What's your opinion on triple nose booker T burying?

I stopped watching wrestling for almost 2 years because of the Triple H show. I came back for a little and then Vince blew himself up so I left again.

2003 was awful. I watched here and there. That promo was so cringe-worthy. Hunter wouldn't even put Booker over at Mania which made the entire feud pretty pointless.

This is arguably HHH's worst burial. He cuts a promo filled with racial innuendos which should have led to a win for Booker T. Completely buries Booker T but at the same time, gave himself so much heat and the fans were all for Booker T here. Wrestling 101 says the face wins the title and the fans go home happy but this was when HHH finally got to shine without Austin/Rock/Foley so he clutched his spot like no one before him.

And then the actual Mania match itself was the ultimate burial. The angle could've been salvaged if HHH puts Booker over. Watch the ending. HHH hits 1 pedigree and waits exactly 23 seconds before covering Booker T and and HHH WON. 23 seconds after hitting the pedigree, HHH crawled over and still got a 3 count. Pitiful

I don't necessarily disagree that the long delay added to the burial; but the way I always interpreted it was HHH was selling the hellacious beating Booker gave him and he barely had the strength to make the pin after the pedigree. It almost looked like a double KO, except of course Hunter needed to get over so made the pin, but only after he dragged his near dead body up from the KO himself.

It's an underrated match imo, such a stacked card but I thought it held it's own against the sexier match ups due to being a good technical match with good psychology.

Maybe he got traumatized by this:

Trips once called Warrior "the most unprofessional guy I've ever worked with". Waiting 23 seconds to pin your opponent, knowing he isn't going to kick out, is as bad, if not worse IMO. Especially because at the time, Booker was already an established ME-level performer.

Trips once called Warrior "the most unprofessional guy I've ever worked with". Waiting 23 seconds to pin your opponent, knowing he isn't going to kick out, is as bad, if not worse IMO. Especially because at the time, Booker was already an established ME-level performer.
Triple H is salty as hell
Warrior is the greatest most awesome pro wrestler ever... He never lost clean

I think he's the only one now that Goldberg has lost

He sucked tho, lol

But, he shouldnt have fell off so hard after being in the main event.
Mulletsteiner was amazing he invented so many great moves that nobody today can even pull off.
Blondesteiner was incredibly entertaining too.
He was injured when he reached wwe and triple H sandbagged him

Mulletsteiner was amazing he invented so many great moves that nobody today can even pull off.
Blondesteiner was incredibly entertaining too.
He was injured when he reached wwe and triple H sandbagged him

Yeah Mulletsteiner and Blondesteiner were GOAT status..When he got to WWE he just seemed really rusty

Shit, I forgot about Hunter waiting so long to go for the cover before pinning Booker. Dear lord.

If you are going to go the semi racist route, you have to let the victim of said innuendos go over. It is redemption over the guy who thought you less than a person.

I hear if you go to the Safe Co field to this day, you can see the ghost of Booker T finally trying to get up from that pedigree.

Nobody gonna talk about how lame triple nose is?

Booker T should have won. Triple H is only good at Wrestlemania when he's losing and even then there's a possibility it'll go overly long. He's incredibly boring in-ring.

It's not even like the heel winning got major heat. People just didn't like HHH, and when he won, it was just an "Oh, for fuck's sake" moment.

Booker T should have won. Triple H is only good at Wrestlemania when he's losing and even then there's a possibility it'll go overly long. He's incredibly boring in-ring.
I'm so glad someone else agrees his matches mostly suck. He's reasonably tight in the ring, but my God, are his matches so damn tedious.

It was horrible. Really horrible.

I'm so glad someone else agrees his matches mostly suck. He's reasonably tight in the ring, but my God, are his matches so damn tedious.

His moveset is horrible and doesn't match the character he's trying to portray a lot of the time. And his match with Rollins recently was terribly conceived and executed.

Triple H was such a bad heel we're whining about a finish from 2003.
giphy.gif

<DisgustingHHH>

I just wanted to use the emoji.

Back