When a fighter tests positive, have they always been cheating?

i don't know why this is even a surprise for many, especially after "the steroid era" in MLB, the completely dramatic transformations of NFL players over the years, the Lance Armstrong scandal where he didn't even test positive he got ratted out that's how he got caught, the Russian Olympic doping scandal and many others.

it should be common sense by now, anyone competing in a professional sport is highly likely to be on something.

every fighter and every athlete is using something to enhance their chances. at this point, i dont even consider it cheating.
it would be nice if more people would think sensibly like this.

In Werdums case i think so. It’s seems weird if he fought successfully natty all these years and now started to do PEDs.

9/11 is an inside job and Eart

Am I doing it right?
]
Eddie Bravo is really taking off now with Sam Tripoli and the Tin Foil Hat podcast. Neil De Grasse Tyson refusing to debate Dubay on JRE massively fueled their success.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist like yourself, therefore the answer will be no.
lmao. i, like many other sports fans would think those believing their favourite athletes not performance enhancing would be the real conspiracy theorists . you legit need to be retarded to think people arent "cheating" when the rest of the field is. and yes, you have clearly shown that the only "sport" you follow is mma

2nd bust seals the deal for me too.

But I believe one bust or even being associated with PEDs by way of just popping is sufficient to put an asterisk to one's whole career.

Cheaters never prosper.

Once a cheater, forever a cheater.

It doesn't matter. Only virgins think athletes are clean. Who cares? Do I think fighters should be tested and punished? Yes, for health reasons, but in terms of their fighting legacy, it's of no importance.

The UFC is so corrupt when it comes to who it manages to get exemptions for, and who gets punished that this entire subject has become pointless.

Steroids are a part of the sport that should be controlled, but it's no ever going away. No sport will ever be clean. Support testing, but stop acting like we need a town-hall debate every time a fighter tests positive. They're fighting dirty fighters as well.

Fighters don't care what the public thinks of them. They understand fans are naive, and stupid. They are more interested in what is acceptable among their peers than what is acceptable among society.

Fans always like to think they have some kind of control over the environment, but they don't.

When you see a fighter tests positive for something, obviously it puts their whole career in question.

The question I want to ask is, if a fighter tests positive, do you immediately assumed they've cheated throughout their whole career?

For me, guys like Anderson and Werdum, I don't think they've been roiding their whole career, I think they may have took something recently due to their age more than anything. Still doesn't make it acceptable and they deserve the bans although I don't believe Werdum was roiding back in the Fedor fight and that time period.

So when a fighter tests positive, do you still believe that this may be a one off instance? Or do you think that they've got away with it for years and have only just been caught? I tend to find myself more of the former.
We can't know for sure, but studies have found that people drive drunk 80 times for every time they get caught. That tells you something about how often people who fail PED tests have probably been using them.

2nd bust seals the deal for me too.

But I believe one bust or even being associated with PEDs by way of just popping is sufficient to put an asterisk to one's whole career.

Cheaters never prosper.

Once a cheater, forever a cheater.
Cheaters prosper daily, and likely more than do-gooders. I wish it was different, but that's not reality. The things you were taught in kindergarten only matter because you are small. For bigger people, the rules are always different.

Most humans are corrupt if given enough opportunities. Since most people don't ever encounter many opportunities, they rely on their so-called straight and narrow attitude, which is a compromise for not having power to abuse the system. When you don't have power, you promote your lack of corruption, and overall cleanliness.

It takes maturity to accept this.

Really don't care,

Doesn't even effect what im thinking about them at all in the slightest.

The sooner we dump this fucking ban on so called "Performance Enhancing Drugs" the better.

Cheaters prosper daily, and likely more than do-gooders. I wish it was different, but that's not reality. The things you were taught in kindergarten only matter because you are small. For bigger people, the rules are always different.

Most humans are corrupt if given enough opportunities. Since most people don't ever encounter many opportunities, they rely on their so-called straight and narrow attitude, which is a compromise for not having power to abuse the system. When you don't have power, you promote your lack of corruption, and overall cleanliness.

It takes maturity to accept this.
Your definition of prosperity is limited.
Cheaters never prosper. The internal hell of regret and dissatisfaction outweighs any monetary and hypocritical gain they make. The busts of PED users like Jones and others are a lesson for those with vision and wisdom when they realize that these cheats will forever be recognized as cowards and never-been frauds for generations to come. One's self image, respect, and character are a true reflection of prosperity.

We can't know for sure, but studies have found that people drive drunk 80 times for every time they get caught. That tells you something about how often people who fail PED tests have probably been using them.

That's a really good way to look at it actually.

Even if they haven't been caught once they've been using their whole career.

Your definition of prosperity is limited.
Cheaters never prosper. The internal hell of regret and dissatisfaction outweighs any monetary and hypocritical gain they make. The busts of PED users like Jones and others are a lesson for those with vision and wisdom when they realize that these cheats will forever be recognized as cowards and never-been frauds.

Cheaters do prosper though? Guys like Jon Jones and Werdum have made a lot more money and have achieved a lot more than others in their weight class who are fully clean.

It doesn't make it right but they definitely do prosper and gain from cheating.

I think there's certain fighters out there that probably aren't that fussed about the legacy they leave behind compared to what they can say they've won and the house they're living in.

Cheaters do prosper though? Guys like Jon Jones and Werdum have made a lot more money and have achieved a lot more than others in their weight class who are fully clean.

It doesn't make it right but they definitely do prosper and gain from cheating.
Thanks for proving my point of limited vision.

It's like speeding. Everybody does it because it helps them get where they are going faster. Some people do it too much and too carelessly and they get caught while others know where and when they can speed with the least chance of getting a ticket.

Back