What's your views on DLC's for games?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are DLCs good or bad?

I class them in 3 categories.

• Useless/pointless one off playthroughs that got nothing to do with main game or main plot /spin offs (unacceptable even if I like game)
  • DLCs extending main game plot, new heroes, new items, ramped difficulty (acceptable if I really like the game)
  • DLCs adding real value and extending life of the game (only works with certain games, racing games would have new cars, strategy maps would have more maps, extra playable race ect)

I think it heavily depends on the game you play and what kind of DLC it is.

Lets take for example Ubisoft DLC's. ALL Ubisoft DLC's regardless what game it is are spin offs from the main version plot (ALWAYS) where you start from 0. I dont see a point of such DLCs, especially if its a one off play-though like newest Far Cry 5 Vietnam DLC, Watch Dogs first DLC, Assasins Creed Origins ect.

What else I despise is when DLC is announced way before main game release which is once again common with Ubisoft. That makes you question whether the price u pay for main game is worth it.

I personally like to see a DLC's that extends gameplay value for example Dark Souls 3. Although DLCs for such game were pretty weak, they really added extra fun factor, new items and it's only acceptable DLC for me because I really like the game and you starts where you left of. So no new character bullshit.

I hate DLCs that after you finish your main game, you are thrown into new character, with empty inventory and get on with new plot which most often is lame and boring (Mafia 2 DLC).

Whats your pov on this?

Last edited:
Back