Where to train MMA in New York City?

RONIN ATHLETICS recently got a half-cage (half-octagon) that's really incredible.

the gym is constantly growing (students, coaches, classes, special guests) and getting better and better at an amazing speed.

definitely check it out!

Five Points Academy right above the train station on Canal Street (3rd Floor).

Primarily a Muay Thai school, they now have a BJJ and Judo black belt teaching the grappling classes. Check out the instructors:

Five Points Academy: Muay Thai Instructors

Grappling instructor:

Teimoc Johnston-Ono

Less than $200/month and has a full weight gym, treadmills, etc.

Camp Undefeated anybody train there...how much are they charging...because they were charging $130 a month last fall...

also contract or no contract?

Camp Undefeated anybody train there...how much are they charging...because they were charging $130 a month last fall...

I have not heard much about them since they moved...

anybody trains at Ultimate Muay Thai...they just moved to a bigger location...

new everything...and they added more Luta Livre and MMA classes...

anyone knows anything about the new and improved gym....?

whats with the army of Camp Undefeated White belt spammers all over thr forums?

I've been training in Fighthouse for the past two months now. I do both Muay Thai and BJJ for $160/month, unlimited. It's probably one of the best deals in the city. The Muay Thai instructor, Brandon Levi, is good, clear and nice to be around. The BJJ class is nice and small, so instruction is good, plus you are sparring most of the time.

Plus, they do have an MMA program, just check out their website: Fighthouse

pm me, i have a group that trains in MMA at Ballys gym in Brooklyn, NY and if your good and plan to compete and fight within 1 year then PM me for info. We are looking for people who either have a black belt already in any form of martial arts or someone who has trained for many years already who is healthy and can fight.

We are not seeking any beginners, although beginners can join our 2-6 hours training sessions but will have to pay a fee to be taught.

Mon, Wed 86th st Ballys 9-11pm
Fridays 7-10pm *6th st Ballys
Sundays 1-6pm Sheepshead Ballys with full boxing ring.

PM me if your interested and give me some info of yourself.

pm me, i have a group that trains in MMA at Ballys gym in Brooklyn, NY and if your good and plan to compete and fight within 1 year then PM me for info. We are looking for people who either have a black belt already in any form of martial arts or someone who has trained for many years already who is healthy and can fight.

We are not seeking any beginners, although beginners can join our 2-6 hours training sessions but will have to pay a fee to be taught.

Before comeptition time schdules, And 2 months before competition we train 2 extra days of the week.
Mon, Wed 86th st Ballys 9-11pm
Fridays 7-10pm *6th st Ballys
Sundays 1-6pm Sheepshead Ballys with full boxing ring.

PM me if your interested and give me some info of yourself.

I've been training in Fighthouse for the past two months now. I do both Muay Thai and BJJ for $160/month, unlimited. It's probably one of the best deals in the city. The Muay Thai instructor, Brandon Levi, is good, clear and nice to be around. The BJJ class is nice and small, so instruction is good, plus you are sparring most of the time.

Plus, they do have an MMA program, just check out their website: Fighthouse

does fighthouse have heavy bags?

yes, they do, its huge, its has tons of stuff

Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I own a dedicated mma school in Staten Island. The name is Ultimate Self Defense, the website is ultimateselfdefenseny.com. I put a lot of sparring videos up at youtube, the address is YouTube - USDMMA's Channel.

Feel free to drop by and check us out. We don't do mat fees, we offer 2 free classes for new students. After that we expext you to sign on if you like us.

hey if you are looking for a gym in New York / Brooklyn.
Check out Renzo Gracie Fight Academy located at 100 Bayard St. (Greenpoint, Brooklyn)
This gym is 15,000 sqft large with cage arena, mat area, boxing ring, muay thai ring, and a full fitness center.

Give us a call at 718-704-0631
Renzo Gracie Fight Academy - Sports Venue - Brooklyn, NY | Facebook

2s0zo76.jpg

243qd0p.jpg

Holy shit. Did not know that Renzo is opening a spot in BK. I used to train at Renzo's on W30th way back when. That's crazy.

Back