When a fighter tests positive, have they always been cheating?

Thanks for proving my point of limited vision.

Not at all, we all know the personality of someone like Jones, he's not a saint, he probably is more interested in the house he's living in, his possessions and his record on paper over the opinion of his peers.

Should Jones have a mansion, sports cars and endless cash over someone clean like Patrick Cummins who is a top 15 fighter? No, of course not, but I dont think Jones cares.

Doesn't make it right, but people have made successes of themselves via cheating.

Not at all, we all know the personality of someone like Jones, he's not a saint, he probably is more interested in the house he's living in, his possessions and his record on paper over the opinion of his peers.

Doesn't make it right, but people have made successes of themselves via cheating.
Time will tell how successful a cheat really is. If you truely wanna know, try it and you'll realize. I know not from experience but from wisdom and second hand experience. Either way, if I have to explain true prosperity to you, then it's something you perhaps have yet to experience. I know of billionaires living in hell due to the corrupt ways they have lived their lives. There's no escape from internal regret and demise of one's dignity and respect.

The world will never accept a cheater.

Are you saying fighters like Jones or Anderson were squeky clean and then went on to take PEDs just as USADA came on board?

It doesnt make logical sense.

I think if you fail a PED test in USADA era, it's almost a certainty that you cheated throughout your whole career.
But then you look at how many times they passed the test and it’s reasonable to assume that a who Lot of guys who haven’t been caught were also using.

Probably wishful thinking :)

There are theories that his broken bones are a result of long term steroid use.

You can google for steroid induced osteoporosis.
Well steroids can also increase your bone miniral density. And if he had osteoporosis he would not fight again after that diagnos.

Your definition of prosperity is limited.
Cheaters never prosper. The internal hell of regret and dissatisfaction outweighs any monetary and hypocritical gain they make. The busts of PED users like Jones and others are a lesson for those with vision and wisdom when they realize that these cheats will forever be recognized as cowards and never-been frauds for generations to come. One's self image, respect, and character are a true reflection of prosperity.
In a land of cultivated sociopaths, none of that matters. The golden rule era is gone. Dead. It was snuffed out by marketers and an apathetic public obsessed with celebrity. Even so-called deeply religious people have sold their souls for power; regardless of the consequences.

The hero era is gone. Humanity has lost its innocents, and its been happening since the rise of television.

Like I said, there needs to be oversight with steroids, but the clean dreams are just wishful thinking.

In a land of cultivated sociopaths, none of that matters. The golden rule era is gone. Dead. It was snuffed out by marketers and an apathetic public obsessed with celebrity. Even so-called deeply religious people have sold their souls for power; regardless of the consequences.

The hero era is gone. Humanity has lost its innocents, and its been happening since the rise of television.

Like I said, there needs to be oversight with steroids, but the clean dreams are just wishful thinking.
The cup isn't half empty.

awesome-only-god-can-judge-me-guys-chest-tattoo.jpg

When you see a fighter tests positive for something, obviously it puts their whole career in question.

The question I want to ask is, if a fighter tests positive, do you immediately assumed they've cheated throughout their whole career?

For me, guys like Anderson and Werdum, I don't think they've been roiding their whole career, I think they may have took something recently due to their age more than anything. Still doesn't make it acceptable and they deserve the bans although I don't believe Werdum was roiding back in the Fedor fight and that time period.

So when a fighter tests positive, do you still believe that this may be a one off instance? Or do you think that they've got away with it for years and have only just been caught? I tend to find myself more of the former.
Jones is innocent obviously.
But to answer your question. Yes, its fair to assume they have cheated for some time with usada catching them out.

Not being a fighter, I have no idea what they take during training. I have no idea how easy it is to accidentally take something that is prohibited. I do know that a USA hockey player in the olympics was flagged once for using a nose spray for alleries that had a prohibited substance in it. Any fighters out there know how easy it is to make a mistake?

Most casuals think if a fighter piss hot once, they been drug cheats their whole career. I guess Brian Ortega is a drug cheat then. He pissed hot once, he's a cheater, right casuals?
Yes, he is a cheater

Doesn't mean he's still cheating, but the benefits from the steroids remain and he'll always be a PED cheat.

He made that decision, not me

Most casuals think if a fighter piss hot once, they been drug cheats their whole career. I guess Brian Ortega is a drug cheat then. He pissed hot once, he's a cheater, right casuals?

And it's not a stretch to think some fighters only began using out of desperation as they entered their late 30s and battled injuries and declining performance. A fighter testing positive at age 41 doesn't prove they were using anything 10 years ago.

Are you saying fighters like Jones or Anderson were squeky clean and then went on to take PEDs just as USADA came on board?

It doesnt make logical sense.

I think if you fail a PED test in USADA era, it's almost a certainty that you cheated throughout your whole career.

It is naive to think otherwise. If a fighter test positive during the USADA era, their masking agent or cycling was off, and they got caught. In most cases, they have been cheating for a long time. Anyone that is arguing against this logic is either trolling, ignorant, or a teenager.

There will always be cheating because many can and do beat the system. This is why Olympic athletes like Marion Jones can pass years of testing before she was caught and stripped of her Olympic medals. She never failed a test, her dealer was arrested and had her regiment in his books. She was forced to admit cheating and lost everything.

Everyone is on steroids, including your favorite fighters.

Anderson and Werdum popped way after their primes.

Not just 'casuals'. Seasoned MMA athletes as well who know the sport from the inside and who can speak from personal experience. See the Anderson picture upthread.

Should Jones have a mansion, sports cars and endless cash over someone clean like Patrick Cummins who is a top 15 fighter? No, of course not, but I dont think Jones cares.

To be fair, I don't think Cummins would get close t to Jones' level even if he could take unlimited PEDs. He's a one-trick wrestling pony, and not even the best one at LHW. Jones has physical attributes and a well-rounded skillset that's extremely unusual...even before any PED use.

Back