Where to train MMA in New York City?

*facepalm* Finally went to check out both Five Points and the Wat this weekend, 5 O'clock, both were friggin closed.

Called the Wat and they said they open till 6PM, so guess they made it an early day.

Guess I'll just have to check this weekend if I get some free time, should have this latest project done so I can have time to go train before 7 at night.

hello new to this ,was thinking about joining ny sanda can anyone tell me if its worth joining them

you hear different things but i took one free class in kickboxing. no problems there but it was too expensive for me.

I train with Premiere MMA/BJJ. Its the only school i know of in the Upper East Side. Its on 86th street between 2nd and 3rd.

I double up classes to take mma (limited groundwork) and then full-gi jiu jitsu four or five nights a week.

The bjj instructor is Daniel Roupinal- http://www.danielroupinol.com.br http://www.danielroupinol.com.br[/url]

Its a brand new program so the classes are small. None of the students compete but our instructor regularly competes in Grapplers Quest, Mundials, etc.

I definitely recommend you give it a try.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu NYC link

I have been doing mma with them for a little over a year and a half.

I will be there tonight.

shaolin teaches on the midtown location?? nice didnt know he teaches in ny

I wouldve thought NYC would have good MMA considering its a huge city. There is alot of top quality MMA in LA.

if your in brooklyn ders Ardons, a muay thai school in sunset 32st and 4th ave? and the remix dojo in park slope has a fight team. reily bodycomb, sambosteve's prot

When it comes to MMA competitions, Combined Martial Arts and the Rhino Fight Team seem to be one of the best in the northeast. They are just in Queens, not far from the city so it suprises me that they don't get more recognition.

I wouldve thought NYC would have good MMA considering its a huge city. There is alot of top quality MMA in LA.

MMA not being legal in NY is the reason for that. If MMA can be legalized next year you might start to see more MMA gyms here.

Expensive for sure but well rounded core, kickboxing/muai tai, bjj- grappling. Its all in one. TSK fighters win all the tournaments they enter their records speak for the school.

Being from the area, (but in Jersey), I really only know of 3 places that can do MMA training in NYC. Renzo's place, Ronin (Which I think is MMA specifically), and the Wat, which is more of a MT gym but it is an AMAZING Muay Thai facility. Top notch stuff there. GSP even trains there with the head trainer, Phil Nurse.

Has anyone heard of K2 Boxing Club in Long Island City? I walked past it today on my way home. I called asking for info and was told the MMA class is taught by Charlie Joseph of RGA lineage. Any thoughts?

K2 Boxing Club

Being from the area, (but in Jersey), I really only know of 3 places that can do MMA training in NYC. Renzo's place, Ronin (Which I think is MMA specifically), and the Wat, which is more of a MT gym but it is an AMAZING Muay Thai facility. Top notch stuff there. GSP even trains there with the head trainer, Phil Nurse.

Ronin is a full MMA gym, but we also have classes just for gi bjj, no gi bjj, /clinchtakedowns, boxing, muay thai and conditioning.

GSP even trains there with the head trainer, Phil Nurse.

LOL because that guy is the one who was rubbing teh grease all over him

Back