When does the Danaher Headlock set come out?

i think by the end of this month or early next month

definitely within a month

I'm waiting for his berimbolo set next..

itching for more instructionals

I came across Danaher’s response to someone that once the 4 series set is released, he will release sets based on fundamentals. Not sure what this exactly mean. I suppose guard passing, mount, etc.

itching for more instructionals

Last I heard, he was going to release as part of a 3-volume set:
Volume 1: The Headlock
Volume 2: The Haymaker
Volume 3: Pushing Someone Hard

i feel you man im dying for more too he can take all my money lol i just hope he puts out a mount dvd thats one thing that the no gi community hasnt had properly and his guys have some good mount attacks so sure he has some great stuff

I came across Danaher’s response to someone that once the 4 series set is released, he will release sets based on fundamentals. Not sure what this exactly mean. I suppose guard passing, mount, etc.
awesome im glad but also not cause everyone will have the same stuff lol

I watched his leg lock videos and I was impressed! As a Ph.D. student, I can recognize brilliance when I see it! I will make sure to get anything that guy produces!

I just want to figure out why they like the Nate Diaz one handed arm-in guillotine. I've seen them use it a lot if not to finish at least as a placeholder to re grip or switch to other chokes and I'm wondering what sets it apart from a normal arm-in guillotine control.

My guess is it's probably more of a blood choke, while the double chinstrap/ten finger style attacks more of the windpipe. Id also wager a greater relative ease/simplicity of grabbing onto it and holding onto it. The gross motor movement also has some overlap with the power assist guillotine.

It could also simply come down to a habit of contingency. Someone learns doing it one way, and just keeps doing it as long as it works. I know the instinct for 'technique hoarding' can be pretty strong, and any time you learn something new you want to 'invest' in it somehow; trying to come up with an epicycling gameplan where anything and everything you've ever seen has a place in it in some way (even if taking a roughly contrary tack might ultimately be more practical).

Last edited:
Back