When is Vyacheslav Glazkov coming back?

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He's been out for almost two years.

He looked like the best heavyweight prospect around when he beat Adamek, but he's 33 now.

He's been out for almost two years.

He looked like the best heavyweight prospect around when he beat Adamek, but he's 33 now.
When you absolutely fuck your knee up to the point that Charles Martin stops you in 3 it isn’t a fast rehab. To be 100% can take a year and a half easy.

I have no idea on his case, but it’s a long way back.

Glazkov never looked close to being the best HW prospect. I think he rather clearly lost to Cunningham of all people.

Glazkov never looked close to being the best HW prospect. I think he rather clearly lost to Cunningham of all people.

Who did you consider a better HW prospect in 2014?

Uh, Anthony Joshua (among others, but Joshua is the most obvious)?

Joshua clearly lost his Round of 16 fight against Savon in the Olympics, then lost again to Cammarelle in the final. He shouldn't have gotten a medal. Glazkov actually deserved his medal in Beijing.

Joshua's first big win in the pros was against Charles Martin in 2016. Glazkov beat Adamek in 2014.

Joshua clearly lost his Round of 16 fight against Savon in the Olympics, then lost again in the final. He shouldn't have gotten a medal. Glazkov actually deserved his medal in Beijing.

Joshua's first big win in the pros was against Charles Martin in 2016. Glazkov beat Adamek in 2014.

So you thought Glazkov was a better prospect than Anthony Joshua in 2014? Cool. Glazkov had a draw with Malik Scott of all people in 2013 (which was arguably a flattering result). No one in their right mind thought of him as the best prospect in the HW division in 2014 or any other year.

Back