Where do you rank Leonardo DiCaprio among the greatest actors?

Where do you rank Leonardo DiCaprio among the greatest actors?

• Total voters
His ability to choose the right scripts is better than his acting ability . Imo he overacts a little to much. Still he picks great scripts for both his ability and box office. No chsnce he makes a top 25 all time list imo

He's decent but not elite.......like in The Revenant, for example, he was massively overshadowed by Tom Hardy, not o mention DDL in Gangs of New York.

Literally trying to give him a numerical ranking is obviously inane.....134th?

He does combine that movie star / serious actor very well, I'll give him that.

It really depends on whether we are ranking his pure acting skill or judging his body of work because I think he is one of the best if not the best at being selective with who he works with and what movies to be in.

Imo he overacts a little to much.
He does.

But so do the likes of Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson as well...I liked him in all of the movies I watched. Which can't be said for someone like Brad Pitt who ruined the, otherwise great movie Seven, with that ending scene alone, imo.

Last place sadly. You really should've given me Giselles' Number back then.

Last edited:
Not a bad actor. As a maritime historian I dislike him because of Titanic. Also Romeo and Juliet is the most cringy movie of the 20th century. Still I liked him in Jango. "Shake my hand" is an iconic line. Would have liked to see him in some other period dramas.

I still remember him as that guy who never won an Oscar until he won an Oscar.

He's an elite actor, better than the vast majority. Only a few better than him imo.

I got him probably in the 61 slot, right ahead of Slim Pickens but behind Rutger Hauer!

I haven't always liked him, but its hard to argue he's not a great actor. He has range, so to speak

I guess you just have to ask yourself if he went Full Retard in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. If the answer is yes then he cant be top 10

Back