When was the last time you bought a DVD or Blue Ray whatever physical movie thingy

I still buy them. I will buy the blue ray MCU set when it comes out.

I have a 65 inch 4K curve TV with the 4K Blu Ray player so I buy DVD's quite often. Streaming video quality is inferior to the real thing, plus I fucking hate new movies they are all shit, I mostly just watch old stuff. I bought the Nightmare On Elm Street Blu Ray set last week.

Also renting movies online is a huge rip off and the selection is not good, way overpriced for older movies and you don't have access to them for nearly long enough for the price you are paying.

I actually buy more now than in the past as streaming has depressed new and used prices a lot. Just had an order come from Arrow video with remasters of Ronin, To Live and DIe in LA, Withnail and I plus Buckaroo Banzai arrive on Blu-ray for about £6 each.

Then again I generally buy stuff I know I'm likely to rewatch often, if I watched mostly new TV/cinema in a "one and done" fashion I'd probably use streaming.

I bought Infinity War not too long ago. I'll probably buy Deadpool 2 and/or the original Halloween II.

About 4 years ago I lived with a guy who didn't have internet, and I had it on my phone so i was okay with it.

During that time I would hit up pawn shops and buy used DVDs super cheap for stuff to watch. Have a pretty good collection now from that

Bought braveheart not too long ago. Used to buy dvds alot now only my favorite movies in a collection which is only like 20ish movies.

I bought The Watchmen on Ultra 4k HDR. Watch on OLED --- not disappointed.

It is triple layer so they needed more than 66GB.

I had to think hard about this but it might have been the first Avengers movie on DVD

Frig man you can rent any movie on Youtube or find it by other means off the wonderful world of the internet
I heard there's this new invention coming out that will destroy the recording industry. Anyone can copy a recording for a fraction of the cost.

Musicassetta-TDK-vintage-anni-70.jpg

Will probably buy the game of thrones set eventually but not right when it comes out cuz it'll probably be over 100.

Our libraries (especially the central library) have an amazing collection of bluray and ultras 4k discs.

Last Christmas, I bought Dunkirk
on DVD. Still in the plastic wrapper.

I can't remember but I think I bought a collector's edition of Taxi Driver on BluRay maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I used to buy a lot of DVDs and have them all in a cabinet that I never open anymore.

i buy (bootleg) DVDs all the time. dat camcorder and live audience feel is so much better without having to pay 300$ for popcorn and sodas to watch a movie with some little shit who is just going to cry when spidey gets turned to dust.
I remember buying bootleg DVDs from some guy at a laundromat. Chappelle’s Show Seasons 1-2, and The Lost Episodes!

I heard there's this new invention coming out that will destroy the recording industry. Anyone can copy a recording for a fraction of the cost.

Musicassetta-TDK-vintage-anni-70.jpg

I still have several hundred cassettes in the loft. Mostly rock and metal stuff from the 80s-90s. To have bought them on CD would cost too much and I couldn't find some of the stuff. Couldn't tell u the last time I listened to them though...

Dunkirk aint all that. It's okay but nothing special imo.
I enjoyed the movie in cinema, but never had the urge to get it out of the wrap after being told it wasn't 'Christmassy enough for the whole family'

Back