Where would Kevin Randleman stack up on modern HW div?

I think a prime Randleman beats at least 8 of the current top 15 in the UFC heavyweight division, including #2 Lewis.

Ya'll must have forgot
5818.jpg
Funny thing is they both got yellow carded right before Rampage picked it up and took him out

Funny thing is they both got yellow carded right before Rampage picked it up and took him out
True - And MMA pre-algebra says - its true that a prime Randleman couldnt take down Rampage who is a LW, then it must also be true that he would have a terrible time dealing with HW's of today...simple mathematics

Anybody that thinks a guy like Lewis cracks top 3 in the UFC's HW rankings, but Randleman wouldn't/couldn't is a fucking moron.

Edit: Of course, USADA would've beaten his career into the living death anyhow, so it doesn't really matter.

To those saying Randleman wouldn't be ranked at HW:

Do you really think he'd fare worse than someone like Junior Albini, Lewis or Aburakhimov? He's not becoming champ, and I see no way he beats top legit HWs like JDS, Stipe and DC outside of a quick KO, but jeeeeeeez. Also, didn't Rampage say the hardest punches he felt were Randleman's?

If someone with Randleman's athleticism and wrestling came along right now, he would be considered the #1 heavyweight prospect. Greg Hardy is pretty much already considered that and he doesn't even have the wrestling.

The heavyweight division has honestly declined since the early days.

I can see prime randleman competing with the best guys...

imo Randle was quite different from DC, much more explosive, very different footwork, boxing stance, ground control..
Yeah I guess I can't really disagree. DC is a much better fighter overall. I was thinking more they were similar in terms of size and wrestling ability.

He was easily one of the best collegiate wrestlers ever.... I think he was just done with wrestling and wanted to be able to support his family financially.... fighting was easy money for kev and he’d fight anybody anytime... outside of the ring I swear to god on my sons life he was one of the nicest most gentle human beings you could be around... a really funny dude and had a heart the size of his thigh lol!!!!
Awesome man. RIP Monster.
When I first got into MMA around 04-05 I was already a fan of his from seeing sporadic MMA/NHB stuff before then. And from the documentary Rites of Passage. I found his managers email address, sent them an email asking about Kevin's next fight and I got a response from Kevin himself. How cool is that!

Also, I did some more research and he mentioned plating some football after he lost his senior season of wrestling. Then he got a call from Coleman offering 30gs to fight in that 1st tournament Kevin did. The rest is history.

Awesome man. RIP Monster.
When I first got into MMA around 04-05 I was already a fan of his from seeing sporadic MMA/NHB stuff before then. And from the documentary Rites of Passage. I found his managers email address, sent them an email asking about Kevin's next fight and I got a response from Kevin himself. How cool is that!

Also, I did some more research and he mentioned plating some football after he lost his senior season of wrestling. Then he got a call from Coleman offering 30gs to fight in that 1st tournament Kevin did. The rest is history.
He was as just a natural gifted freak, one of those people who was good at whatever he wanted to be, and with little to no effort....sounds like something Kevin would do, he truly loved people and making someone feel special, glad to know he touched your heart brother

Randleman would be a LHW or even a MW in this day and age. I remember watching a UFC event around 2010 and Rogan said that Randleman was going to drop to MW, but I believe this was before he got that gnarly staff infection.

The Hammer House was also a one dimensional camp. Maybe if he got with a modern day camp he could be a force, but like I said he would either be at LHW or MW.

Last edited:
I think a prime Randleman beats at least 8 of the current top 15 in the UFC heavyweight division, including #2 Lewis.

I think people need to let that's sink in a bit more when talking about evolution.................. "#2 Lewis".......

................"#2 Lewis"..............

............................yes... "#2 Lewis"

Randleman would be a LHW or even a MW in this day and age. I remember watching a UFC event around 2010 and Rogan said that Randleman was going to drop to MW, but I believe this was before he got that gnarly staff infection.

The Hammer House was also a one dimensional camp. Maybe if he got with a modern day camp he could be a force, but like I said he would either be at LHW or MW.
Rogan was talking about Randleman on a UFC broadcast in 2010?

If Randleman moved and looked the same while passing USADA he wpuld for sure be top 10. I see a lot of people saying top15 at Best and the like. Take a look at the top 15 UFC HWs.

Its unrealistic IMO since USADA is a pretty big thing

Imo he could beat cormier at LHW. (but in a 3 round fight)

I guess you forgot Rampage also completely demolished Chuck Liddell who went onto win the UFC LHW belt after that beatdown.
qssgsm.jpg
no i didnt forget but Chuck would have big problems with today's LHW division as well.

Rogan was talking about Randleman on a UFC broadcast in 2010?

It was somewhere around that time. Fight week fell on the same week as the Arnold S Sorts Festival in Vegas, he said the some of the women there looked like Kevin Randleman in a dress. Then he made the comment that he was talking about dropping to 185.

if he worked on his cardio and trained with a modern camp in all facets, I could see him top 15.

I liked him, but I always think wasted potential, regardless of what he accomplished. Dude had so much natural ability and just never really evolved.

in his prime hes top10 easy. i think his style matches up well with everyone in the division.
RIP.

Back