he wanted to fuck with it.

Maybe you could ask the NRA for help...

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

tenor.gif

Sorry, I'll see myself out.

i'll be attending the Earthship Academy in Nov. I think it's $2500...

I might regret this, with just 20 days left before opening day, but I just ordered a new bow sight, it's the Black Gold Ascent Verdict Assault:
Ascent-Verdict-Assault_Black-Gold_Clipped_web.jpg

Except I ordered a 3 pin.

The things that have really bugged me about the sight I bought in the spring are the mostly plastic and flexible parts and the lack of micro adjustments. I recently had to resight in my bow after some string maintenance and it's a pain-in-the-ass when all it consists of is coarse gang adjustments with no tick marks. I also like the idea of a multi pin slider and while I don't shoot the tightest groups at long range, I've used all my pins this summer and I want the ability to practice even further shots in the future.

I think when this arrives, I'll put my old IQ sight on my Bowtech.

I might regret this, with just 20 days left before opening day, but I just ordered a new bow sight, it's the Black Gold Ascent Verdict Assault:
Ascent-Verdict-Assault_Black-Gold_Clipped_web.jpg

Except I ordered a 3 pin.

The things that have really bugged me about the sight I bought in the spring are the mostly plastic and flexible parts and the lack of micro adjustments. I recently had to resight in my bow after some string maintenance and it's a pain-in-the-ass when all it consists of is coarse gang adjustments with no tick marks. I also like the idea of a multi pin slider and while I don't shoot the tightest groups at long range, I've used all my pins this summer and I want the ability to practice even further shots in the future.

I think when this arrives, I'll put my old IQ sight on my Bowtech.

How far would you say you fee co forts le shooting at a mule deer? I used to have a buddy who would go at 80 but I always preferred to keep it under 50 if possible.

How far would you say you fee co forts le shooting at a mule deer? I used to have a buddy who would go at 80 but I always preferred to keep it under 50 if possible.
Yeah, I'd prefer to keep it inside 50 yards. I can group decently past that, but that's pretty static shooting. Depending on how far the drive is, I may do some 3D after the season.

As long as my string holds up, this should be the last, pre-season purchase:

fK0jzhX.jpg

YqHQXaD.jpg

EZxN9ov.jpg

Fortunately, with only two weeks before opening day, it's not as much of a pain-in-the-ass to sight in as I expected. I'm already shooting it out to 60 yards.

As long as my string holds up, this should be the last, pre-season purchase:

fK0jzhX.jpg

YqHQXaD.jpg

EZxN9ov.jpg

Fortunately, with only two weeks before opening day, it's not as much of a pain-in-the-ass to sight in as I expected. I'm already shooting it out to 60 yards.

Not sure if you have mentioned it previously but what broadheads do you plan on using?

Not sure if you have mentioned it previously but what broadheads do you plan on using?
I have Grim Reaper Pro Series, 100 grain, 1 3/8th", three-blade for mechanical and Wac 'Em, 100 grain, three-blade for fixed blade.

I have Grim Reaper Pro Series, 100 grain, 1 3/8th", three-blade for mechanical and Wac 'Em, 100 grain, three-blade for fixed blade.

I saw a picture of a reaper broadhead a while ago and thought it looked badass, decided to research further. I came across a thread on grim reaper broadheads performance and damn... nasty wound entries, tracks and exits.

As someone not really familiar with bow hunting I was surprised to see how brutal some where, especially some of the exits. Some looked like they got hit with a damn Halberd.

I saw a picture of a reaper broadhead a while ago and thought it looked badass, decided to research further. I came across a thread on grim reaper broadheads performance and damn... nasty wound entries, tracks and exits.

As someone not really familiar with bow hunting I was surprised to see how brutal some where, especially some of the exits. Some looked like they got hit with a damn Halberd.
I haven't shot anything with a pulse yet, but both my fixed and mechanical broadheads for this year have flown great with minimal tuning, which right now, is probably one of the most important things to me.

I drank the Ashby Kool-aid a few years ago, when I started and tried a two-blade, single bevel broadhead but those proved to be a major pain-in-the-ass to tune on my bow. I still drink the higher FOC (front heavy) Kool-aid but I have gravitated towards three-blade broadheads, which seem to synergize better with three-fletch vanes, in my experience.

@RerouteToRemain, I just realized, in that top picture, you can kinda make out the broadheads in my case.

Last edited:

I hit an elk in the antler once with a grim reaper, damn near took it off it’s feat and sounded like somebody fired a 9mm when it hit. Elk didn’t know what happened, luckily I was able to shoot again and sea the deal lol.

I haven't shot anything with a pulse yet, but both my fixed and mechanical broadheads for this year have flown great with minimal tuning, which right now, is probably one of the most important things to me.

I drank the Ashby Kool-aid a few years ago, when I started and tried a two-blade, single bevel broadhead but those proved to be a major pain-in-the-ass to tune on my bow. I still drink the higher FOC (front heavy) Kool-aid but I have gravitated towards three-blade broadheads, which seem to synergize better with three-fletch vanes, in my experience.

@RerouteToRemain, I just realized, in that top picture, you can kinda make out the broadheads in my case.

So how are you feeling? Ready to hunt? Confident in your abilities? I remember my first bow kill, it was one of the more intense hunting experiences I’ve had. I’m thinking of getting a Hoyt redworx all tricked out and using it next season for everything, Dall Sheep, moose, caribou kicking everything off with an Audad hunt in West Texas.

Picked up one of those holsters from Alaska guide creations, sort of a simple holster but with several ways to attach it to packs, belts etc. fits my Glock 20 perfectly. My wife was bitching about bears while we were out picking berries and complaining I wasn’t carrying my gun so I got this tho g because it’s easy to use regardless of what I’m wearing or carrying. Now that I live in an actual town, I can’t really just walk around with a chest holster on like it’s no big deal, this holster was only 45 bucks and is easy to throw on my pack belt or pants belt.

Also, looking st a 12” Lowe skiff with a 10hp engine, looms like its 4200 bucks at the local hardware store, again, wife is complaining that it doesn’t have an enclosed cabin, I’m trying to get her to understand that that gorgeous 22’ Lund in front of the hardware store is close to 30k....she can’t seem to get past the idea of not being in an enclosed cabin....fml...wtf. A small skiff would be fucking sick, I could get it out on snake lake and lake aleknagik and tow it with my Tacoma no problem....

So how are you feeling? Ready to hunt? Confident in your abilities? I remember my first bow kill, it was one of the more intense hunting experiences I’ve had. I’m thinking of getting a Hoyt redworx all tricked out and using it next season for everything, Dall Sheep, moose, caribou kicking everything off with an Audad hunt in West Texas.
It's a mixed bag, I'm glad this new sight hasn't turned into the clusterfuck that I originally imagined and I got a great tip from my Supt. whose property I will be hunting in the next little bit. But I'm also not great at spotting and stalking, I've creeped up to deer and gotten within bow range, outside of season, just to see how close I could get. But when the season starts, it's a different story. As much shit as I talk about the mule deer in this area being retarded, I have underestimated them in the past and ate figurative crow afterward.

One of those new Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP scopes with MRAD adjustments and MRAD reticle.

Back