When did Dublin become a "tough neighborhood" ?

He lived with his mom until he was in his 20s, and he collected welfare even though he was fully capable of working and had no children.

I don't care what kind of neighborhood he lived in, he was basically living the leech life until the UFC called him.
Conor pays 50x the taxes you pay in your lifetime from one fight.

He lived with his mom until he was in his 20s, and he collected welfare even though he was fully capable of working and had no children.

I don't care what kind of neighborhood he lived in, he was basically living the leech life until the UFC called him.
Meanwhile you are on Sherdog with almost 12k posts in 3 years contributing jack all to society i bet.

Conor benefitted from a system that obviously worked well as he is now putting more back into it than you ever will.

Pathetic haterade.

Don't you love when idiots like TS that live in a safe little paradise talk shit about what neighbourhood is dangerous or not as if they know anything? Oh yeah those Irish gangs are a joke bro, just like they're a joke in the US. Wasn't there a few guys with SMG's in Dublin recently that started lighting the place up? Swear I read about it somewhere.

<Bottle.gif>
This was the one:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/05/man-shot-dead-at-dublin-boxing-bout-weigh-in

It was at a boxing event last year, fucking terrifying.

Meanwhile you are on Sherdog with almost 12k posts in 3 years contributing jack all to society i bet.

Conor benefitted from a system that obviously worked well as he is now putting more back into it than you ever will.

Pathetic haterade.

Let's say you were right and I was broke. I still wouldn't skip out on actually working, live with my mom, and collect welfare without even having any children. You work and you take care of yourself. Taking handouts when you're 100% able to work is called leeching, but maybe it's different in Europe.

lol

All these talks about Conor being from a tough neighborhood.

In Dublin the worst thing that could happen is a crow stealing your ice cream
Hes from the suburbs, not even the fucking city

They are really reaching

White people don't know tough upbringing, struggle and hardship. They try to go out of their way to prove how they supposedly came from nothing. They see all the famous black athletes and rap stars make it out of actual hardship and want the same rep..

But the thing is, they can't attain that. Their parents gave them a good life, because of wealth that has passed down through multiple generations... Something blacks don't have.

Same reason why white guys tattoo themselves up a lot of the time these days. They want an edge. Being black is enough for a brother. A plain white guy is vanilla as hell.

White people don't know tough upbringing, struggle and hardship. They try to go out of their way to prove how they supposedly came from nothing. They see all the famous black athletes and rap stars make it out of actual hardship and want the same rep..

But the thing is, they can't attain that. Their parents gave them a good life, because of wealth that has passed down through multiple generations... Something blacks don't have.

Same reason why white guys tattoo themselves up a lot of the time these days. They want an edge. Being black is enough for a brother. A plain white guy is vanilla as hell.
Is that you in your avatar?

Let's say you were right and I was broke. I still wouldn't skip out on actually working, live with my mom, and collect welfare without even having any children. You work and you take care of yourself. Taking handouts when you're 100% able to work is called leeching, but maybe it's different in Europe.
You really don't know anything about his situation I'm sure. Wouldn't you say that whatever Conor benefited from money wise, he has paid back in full, and then some? So what's the problem? He took a chance on his fighting career and it paid off big time.

giphy.gif

You really don't know anything about his situation I'm sure. Wouldn't you say that whatever Conor benefited from money wise, he has paid back in full, and then some? So what's the problem? He took a chance on his fighting career and it paid off big time.

Sure. You seem to take this very personally, if you're on welfare I certainly don't assume you know your situation, and I would not want your feelings hurt. Some people genuinely need the help.

What I'm talking about is a celebrity, who voluntarily put forth this narrative that he came from a tough situation. That opens it up to criticism. To me, an able-bodied adult man living with his mom and dad and collecting welfare while ditching trade school does not really justify the claim. Combat sports are full of stories of fighters who group up in awful poverty. Sleeping in boxes, homeless, hustling on the streets as children, even stories of being sexually assaulted by adults, etc. What Conor has done is spin a misleading narrative around a subject that actually does apply to many other fighters, and it's a bit off-putting.

You think full time combat training is just laying on your couch all day and not hard work?

Conor invested in himself by training his ass off in a sport that did not see much financial return early.

He's exactly what the welfare system should represent: keeping someone afloat until they can accomplish their goal and give back to their country.

Conor has already paid back whatever he got 1000 fold.

You think full time combat training is just laying on your couch all day and not hard work?

Conor invested in himself by training his ass off in a sport that did not see much financial return early.

He's exactly what the welfare system should represent: keeping someone afloat until they can accomplish their goal and pay back the government.

That scenario is not Conor investing in himself, that would be the government investing in him.

In my opinion, the welfare system is there to protect children from abject poverty, and to keep people off the streets. Conor was a single guy living with his parents, blowing off trade school.

The government welfare system is not Kickstarter. It's not an investment program. It's a safety net.

That's horrible..

Dublin is all sunshine and rainbows though in TS mind. Irish gangs are no joke. They aren't insane like some Mexican/Mexican American gangs but they aren't to be taken lightly. There's bad parts in basically every corner of the world and the Irish make up a lot of gangs out there/have to do with organized crime, so. You already know that though since you're one of the few ITT being realistic.

There is a lot if truth to this, people in general love to build up their story as overcoming crazy adversity, and you have people really reaching in most cases.

I came from a ssingle mom household and lived in a one bedroom apartment in the city, however I would not say I experienced hardship. We never went hungry or anything, never had to deal with serious gang violence, etc. But many would try to build that story up and compare themselves to what a Brazilian from the favelas went through.

There are certain whites who do go though it, usually hardcore rural poverty.

And also your middle class neighborhood can be plenty tough if it has a culture of fighting that doesn't escalate into shootings. Malignaggi for example comes from Bensonhurst I believe, which is filled to the brim with hotheaded italians and constant fights, but it is far from a ghetto. Dublin could be similar.

Ill add my 2 cents Being that I'm from Dublin, well I'm not actually from Dublin but a small town outside of Dublin but it's just easier to say I'm from Dublin.

That scenario is not Conor investing in himself, that would be the government investing in him.

In my opinion, the welfare system is there to protect children from abject poverty, and to keep people off the streets. Conor was a single guy living with his parents, blowing off trade school.

The government welfare system is not Kickstarter. It's not an investment program. It's a safety net.

Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about.

Take a moment to reflect on this. This is what blacks in America actually believe. The staggering amounts of money that gets wasted on these burdens and this is what they think, that they're oppressed and kept down..only they know struggle. They lack even a modicom of the intelligence to see anything but from their own perspective.

Back