When does white privilege kick in?

After you've worked your ass off to get an education and a well-paying job.

I wish Asians would get the memo about white privileged as I'm sick of their shit.

True. The issue is that people conflate unequal outcomes with discrimination. Most of the factors that lead to poorer outcomes are under the person's control: don't have kids out of wedlock, don't get involved in crime, get an education or learn a trade, foster a safe and convivial community, etc. The left's response is always to say that slavery happened, therefore all black community issues are forever and ever the fault of whites. It's not constructive at all. Not to mention that only a tiny percentage of whites owned slaves, yet they're laying this at the feet of random whites at large - based on nothing else but skin colour. Recent immigrant from Scandinavia? You're white, you're guilty. Descendent of Irish indentured servants? White skin, guilty. Never stepped foot in a black community, not involved at all in any of their affairs? Guilty. The whole rhetoric is pointless.

Pointless indeed.

Just to play devils advocate, it begins in the womb. White babies get better nutrition, mother is more likely to take folate and pre natal vitamins, better screening and more likely to see a obgyn during the pregnancy, less likely to be a crack baby(though more likely to be born hooked on opiates).

Then, during the birthing process, the white baby is more likely to have an actual doctor that they know and have been seeing for months, and that doctor is probably better qualified.

After the birth, the baby is likely to have better nutrition, a more stable home environment, live in a home that will always have adequate heating and cooling, have its own room, and raised by two parents. And this continues throughout the baby’s life as it grows, gets a better education, and so on.

Now, is this white privilege, that the baby is more likely to be born into wealth or at least an socio-economic class that can provide all of its needs? Sure, there are plenty of poor, white trash that are not even capable of caring for a goldfish, much less a baby, but if you told me that you have a healthy, happy baby that is from a family it means-then asked me what race that child likely was-the answer would usually be from a white family.

Given all of those facts, of course the baby is set up to succeed in life. It’s much harder to do so if the child comes from a family filled with strife, and wonders whether “tonight will be a no dinner night.”

But again, is this what white privilege is? If so, I am proud to be raising my children in a white privilege family. I won’t ever feel guilt for how i raise my children, or that i was raised like that. But I also refuse to feel compelled to “just admit” that what I currently have is a result of privilege. Fuck that.
Its not just that though that's part of the feedback loop. To put it really simply as a white person you're more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt in an entire host of interactions across a plethora of institutions.

Let's take the police example which is among the most controversial. I pick it though because you yourself claim to be a cop and also plainly admit you don't give blacks the same benefit of the doubt.
I think maybe you are reading into that too much, or maybe i did not express myself clearly enough(it was 5 am). To be clear, all I am asking, is when chasing a subject believed to be breaking into cars and a house, and the subject is a black male, based upon what police officers see on a near daily basis, whether it is some type of implicit bias or whatever, I don’t think it is completely far fetched that the subject you are chasing could be armed-regardless of race, but looking at the statistics as far back as statistics have been kept in this matter, black males are leading all other groups when it comes to homicides. Don’t think that doesn’t affect what is going on in an officer’s head as they are chasing and then confronting this subject.

Again, maybe I am coming off as prejudicial, and maybe I am coming off that way, and I don’t mean it to be crass, or a blanket statement that means “all black males carry guns” but there is a significant portion of violent people with guns in this country that happen to be black. And it’s no coincidence that police have a lot of interaction with these same subjects. The amount of illegal guns that were seized by my officers on my shift alone last year was thirty something-every single gun that was seized from a felon, or a stolen gun, or a felon with a stolen gun-was a black male. Some were caught more than once in the same year, which shows the justice system needs work.

I am not sure there is any way to express this without coming off as a dick, and I really don’t mean to, but it is just a police officer’s reality that they will deal with black males involved in criminal activity that have guns. We deal with white male criminals more often, but when it comes to who is carrying the guns, it’s not even a contest. Hell, in my sixteen years as a cop, we just had my first murder where the suspect is white.
so a black person who isn't poor and runs into a cop like you at the wrong place at the wrong time might have some assumptions made about him that an equally well off white person wouldn't. Interactions with cops can have lasting consequences on one's life so this disparity in the benefit of the doubt can make all the difference.

I'm actually surprised this thread is still here. Must be Internet white privilege.

I do agree that Asians get the shitty end of the stick.

Work hard, be super smart and contribute to society? Fuck you for making all us other races look bad.

Its not just that though that's part of the feedback loop. To put it really simply as a white person you're more likely to be given the benefit of the doubt in an entire host of interactions across a plethora of institutions.

Let's take the police example which is among the most controversial. I pick it though because you yourself claim to be a cop and also plainly admit you don't give blacks the same benefit of the doubt.

so a black person who isn't poor and runs into a cop like you at the wrong place at the wrong time might have some assumptions made about him that an equally well off white person wouldn't. Interactions with cops can have lasting consequences on one's life so this disparity in the benefit of the doubt can make all the difference.

Statistics just fuck up your whole text wall. Be a good dude and you'll be good.

Statistics just fuck up your whole text wall. Be a good dude and you'll be good.
So basically, all black people have to pay for the crimes of their minority by being assumed guilty by association of race? See, not having to deal with that is white privilege.

So basically, all black people have to pay for the crimes of their minority by being assumed guilty by association of race? See, not having to deal with that is white privilege.

And there's the assumption.

If I'm a white, aggressive, not listen to cops and run or fight them asshole, there is a good chance I'll get shot. Happens all the time.

Actually happens more than unarmed black people getting shot by cops.

And there's the assumption.

If I'm a white, aggressive, not listen to cops and run or fight them asshole, there is a good chance I'll get shot. Happens all the time.

Actually happens more than unarmed black people getting shot by cops.
Its not an assumption though, I just quoted a cop who said he would be less likely to give the benefit of the doubt to blacks based on their race. Sure you can back that prejudice up by appealing to crime stats but you're ultimately justifying a double standard based on race and that has a real impact in the aggregate.

Its not an assumption though, I just quoted a cop who said he would be less likely to give the benefit of the doubt to blacks based on their race. Sure you can back that prejudice up by appealing to crime stats but you're ultimately justifying a double standard based on race and that has a real impact in the aggregate.

It's not a double standard. I'm not a huge fan of cops, but they deal with the worst of us and figure out patterns from the areas they patrol.

There are places/areas where white people are more likely to be up to no good than black people and vice versa.

It's not a double standard. I'm not a huge fan of cops, but they deal with the worst of us and figure out patterns from the areas they patrol.

There are places/areas where white people are more likely to be up to no good than black people and vice versa.
Its a double standard if there are different standards applied and that's what he admitted to. Under the same conditions he'd be more likely to assume danger from a black male than a white one.

Its a double standard if there are different standards applied and that's what he admitted to. Under the same conditions he'd be more likely to assume danger from a black male than a white one.

It's logic though. If he's been patrolling an area for a while and notices redneck white dudes are more likely to commit crimes there, is that racist?

It's logic though. If he's been patrolling an area for a while and notices redneck white dudes are more likely to commit crimes there, is that racist?
Whatever the reason its something blacks have to deal with that whites don't. Not being profiled like that is part of white privilege.

Whatever the reason its something blacks have to deal with that whites don't. Not being profiled like that is part of white privilege.

White people in high crime areas would deal with the same thing wouldn't they?

The nice white guy walking down the street in his wife beater might get stopped by the cops after a violent crime describing the assailant as a white guy in a wife beater.

White people in high crime areas would deal with the same thing wouldn't they?

The nice white guy walking down the street in his wife beater might get stopped by the cops after a violent crime describing the assailant as a white guy in a wife beater.
That's a case with a specific suspect description. What I'm referring to is the idea that, in a cop's own words, with all things equal he is more likely to assume danger from a black person.

Last edited:
That's a case with a specific suspect description. Wha't I'm referring to is the idea that, in a cop's own words, with all things equal he is more likely to assume danger from a black person.

I didn't read the quote you're referring to, but in certain areas I wouldn't consider it racist.

"All things equal" is a hypothetical that doesn't exist.
I'd assume he's referring to his own experiences.

I didn't read the quote you're referring to, but in certain areas I wouldn't consider it racist.

"All things equal" is a hypothetical that doesn't exist.
I'd assume he's referring to his own experiences.
It doesn't matter if the hypothetical doesn't exist, his answer to the hypothetical suggest his prejudice which is going to manifest itself in his policing and I doubt he's the only one. If anything he seems like a decent guy, imagine what prejudice from a dirty cop would look like.

Point being, this whole thing is not something that whites really deal with. Not in the way blacks do.

In sales, and when applying for credit, buying assets. White sales people are taken much seriously making their job easier. Asians are behind them but still pretty good. When they walk into a bank, they are taken more seriously. Along with that comes buying assets and building wealth through investment. Like a white boy have an easy peazy time buying condo in an Asian nabe, than a black person would. Trust me, I am in asian in the RE industry, even though I only do rentals. Those are just some examples.
when applying for credit? so when you enter information on a computer for credit, do you have to mark down that you are black? and do black applicants at banks have on nice clothing or are they wearing sagging pants, etc? because i would think a white dude dressing like an idiot has less chance at a loan than a professionally dressed black man

as for real eastate, is it white privilege, or is it that property values tend to go down when neighborhoods become more black? and the reason for that is not necessarily racism, but the fact that the more black a neighborhood becomes, typically the less it resembles the way the neighborhood used to look?

It doesn't matter if the hypothetical doesn't exist, his answer to the hypothetical suggest his prejudice which is going to manifest itself in his policing and I doubt he's the only one. If anything he seems like a decent guy, imagine what prejudice from a dirty cop would look like.

Point being, this whole thing is not something that whites really deal with. Not in the way blacks do.

If we're talking about just America you might be kind of right.

You have a personal experience you're talking about?

Back