When did GSP start gymnastics training?

L

Lissove

Because gymnastics give you explosive pop in your punches and GSP might as well be a finishing machine now shifting all his thick solid frame to deliver a blow.

From before his first fight in the UFC.

There is no scientific evidence that gymnastics training increases your ratio of fast twitch muscle fibres.

Sounds as real as aliens.

tell me more about that thick solid frame

There is no scientific evidence that gymnastics training increases your ratio of fast twitch muscle fibres.

It is ntt about the fiber ratio but how your body tones up as it adapts to excerting force and how in tune it gets with all the muscles working together opposite to working on isolated muscles.

GSP might as well be a finishing machine now shifting all his thick solid frame to deliver a blow.

Can't decide between replying with "sounds gay" or "you wish".

Don't know when GSP started, but he does gymnastics primarily for conditioning. Its like weight lifting but with movement (explosive/range) and lots of coordination involved. If you watch the Olympics, the guys with the most impressive physiques are the male gymnastics. Probably an excellent form of cross training for MMA.

Last edited:
tell me more about that thick solid frame
It's the Kelvin Gastelum ratio

Right now GSP has 0.9 Kelvin, reach arm thickness and frame thickness with width all working in this formula, so he might easily drop the C(a)unt if he lands.

Don't know when GSP started, but he does gymnastics primarily for conditioning. Its like weighting lifting but with movement (explosive/range) and lots of coordination involved. If you watch the Olympics the guys with the most impressive physiques are the male gymnastics. Probably an excellent form of cross training for MMA.

Not true bro.

GSP does tumbling, most of the athletes in that sport are built like a rake.

The gymnasts you see at the Olympics compete in artistic gymnastics, six apparatus. Rings, high bar, pommelhorse, vault, floor and P-bars.

Their physique comes from the apparatus mainly the rings.

Not true bro.

GSP does tumbling, most of the athletes in that sport are built like a rake.

The gymnasts you see at the Olympics compete in artistic gymnastics, six apparatus. Rings, high bar, pommelhorse, vault, floor and P-bars.

Their physique comes from the apparatus mainly the rings.

I've seen many photos of GSP on the rings and not just tumbling and vaulting. But I'm not at his workouts, so I can't comment on the exact items on his workout lists and the amount of time spent on each discipline.

Last edited:
Kōhei Uchimura - one of the best.
160cm = 5’ 3” ?
55KG = 124lbs

Short light compact is a more advantageous physique. Cricket vs Elephant. Reason Dodson bounces around with ease, athleticism too of course. GSP moves ok for a MW and some gymnastics ok for cross training. Though as noted need to be careful on the back as well as other joints since some movements can be damaging.

I suppose GSP is smart and rich enough to implement working training processess.

When his mom got fed up of driving him to his ballet lessons.

Because gymnastics give you explosive pop in your punches and GSP might as well be a finishing machine now shifting all his thick solid frame to deliver a blow.

But to answer your question, first time I recall seeing it was UFC 129 for the Jake Shields fight. Firas was saying it was so he doesn't get bored.

Don't know when GSP started, but he does gymnastics primarily for conditioning. Its like weight lifting but with movement (explosive/range) and lots of coordination involved. If you watch the Olympics, the guys with the most impressive physiques are the male gymnastics. Probably an excellent form of cross training for MMA.
Sprinters have the most impressive legs. Gymnasts have the most impressive upper body

Gymnasts are generally midgets or manlets?

Sprinters have the most impressive legs. Gymnasts have the most impressive upper body
Sprinters are jacked and wrestlers too. Swimmers next down the list. But, I still give tops overall to the gymnasts.

This seems to confirm my theory that the threads are getting worse.

Back