Where would Ike Quartey be in todays WW division?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
with his bazooka jab.

vs the likes of

Thurman
Porter
Garcia
Spence
Crawford
Brook
Khan

etc

i think he'd beat all of them other than Spence (whom I'd say he's 50-50 with). Brook would have a chance too IMO

He’d decision Thirman decisively

He beats down Porter in a decision

He would fall for Garcia’s left hook but Quartey’s jab would negate it and win a decision

Spence vs Quartey is 50/50 to me, slightly favor Spence

Crawford vs Qaurtey is an interesting one, Benavidez’ jab worked for him on occasions, Quartey’s jab is supreme compared to Benavidez’

Dont care much for Brook, never though he was anything special

Quartey stops Khan, Khan at 147 was a shell of himself

Quartey vs Crawford would have been pretty good imo.
You know, I looked back on it and Quartey was smaller than I originally thought. I'll add in Crawford vs Quartey as well, though I still favor Quartey just on the strength of his jab's ability to find Crawford.

I mostly agree with the @Mr2urbo and @ironfist05.

I don't see how Thurman beats a big, durable WW with a dominant jab. Same goes for Garcia. The current version of Brook boxes him well early and then gets stopped in the middle rounds. Pre-Golovkin and Spence Brook might give him a decent fight. Crawford's feet could give Quartey problems, but Quartey's jab, size advantage, and power might overwhelm Crawford as the fight goes on. Crawford wouldn't keep him off, and I'm not sure if he's good enough defensively to beat a guy like Quartey.

Spence is the genuinely interesting fight. He'd be second best on the outside, but I think he could have some success getting inside on Quartey and getting to the body. He'd have to walk through some fire to do it, though.

You know, I looked back on it and Quartey was smaller than I originally thought. I'll add in Crawford vs Quartey as well, though I still favor Quartey just on the strength of his jab's ability to find Crawford.

He wasn't all that tall, but he was a big guy for the weight. When he fought Oscar and even when he fought Vargas at JMW, you could see he had a big frame.

He wasn't all that tall, but he was a big guy for the weight. When he fought Oscar and even when he fought Vargas at JMW, you could see he had a big frame.
I suppose that's true. Crawford is big, but in a ripped tall guy kinda way.

I've always said the Quartey, Vargas, Tito era of JMW is one of the most underrated eras in boxing history. Some really good fights with those guys as well as other opponents.

Crawford and Spence are competitive....I think he beats everyone else handily

I've always said the Quartey, Vargas, Tito era of JMW is one of the most underrated eras in boxing history. Some really good fights with those guys as well as other opponents.
Oscar and Winky deserve mention lol

those fighters got me into the sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back