When was the last time you were really sick?

Hagelslag2

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So,at the start of the week, I developed a pretty bad case of gastro. No idea what caused it, but I couldn't even keep a glass of water in and lost about 5lbs in a day. I seriously can't remember the last time I was that ill. It has taken me until now (it's Saturday afternoon here) to get over it. That's 6 days.

This had me wondering. Everybody has a cold once in a while that might take you out for a day or two, but when was the last time you were really sick and how often does that happen to you?

About two years ago I caught a nasty stomach bug; threw up 14 times in one night. Anti vomiting and nausea medications had no effect, but the worst was that night.

I was significantly better the next day. I guess it was a 24 hour virus.

2 days after Christmas last year. My cousin is the one who always brings her sick kids to the family gathering basically every year. "Oh they have been puking non stop the last 3 days, but they said they felt better this morning." Went back to work on the 27th, woke up feeling like shit, threw up within a half hour of the shift, had to wait an hour for relief to come in. Spent the next 2 days unable to keep anything down and in bed.

True to form they came to Christmas sick again this year. I had to work but a good chunk of family got sick again from them. I wish they would just stay home.

About two years ago I caught a nasty stomach bug; threw up 14 times in one night. Anti vomiting and nausea medications had no effect, but the worst was that night.

I was significantly better the next day. I guess it was a 24 hour virus.

When I was about 10, I got a stomach bug and threw up every twenty minutes or so for about 24 hours. It was crazy. Most of it was dry heaving and heaving stomach acid as there was nothing in my stomach. My throat started to hurt and burn. Also had a fever of about 104 and I couldn't walk straight because I was dizzy. Fun time.

I had gastro a couple years ago which was awful and then had it about ten years ago even worse. Worst thing I remember getting was some weird kind of bacterial infection when I was around 20 that took literally a month or more to fully recover from. I went from about 200 to 170 pounds and you could see all my ribs and shit. I was literally about half as strong when I could finally lift weights again.

Had pneumonia two years ago from running myself down training like is was in my 20s. If you think you're sick, take a day off dummy.

Now that i think about, ive never been sick. Or even had a cold

Hey son spot for me i wonder what i max out at bench press. Never really thought to try

last year I got the flu for the first time in 15 years and really thought I would die.
as a matter of fact, I WANTED to die it was so miserable.

Mid 90s when I was a kid. Been hungover around a dozen times, but not sure if that counts as "sick".

Got the flu going around a few weeks back

Immobilized me for a good 5 days...slept 48 hours straight

I dont remember when the last time was specifically, but about 3 years ago I had severe case of MONO and STREP at the same time!

I thought I was going to die. I actually really could have, because my windpipe was so swollen and full of mucus I almost couldnt breath. Doctors mis-diagnosed it at first which resulted in me going un-medicated for several days.

Lost 15lbs and was already very skinny to begin with.

Got the flu this year. For five days on vacation I slept, ate and pooed. Worst vacation ever. Lol

Like 10 years ago I got the flu really bad. I was puking every 10 minutes or so, and shit my pants.

When I tried kratom for the first time, I wasn't feeling any noticeable effect so I kept ingesting more kratom, BIG MISTAKE, after a while I had a huge panic attack (I never had a panic attack but I guess that's what a panic attack is: heart racing like mad, hands trembling, feeling nervous/jittery as hell, paler than death, the dreary feel that a heart attack is going to happen, it was truly an awful scary experience).

So,at the start of the week, I developed a pretty bad case of gastro. No idea what caused it, but I couldn't even keep a glass of water in and lost about 5lbs in a day. I seriously can't remember the last time I was that ill. It has taken me until now (it's Saturday afternoon here) to get over it. That's 6 days.

This had me wondering. Everybody has a cold once in a while that might take you out for a day or two, but when was the last time you were really sick and how often does that happen to you?
I had lyme disease last year. That was pretty shitty but not really debilitating.

I got something when Swine Flu was going around, I assumed thats what it was and it was brutal. I honestly thought I might die. It peaked really fast and didn't last long though. Unbelievable chest and nasal congestion though.

When I tried kratom for the first time, I wasn't feeling any noticeable effect so I kept ingesting more kratom, BIG MISTAKE, after a while I had a huge panic attack (I never had a panic attack but I guess that's what a panic attack is: heart racing like mad, hands trembling, feeling nervous/jittery as hell, paler than death, the dreary feel that a heart attack is going to happen, it was truly an awful scary experience).
I had those for a short time after my mother died. Watching a person close to me die of terminal illness really did a number on me. Every little ailment I had, I was sure it was death. The feeling was exactly what you describe.

Got tonsillitus from necking a dirty bitch a few months ago. Spent the week in bed, unable to drink, eat, swallow, or sleep. Lost around 15lbs that week, and went delirious from hunger, and started imagining that I was flipping burgers at a park barbecue. When I came to, I realised I was in my bed, in the dark, doing the motion of turning the nonexistant burgers. Fucked me up.

I get a cold once or twice a year. Haven't had the flu in 30 years (and I don't get the flu shot either).

Back