When and how do you draw the time line to forgive crimes committed by a nation?

When and how do you draw the time line to forgive crimes committed by a nation?

When the generation responsible for those crimes has passed away.

I'm talking from the crusades to the Indians massacre, slavery. Or last century holocaust. Some of you seem to have a pretty small memory when it comes to crimes your country have committed, and very hypocritical when discussing current themes. You got a lot of blood in your hands, since this is most yanks. I ask this question.

Yanks? Informally referring to Americans? Is this another 'let's pick on Americans' thread? What country are you from? Americans had nothing to do with the crusades or the holocaust. Indian massacre? What about all the white men, women, and children the American Indian killed? Whole innocent families who moved out West when the country was growing.

Slavery was a massacre? I thought the slaves were used for labor in the South, not massacred. Brazil had twice the number of slaves the Americans had. What massacres have the Americans committed? On a small scale there was the My Lai Massacre in Vietnam.

Did we, Americans, not go over to Europe to help the allies fight the Germans in WWII? Germany had not done anything to America. American resources and lives. WWI, China, Philippines, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, etc. Only country that ever attacked the U.S. was Japan, and Hawaii was not even a state in the Union at the time.

Some true massacres:
. Armenian genocide, 1920
. Stalin's massacre (USSR), 1930-1940
. Holocaust by the Germans, 1945
. Partition of India into Pakistan, 1947
. The Khmer Rouge massacre of Cambodians, 1975
. China, Mao's Cultural Revolution, 1966-1976 (78 million dead Chinese) *
. Rwanda genocide, 1994
. Bosnia genocide, 1995
. Myanmar (Burma) genocide of the Rohingya, 2017-18

Last edited:
We forgave Japanese aggression so quickly that even the soldiers who fought each other have visited the same battlegrounds together.

I don't think the world wants to hold grudges very long for the most part

I have a very long memory. The crusades were attempts to retake land that had been stolen from the Christians by Muslim invaders and the Arab Muslims took more slaves than the Europeans did.
That said, if I were a native American I wouldn't have forgotten or forgiven the atrocities done to my people. It's all about perspective I guess.

You'd hold a grudge against bacteria ?

You don't? I still curse the name of chlamydia after killing it off with antibiotics over 15 years ago.

Of course I hold an even bigger grudge against the skank who gave it to me.

I'm not a moron, i wrap it up.

In general, you should probably hold people who do something wrong accountable, and not so much people who didn't do anything but are the same race as people who did. I have nothing to do with slavery, nobody in my family has ever owned a slaved or killed an Indian, but it's "white people" who did it and I'm white, so I guess I'm on the hook for it too.

I think someone acknowledging their crimes and trying to make things right again goes a long way... The Japanese have made no such attempts (China) and neither have the the Turks (Armenian genocide).

I'm talking from the crusades to the Indians massacre, slavery. Or last century holocaust. Some of you seem to have a pretty small memory when it comes to crimes your country have committed, and very hypocritical when discussing current themes. You got a lot of blood in your hands, since this is most yanks. I ask this question.
When there's no one who bears any responsibility.No one alive today orchestrated those acts. Can I sentence you to prison if I discover that your great, great grandfather murdered someone?

37421179_1935320193192012_3630900137254977536_n.jpg

Don't you ever get tired of wonk wonk liberals yadda yadda?
Stale material.
Its true. Sorry, but it is. Its liberals who always remind minorities how helpless and beyond fixing they are because 200 years ago. When we stop having political parties who exploit minorities and deliberately breed suspicion in the name of progress, we will be able to move on.

At least 2 generations, 3 to be safe.
Nobody should pay for the sins of their father.

There is no "forgiveness" necessary. Your ignorance of the context of the events that you describe says all that needs to be said.

Slavery was taught to whites by blacks, it was and still is practiced by blacks but was outlawed by whites. Whites took part in slavery for the shortest historical period of any significant population on the planet and were the only group to give up slavery based solely on internal pressure. Attacking white people for slavery is utter insanity.

The crusades were a defensive action to militant Islam. There were plenty of atrocities committed under their auspices but if you were to list the 100 greatest atrocities of the entire crusades period in the middle east, 99 of them would be Islamic. This is just more man bites dog and the phenomenal dishonesty of modern western "intellectuals" that dominate the sociology departments.

The holocaust was a horrific event that killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 million people. Its maybe the worst event in western history. Its also small potatoes next to many historical atrocities. People like to talk about Mao's 60+ million person purge but China's history has had many such purges. Its impossible to know the death toll of the Han amalgamation but it is probably comparable in scope to Mao's purges and could conceivably be significantly larger. Africa has been a constant bloodbath so while there may be few singular events of that magnitude the constant slaughter, butchery, and enslavement is even worse then China. Historical India is just as bad as Pakistan. South American tribes practiced mass blood sacrifices (see apocalypto for what is actually a pretty damn accurate account of the reality of the period).

At the end of the day the west has been remarkably restrained considering its overwhelming military advantage. It is very likely that enlightenment values saved a billion+ lives around the world. See Steven Hicks on post modernism if you want to understand some of the reasons that the social narrative on this material has become so twisted.

Its true. Sorry, but it is. Its liberals who always remind minorities how helpless and beyond fixing they are because 200 years ago. When we stop having political parties who exploit minorities and deliberately breed suspicion in the name of progress, we will be able to move on.
Thank goodness someone found a way to work a term into any conversation whether it's relevant or not, baseball

Hilarious how a retarded Britcuck is making a thread like this

I guess a lot of it has to do with not just time but who committed the crimes, that is to say that if the present government is radically different and not connected to the one that did the crimes, I don't think it's necessary to hold them accountable. For example, there's no point in blaming modern day Germany for Nazi crimes. But Germany is an extraordinary case obviously since pretty much most of their fighting age men died or were imprisoned, Nazi leaders perished, and the new government was de-Nazified if that's even a word

Last edited:
Back