When you get the cold or flu are your symptoms harsh or just mild?

It depends on how soon I catch it. If I don't feel it coming on and prepare, I'm going to get slammed.

I don't get sick, sounds like something that would happen to a poor person...

I get fevers with temperatures as high as 108F. I went to urgent care after work one day and my temperature was 106. They asked me how long I had been off work. I told them about 45 minutes. I was given instructions to rest, drink plenty of fluids, take aspirin and not go to work until my temperature went down. The following morning it was 103 so I went to work.

It depends on how soon I catch it. If I don't feel it coming on and prepare, I'm going to get slammed.
usually when you feel one coming on its a Cold, the one that hits you abruptly is the Flu

I get fevers with temperatures as high as 108F. I went to urgent care after work one day and my temperature was 106. They asked me how long I had been off work. I told them about 45 minutes. I was given instructions to rest, drink plenty of fluids, take aspirin and not go to work until my temperature went down. The following morning it was 103 so I went to work.
Did anyone else at work get sick from you?

I would imagine that people prone to high fevers often fight off infection better than others. I remember when I was young it got to the stage of truly freaky dreams and sleep walking/delirium, reduced now but I do often get a high fever for a day then no followup illness.

On a similar subject does anyone else get "cold/flu euphoria"? part way into a illness when your still feeling unwell a strong feeling of relaxation/happiness? it feels like a lot of descriptions I'v read of opiods.

Last edited:
I would imagine that people prone to high fevers often fight off infection better than others. I remember when I was young it got to the stage of truly freaky dreams and sleep walking/delirium, reduced now but I do often get a high fever for a day then no followup illness.

On a similar subject does anyone else get "cold/flu euphoria"? part way into a illness when your still feeling unwell a strong feeling of relaxation/happiness? it feels like a lot of descriptions I'v read of opiods.

I used to get delirium when I was a kid, but thats only when I get a high fever, I used to see things larger than they were when Id close my eyes Id imagine the wall was growing and I was really small.

never had a euphoria feeling, I dont think I could feel happy with aching body high fever and a sore throat.

usually when you feel one coming on its a Cold, the one that hits you abruptly is the Flu

Gotcha. With my UC, I've gotta be doubly careful with my immune system.

That it does. It sucks so bad.
yeah I think he has Chrons or something like that, he said his anus and colon gets swollen or inflamed during a flare up that sometimes its hard for him to take a dump, its almost like how people get allergic reactions and the esophagus inflames.

@El Chimpo

When you get the flu, how do you take care of yourself? Like do you have to go to the hospital for I.V. fluids, or do you just stay at home and rest? Or what? How long does it usually take to pass, to where you start feeling better?

I remember the last time I had stomach flu (or maybe it was food poisoning) but not the regular flu. It only lasted 24 hours. I was vomiting and shitting like every half hour and thought I was gonna die. Literally just standing up and taking a couple steps felt like it was nearly impossible.

Yea my wife tells me them menstrual cramps are a bitch. Drink lots of lemon tea bruh, it'll help soothe your swollen urerus.

i never get sick mainly because i don't eat meat and i'm in good shape and my immune system is strong. If i begin to feel something coming on i.e. that feeling you have in the back of your throat when you wake up, i eat cloves of raw garlic... dice it up and swallow it down, twice a day or more if needed, must be raw... it's a miracle plant...

i never get sick mainly because i don't eat meat and i'm in good shape and my immune system is strong. If i begin to feel something coming on i.e. that feeling you have in the back of your throat when you wake up, i eat cloves of raw garlic... dice it up and swallow it down, twice a day or more if needed, must be raw... it's a miracle plant...
Koreans love that raw garlic, i cant eat raw garlic my stomache will ache.

Flu takes me out and puts me in bed for two days and body aches, headache and sore throat.

Usually some lemsip makes me feel better.

yeah I think he has Chrons or something like that, he said his anus and colon gets swollen or inflamed during a flare up that sometimes its hard for him to take a dump, its almost like how people get allergic reactions and the esophagus inflames.

Yeah and you don't feel like eating because it's inflamed.

depends on the bug. Stomach flus are really hard on my body. I usually vomit for a full day and a half, but usually feel better right after.

A head cold isnt as intense but it lasts longer and those symptoms are annoying like scratchy throat and a stuffy nose.

Yeah and you don't feel like eating because it's inflamed.
He told me when he gets a flare up he has to go on a soup diet, but some times they last from a few days to months. He said the hardest part is finding which foods are trigger foods and which aren't.

He told me when he gets a flare up he has to go on a soup diet, but some times they last from a few days to months. He said the hardest part is finding which foods are trigger foods and which aren't.

Definitely. The whole thing is trial and error. The craziest thing is that water triggers me more than soda or tea. I have to eat at night whenever I drink water or I'll start getting some mild cramps.

Back