Where Does The US Gov. Get Oil From

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hear about the oil reserve or something, does that mean the US has oil fields under their control? if so where? Or does they just buy it from land owners?

I'm not sure what your question is, but domestic oil production/extraction is not performed by the federal government, but by corporations that purchase the land from which oil is drilled, either from private landowners or (increasingly during this shit show of a presidency) or by contracting with the federal government for access to federal public lands.

I believe that, currently, Texas is by far the largest oil producing state and has the largest proven reserves. After that, Alaska, the Dakotas/Montana, and California are often drilled for oil. If I recall, there's a fair amount of activity in Appalachia as well.

Isn't there a series of caves in Louisiana that the government filled with oil in case of an emergency?

I thought I read that somewhere.

images

Who wants to know?

We definitely have oil here in the US. There's a shitload of it up in Alaska.

The government doesn’t buy oil. Its a traded commodity.

Pretty soon Iran after Trump goes Saddam on them.

I hear about the oil reserve or something, does that mean the US has oil fields under their control? if so where? Or does they just buy it from land owners?

Texas lots of oil there I think the Bush clan owns some well!

Pretty soon Iran after Trump goes Saddam on them.

Saddam become a house hold name all over the world the media did a good job! Pop songs,Children's songs were made mostly pinning all the worlds problem on Sadam,

I think TS is asking about the Strategic Oil Reserve. They maintained in Louisiana and Texas and are held by the Department of Energy.

The oil delivered to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is supplied by operators that acquire leases on the Outer Continental Shelf in the Gulf of Mexico. They pay royalties by supplying oil to the Department of Energy. Reserves are stored in TX and LA.

Well for one, oil is magic.

Secondly, it can only be summoned by the most advanced wizards.

Finally, the best wizards are owned by billionaires in the middle east.

And secretly, they do it in the middle of the ocean so no one can learn their ways.

Well for one, oil is magic.

Secondly, it can only be summoned by the most advanced wizards.

Finally, the best wizards are owned by billionaires in the middle east.
Not true anymore. The US managed to get better wizards. Or at least more efficient ones.

Back