When you eat a sub type sandwich what side do you usually position the open side?

which side

• Total voters
I don’t even know what that is but who wants a foot long sub uncut?
It's a pretty good chain sandwich shop. Not sure how big they are elsewhere but I have one by my house so I go there every once in awhile. They have odd sizes. 9" and 2'

My body is a temple of god and I refuse to pollute my sacred stomach with such vile substance.

The only sub I eat is the meatball with marinara sauce so I eat it open side up or the sauce drips out.

For me I like to hold the open side to the right of my mouth, I feel like my right hand has more confidence in holding it closed and together

Only time I do a left open side sandwich eating is if I have to eat it in reverse after determining this will provide the most meaty finale. Nothing worse than that list bite just being bread - I always try to divvy it out to achieve the best happy ending

Here's some diagrams

This guy is performing the classic left side open to mouth

young-man-eating-freshly-made-sub-meat-feast-san-15576064.jpg

This next one is preparing to do right side of open mouth, you'll notice how much more happy and optimistic he is

joyful-guy-having-a-sandwich-picture-id643654532

Wait, I thought the open end goes up top so nothing spills out? Why the fuck would you hold that sideways so it falls out? Do you eat hotdogs sideways too?

Usually the right side. Sometimes I try left.

That’s weird that most people out the open side to the right. Most people are also right handed. I’m left handed and I position the open side to the right as well. I would be interested to know if the few people who position it to the left are left handed.

I told @Clippy in post #6 that the easy prediction here is 80-90% of the poll would be right because 90% of people are right handed. I voted left, and yes I'm left handed. If you are looking at your sub in front of you, then generally a left handed person will grab the sandwich with their left hand and lift it so that its facing left, same for right handed people but facing right. If you polled 10,000 people I can almost guarantee you the result would be the same 9000 right, 1000 left give or take a few, like yourself. I would say its not the lefty's that are the outlier here, its you. I would be interested to know, if you are left handed, do you reach for your sub with your right hand first? You hold the sandwich like a righty, not a lefty.

I told @Clippy in post #6 that the easy prediction here is 80-90% of the poll would be right because 90% of people are right handed. I voted left, and yes I'm left handed. If you are looking at your sub in front of you, then generally a left handed person will grab the sandwich with their left hand and lift it so that its facing left, same for right handed people but facing right. If you polled 10,000 people I can almost guarantee you the result would be the same 9000 right, 1000 left give or take a few, like yourself. I would say its not the lefty's that are the outlier here, its you. I would be interested to know, if you are left handed, do you reach for your sub with your right hand first? You hold the sandwich like a righty, not a lefty.

Yeah I would bet you are right (no pun intended). I am definitely an outlier. It just feels weird to me to have the sandwich face left even though I eat with my left hand. I think it’s because I don’t want my palms touching whatever is in there, just the bread.

Yeah I would bet you are right (no pun intended). I am definitely an outlier. It just feels weird to me to have the sandwich face left even though I eat with my left hand. I think it’s because I don’t want my palms touching whatever is in there, just the bread.

I get it, but here is the thing. My sub is facing left, my left hand is at the bottom of the sub, furthest away and my right hand is only touching bread, the closed faced side of the sandwich. What I'm saying is this. In order for your account of things to be true, you hold the sandwich as if you are right handed. Your right hand is at the far end of the sub, the sub is facing right, and your left hand is more toward the middle of the sub on the back side, touching only bread, which would be the opposite hand positions most left handers would use.

I don't know if that makes sense but what we are talking about is the position of each hand that determines it. My left hand is furthest away, and I'm guessing yours is closest.

I have a slight cross bite. I tend to chew on my left side because the right side of my jaw will crack if it’s a big morsel to chew.

If you eat a sub sandwich facing left you deserve the worst life can give you imo.

I never eat sub sammiches, subway is utter miserable overpriced shit in Russia.

I never eat sub sammiches, subway is utter miserable overpriced shit in Russia.

Doesn't have to be subway any such type of sandwich pictgured in OP - you can make this shit at home

Back