When did Max Holloway suddenly become the best fighter on the planet?

Unicorn Princes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been reading all kinds of media headlines describing him as an unbeatable force of death, and ignored it because I remember him getting bullied hard by people like Poirier and McGregor

But then I watched this video by the UFC and I'm just like wait, are they serious right now?

(starts at 23:59).

Like where in the world does this even come from? I don't think any serious MMA fan thinks Max Holloway is the best 145 pounder on the planet, and he's gotten punked by a lot of guys.

He is undefeated for 5 years, has one of the best win streaks in the UFC, he is only 26 years old and has already beaten a who's who of featherweights.

He is the best 145 pounder in the world.

when ?
you were not available for the last few years ? did you see what was happening ?

He is undefeated for 5 years, has one of the best win streaks in the UFC, he is only 26 years old and has already beaten a who's who of featherweights.

He is the best 145 pounder in the world.
He got destroyed by Poirier, who got destroyed by Conor.

Conor destroyed Holloway as well.

I just can't see him as the best featherweight. Sorry.

post-apocalyptic-movies-27-1.jpg

I've been reading all kinds of media headlines describing him as an unbeatable force of death, and ignored it because I remember him getting bullied hard by people like Poirier and McGregor

But then I watched this video by the UFC and I'm just like wait, are they serious right now?

(starts at 23:59).

Like where in the world does this even come from? I don't think any serious MMA fan thinks Max Holloway is the best 145 pounder on the planet, and he's gotten punked by a lot of guys.

when ?
you were not available for the last few years ? did you see what was happening ?

@Unicorn Princes stopped watching MMA in 2013.

Dude, those fights happened 5-6 years ago. A lot of water under the bridge since then.

doesnt matter, he just keeping that belt warm for ortega.

<LikeReally5>
...Really man?
What's with all these Conor lovers lately? Who pays these guys?

Well that's because you have learning difficulties. Losses from years ago don't affect how great he is now.
A loss to Ortega still doesn't take away his greatness. His 2 time destruction of Aldo defines his greatness at the best 145'r.

So you really think that Max Holloway wouldn't get destroyed by Conor now?
To put it in perspective, Max was like not long out of fucking high school when that fight happened. I'm not saying it's a given that Max would win the rematch. It is not. However, if you can't understand how things would be different this time around then I don't think I can help you.

Guy is on a 12 fight win streak with 2 wins over the greatest FW of all time.

Pssst, let me tell you a little secret OP....

Fighters get better.

Thats right, Holloway actually improved after his losses to Poirier and Conor. Crazy I know that a fighter can potentially get better, especially when those losses were when he was young.

HOW CAN A YOUNG DEVELOPING FIGHTER POSSIBLY GET ANY BETTER
I CANNOT COMPREHEND HOW THIS COULD EVER COME TO BE
I PERSONALLY CAN'T IMPROVE MYSELF, SO THAT MEANS THE SAME HOLDS TRUE FOR THE REST OF HUMANITY
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<LikeReally5>

Back