Where is Yair "El Pantera" Rodriguez

They are hiding him and protecting him. They'll bring him back once the landscape at 145 gets more favorable for what they now know his real level to be, and they find some way to put him on a path to the title by booking him around all fighters that are threats. They do it all the time. Just at Featherweight they did it with Colin not so long ago.
Uhh what??

Edgar took Jeremy Stephens, Cub Swanson and Do Bronx down at will as well so it's not like Edgar doesnt do this to a majority of dudes at 145 lbs.
I'm aware. My original post meant that hopefully he stops the constant spinning attacks although I didn't mention it.

I'm aware. My original post meant that hopefully he stops the constant spinning attacks although I didn't mention it.

This was more a case of quoting one person to address a party of folks so don't take any offense really.

As for the point of your post? It's tough. I mean I don't wanna rob him of what makes him successful but being unorthodox and flashy works when you have a successful base behind it. It took Holloway a while in the UFC to really understand how to make his sizzle effective and it took some close calls and harsh lessons to do it. What I'd like to see him do is spend a lot of time with a gym like Kings MMA that can refine his boxing like they did with Gastelum. I know he trains a lot in Chicago with Izzy Martinez but he needs to start to branch out a bit.

He is blasphemous for having a name like "El Pantera" and not walking out to Pantera 5 Minutes Alone......literally the perfect walkout song for an MMA fight.

tumblr_lww7eoOrma1ql0r06o1_500.gif

This was more a case of quoting one person to address a party of folks so don't take any offense really.

As for the point of your post? It's tough. I mean I don't wanna rob him of what makes him successful but being unorthodox and flashy works when you have a successful base behind it. It took Holloway a while in the UFC to really understand how to make his sizzle effective and it took some close calls and harsh lessons to do it. What I'd like to see him do is spend a lot of time with a gym like Kings MMA that can refine his boxing like they did with Gastelum. I know he trains a lot in Chicago with Izzy Martinez but he needs to start to branch out a bit.
Indeed. I was thinking Team Quest more than Kings but as long as he were to go somewhere else and allow himself to grow it'll only help him out in the long run.

Indeed. I was thinking Team Quest more than Kings but as long as he were to go somewhere else and allow himself to grow it'll only help him out in the long run.

Team Quest would be an interesting fit and I know he had a few runs with AKA after TUF. I want the sport to grow so the more Latin American fighters getting better and standing out then the better.

Team Quest would be an interesting fit and I know he had a few runs with AKA after TUF. I want the sport to grow so the more Latin American fighters getting better and standing out then the better.
I suggested Team Quest cause that is definitely a camp that is wrestling heavy. I don't know as much about Kings MMA but if they would help him out as well then I'm all for him joining them. I believe Yair and his team knew though that he needs holes corrected in his game after his last fight and hopefully they have taken the necessary steps to improve Yair.

He is blasphemous for having a name like "El Pantera" and not walking out to Pantera 5 Minutes Alone......literally the perfect walkout song for an MMA fight.
Or...basically any Pantera song from the 90s

Let's just ignore that stuff from the 80s

Fixing his ego. Probably really deciding if this is the career path he wants. He got a lot of hype really soon and that messes with people in different ways.

No doubt he's battling his demons right now... We'll see what he's made of when he returns.

Realized his tru level after facing Frankie, Frankie humbles people. When you think youre doing really good just fight Frankie, he will bring you down to earth.

Hopefully going back to the drawing board and plugging up some of the holes in his game.

Or...basically any Pantera song from the 90s

Let's just ignore that stuff from the 80s

This Love or Walk would be great too! I am truly amazed that no fighter has done 5 minutes alone though. If they did, they may instantly become my favorite fighter.

According to his Twitter today, he is in New York, USA at the New York Latino Film Festival. I hope this helps to answer your question!

Yair, Choi, Bektic all went into hiding. Ortega, Volkanovski, & Zabit are on the come up too tho. I like Rick Glenn to beat Jury and join the top 15 soon. FW is a beautiful place

licking wounds, lurking in the shadows, readty to attack

Yair, Choi, Bektic all went into hiding. Ortega, Volkanovski, & Zabit are on the come up too tho. I like Rick Glenn to beat Jury and join the top 15 soon. FW is a beautiful place

Choi got hurt and is expected to come back soon, same with Yair.

145 lbs is in a weird logjam when it comes to their prospects.

Back