What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I know I can be wishy-washy, but oddly enough, my recent pistol qualifier made me want to try dabbling in long range precision rifle again. As weird as it sounds, I felt that in hindsight, compound archery out to 60 and 70 yards made our 25 metre pistol stage feel so close. I'm now convinced, more than ever, that shooting longer ranges helps many aspects of marksmanship.

So I've been mulling over a budget rig, likely 6.5 Creedmoor in either a Savage or Ruger American offerings and throwing a Vortex Viper or something like that, with a 50 mm objective on it.

There’s a 6.5 creedmoor group on Facebook that I joined, lots of those guys seem to be enjoying those Ruger American predator rifles. I wouldn’t mind having a savage lightweight hunter either. In fact, I was thinking of getting a savageblightweight hunter in pretty much any caliber I could find a deal on and using it as sort of a “beater” “truck gun” sort of thing.

Colt Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander 9mm.

COO4842WC.jpg

Probably going to swap out my fixed blade broadheads next year. I lost some replaceable blades when the broadhead rattled loose in the quiver and they just fell out while I was carrying them. Good thing I wasn't too far from the truck before I noticed.

Man, spot and stalk bowhunting is hard.

I want a rugged ridge bipod. I had a spartan precision javelin bipod, while it was super light, I just didn’t like how wobbly it was, I just couldn’t live with it. The rugged ridge looks like a nice option for this new precision hunting rig im using.

I went and put 40 rounds through the rifle after work in my mountain area I’m using as a shooting range, first round hits out at 600yds, I’d like to stretch that out even more, I’m wondering if ditching the nightforce 3-10 and going with something more like a 3-15 would make more sense.

Finally checked out the trigger on a Walther PPQ. The hype is real.

It's fucking divine. I just bought a Sig P320 in 9mm but my next purchase will be a PPQ in 45. It's double stacked as well so you get capacity, the best stock trigger on the market in a reasonable price range, and small enough that you can carry it where ever.

Nice, I want one of the Ruger gp100 Wiley claps but I just can’t justify another revolver right now with my trip next year and everything else.

I really wanted the 1911 in .45 when it came out but couldn't justify another 1911 (in fact I'd like to sell a few). Then shortly after becoming curious about 9mm 1911's I noticed this model. Figured it was try this or drop like 3k with Guncrafter Industries. :eek:

Thinking of finally drinking the Kool Aid on the P365 and trading or selling my Glock 43 for one. Any opinions either way?

Aren’t they essentially on like generation 2.5 now? I’ve read that newer models are not having issues.

Yes. They've had at least 2 corrections that I can recall. I prefer Sig to Glock as I don't care for Glock's ergonomics and you need to immediately replace the trigger and sights on them out of the box unless you pay for ameriglo's which are pretty nice. The 365 is very similar in size to the 43 except that it's a hair thicker in the frame due to the double stacked mag. I like capacity so I think the 365 is a really cool platform. It's all a matter of preference. Both are great guns.

Actually from everything I’ve read, the P365 is smaller than the 43 in every dimension.
DTICJvYX0AE4hsE.jpg

Which makes it even more engineering voodoo that they managed to cram 4 additional rounds in a smaller package compared to the 43. What I saw on some reviews is that they partially achieved this by thinning the walls on the grip/frame, which makes the frame flex a little more and somehow translates into some additional felt recoil, although that seems incredibly subjective.

My 43 already has the ghost connector which was a big improvement on the trigger. I’m still running the stock Glock sights but have the TLR6 attachment.

Actually from everything I’ve read, the P365 is smaller than the 43 in every dimension.
DTICJvYX0AE4hsE.jpg

Which makes it even more engineering voodoo that they managed to cram 4 additional rounds in a smaller package compared to the 43. What I saw on some reviews is that they partially achieved this by thinning the walls on the grip/frame, which makes the frame flex a little more and somehow translates into some additional felt recoil, although that seems incredibly subjective.

My 43 already has the ghost connector which was a big improvement on the trigger. I’m still running the stock Glock sights but have the TLR6 attachment.

Very cool. I stand corrected. I worked at a gun shop/range briefly as a supply chain manager/buyer and I always thought the Sig felt a little bigger in my hand. Go to a good shop that actually has some P365s in stock...they are a bitch to buy, trust me. I was getting 1s and 2s from my best wholesalers and we were selling them the day we put them on the shelf. See how it feels in your hand. If they have a range and you can rent it, even better.

bm-3300bk-1601.png

Infidel Kroll exclusive(Grey) from optics planet, $320 shipped.

It was on sale for like $400 and then they marked it down 15% and then I applied an additional 5% off coupon code.

So even if I don't want to keep a second Infidel I could probably make $55-80 on it or maybe use it towards a trade.

Got a Quarter circle 10 Upper billet and Lower receiver today. Small frame glock model. gonna turn it into an AR-9. Already got the Form 4 done and a AAC Ti-rant 9M sitting in 'jail'. 8.5" Ranier Arms barrel on order. Just need to pick out a good Suppressor capable handguard to put on her.

Went and handled a few pistols yesterday.

Glock 45 (black 19x with front serrations)
CZ P10C
PPQ
PPQ match

PPQ trigger was awesome. The match one I handled wasn't good.

P10c was nice, I was expecting a better trigger. Could have been just the one I handled. Marginally better than the glock.

Glock is glock.

My new AR should be done sometime this week.

Having another guy put it together cause I need the muzzle device pinned and welded on.

Back