Where do you rank Chuck Liddell in LHW history?

Between 7 and 15.

The real killers at 205 fought in japan. I have Shogun, Wanderlei, Page etc. ahead of him, simply because of the level of competition. Maybe Page simply had his number, maybe the UFC LHW was kinda wack.

1. JJ
2. DC

You can then make a case for any of Chuck/Wanderlei/Rampage/Shogun...if you are playing the level of competition card, even Anthony/Gustafsson come into it.

Between 5-10. Light Heavyweight has so many amazing fighters.

But try to find a single boring Liddell fight. He absolutely brought it every single time. Every Liddell fight was worth the money.

I have him at #6 behind Jones, DC, Shogun, Rampage and Wandy.

Arguably top 5 though.

rutfz6.jpg

Last edited:
Up till 2017?

Probably around 10

Wanna see Chuck Tito 3 in Belly!

Without JJ id say Liddell is second behind Shogun. I think prime v prime Chuck beats Cormier and was more dominant than him as champion.

Hard, but top 3 rather than 5 imo.

Doesn't matter. He carried the UFC before it got huge in the TUF era and deserves all the money and credit that goes with it.

Between 5-10. Light Heavyweight has so many amazing fighters.

But try to find a single boring Liddell fight. He absolutely brought it every single time. Every Liddell fight was worth the money.

His fight with Jeff Monson back in 2000 was the only fight I recall that was not overly entertaining of his, and that was early in his fight career, plus Monson is/was a much bigger and stronger dude then him....But I do agree with everything else you said, easily top 10 and maybe as high as 6

Last edited:
Eh the dean of mean beat him so I'd say top 10 lol

One of the best. Not the best though. Probably top 5 or top 10.

Lot's of great fighters at LHW throughout the years so it's hard to make a top 10 list.

I rank Chuck according to the looks in his eyes.

5.)
tenor.gif

4.)
i1ehl0.gif

3.)
mma-reaction-gifs-chuck-liddell-air-guitar-stroke.gif

chuck-liddell-reaction-o.gif

2.)
3000344_o.gif

1.)
107j5gg.jpg

top 10,not top 5

In terms of prime vs prime behind Jones, DC, Shogun, Johnson, Rashad Page, Gus, Wandy, but in the mix somewhere with Machida, Jardine, Randy, Tito, Arona, Reem.

1. JJ
2. DC

You can then make a case for any of Chuck/Wanderlei/Rampage/Shogun...if you are playing the level of competition card, even Anthony/Gustafsson come into it.
jj got done for peds multiple times. performance enhancing drugs...... get it.

Back