When did you start watching UFC?

My brother and I rented tapes as a kid to see Shamrock since I was a wrestling fan. I watched the Shamrock vs. Severn fight and thought it was gay. I then heard about this guy Cro Cop and how he was such a bad ass, then he got head kicked and I was like whatever. I watched the Sanchez vs. Stevenson card on Spike and have watched ever since.

Back in 99 or 00 I was renting UFC tapes at video stores with my cousins and loving every minute of it.

Saw UFC 1 on late night TV and then started getting recordings from a friend's satellite. I think UFC 5 was the first I watched live in a bar.

UFC 52 was when I started watching every event. I saw a few before, but was dug in after the Hughes / Trigg rematch.

The guy who owned my local grocery store sold dodgy vhs tapes. A few days after UFC1, we heard about it in the news and strolled down to his store to pick up a copy. Unfortunately, he had never heard of it.

Fast forward to UFC2, we take the same stroll to the same shop, to be met with a smiling store owner with a UFC1+UFC2 double feature vhs. My lust for violence had finally been fulfilled.

A few years later, i got into a brawl right outside his store with a giant 'tough guy' who had just been thrown out for shoplifting. He barged into me, didn't mind his manners, and i knocked him down more times than he got back up. I told him never to come back.

The shop owner gave me free ufc vhs tapes for years after that. Apparently the guy had been stealing from him for months, but after that he never came back.

It's the circle of life.

Watched ufc 1 w my older brother .He was into wrasslin back then and heard about it. I think it was on VHS not live though, been a long time ago. Watched several, then kinda got out of it mostly, watched some of the bigger fights, watched pancrase and vale tudo until I watched pride and was hooked again.

UFC 3 on VHS sometime in early to mid 1995.

Me too. I rented that with a friend at the time and my brother came in asking if he'd ripped his ponytail out yet. Had the misfortune of seeing Ken
Royce 2 live when ufc 5 was on ppv or some shit at that same friends house.

Always been a boxing fan but FULL mma fan since 2006.

First read about UFC2 in Black Belt Magazine back in 94. Was intrigued to say the least.

Went to the video store and rented it on tape.

Bought UFC3 on PPV a few months later and the rest is history.

UFC 31 and Chuck was 33. Hard to believe he was so old just getting started.

GSP vs BJ PENN 1 was my very first and I have to say, what a great introduction to mma.

Rented the early UFC’s on vhs back in the 90’s, got lost in the MMA dark ages, then started watching again from the first season of TUF. And...

1995 I think

The first fight I remember watching fully was Machida v. Evans like 10 years ago. I didn't know anything about the sport, and thought the Machida Era would never end

I remember being a kid and my dad rented ufc 1 for us on vhs.......Sike lol that seems to be everyones story though. I started watching when tito oritz had the belt. that was only because my mexican buddy had a blackbox and his family loved Tito.

Brock/Overeem Was My First UFC Card. Have Gone Back And Watched Almost Every Event Though From The UFC And Pride.

I saw the first one as a young teen. Everybody knew the name "Royce gracie." It sounded different back then.. That name.

I was a huge boxing fan as a teen and into early 20s. Pride is what got me to mma, not the ufc.

Back