When was the last time you bought a DVD or Blue Ray whatever physical movie thingy

whatever it is you kids do with music today, i have never did it even once, i bought an ipod a decade ago, with the intention of giving it to a friend to fill for me, and its sat in the same draw since then, empty.

only time i listen to music is in the car, on its CD player, but its been a year since i bought a CD.

whatever it is you kids do with music today, i have never did it even once, i bought an ipod a decade ago, with the intention of giving it to a friend to fill for me, and its sat in the same draw since then, empty.

only time i listen to music is in the car, on its CD player, but its been a year since i bought a CD.

I have songs on flash drives I shove in my USB hole

My whole movie collection is on vudu

Bought an aliens quadriology blue pack at Walmart last year for like 16 bucks prior to that shit film Alien Covenant’s theatrical release.

Bout a month ago.

I do a lot of youtube listening casually but my serious collection is still on CD.

The problem getting into new music these days is you need to do so much digging to find the good stuff. I mean yeah a lot of standard pop releases have always been poor but more recently even in the alternative scene I think you've seen a corperate takeover and a lot of bullshit hipster hype from Pitchfork types that doesn't last. Good cinema on the other hand is much easier to pick out , its very rare these days that I pickup a film I think I'll like and end up hating it(Upstream Colour is the only one that comes to mind this year).

Last edited:
I still buy physical media because I care about quality and physical owning something.

I don't understand the streaming or digital only crowd. It's basically just renting something. I could never be that casual and un-caring about something I love.

My receiver decodes that too. Most big action/sci-fi titles uses it.

Yes, most 4k Blurays have an Atmos audio layer. So, what are you waiting for... you should get an Atmos setup. It takes it to another level.

I don't understand the streaming or digital only crowd. It's basically just renting something. I could never be that casual and un-caring about something I love.

These gay ass millinials only stream the latest Marvel movies other than that they don't even watch movies at all they watch videos of other people playing video games and shit, it's like the girl in that one commercial "Whats a computer?" Get the fuck out of here, streaming is horseshit and not a good value

I bought a bunch of blu-rays this month. I greatly prefer physical media as I own them and I get much better video and significantly better audio (streaming audio is shit, ultra compressed Dolby Digital, compared to lossless blu-ray audio). I have the Halloween II 4k scanned blu-ray and Halloween III 4k scanned blu-ray coming this week as well as The Unnamable and hopefully Night of the Demons 4K scan.

The other month bought Eyes Wide Shut movie. Only buy dvd's which are 3 quid each most the time.
Never bought a blur ray disc. Apparently blue ray plays play dvd's in better quality than a dvd player would.

I even bought A CD not to long ago. Love to get my hands on a Mini-Disc player.

I had to think hard about this but it might have been the first Avengers movie on DVD

Frig man you can rent any movie on Youtube or find it by other means off the wonderful world of the internet
True story: last night, I went to my bassist's place to talk about post-gig discussion. One of the neighborhood kids told me that he went to buy some bootleg DVDs from the otherside of the park. Who the fuck buys a DVD? Was the first thing I said to the kid.

I buy them used quite often. one place sells them for a dollar each.

Last time i got escape plan, get carter and borat.

Last month. The Japanese film Vibrator, and Mary and Max.

Next I’ll be buying Legend with Tom Hardy, and I, Tonya.

Back