Where Would You Put NFL Expansion Teams?

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If you were tasked with choosing 8 new media markets in which to place NFL franchises, where would you put them?

I hear LA is clamoring for more football.

8? I don't think I could name that many places it could potentially succeed in?
London
Mexico City
Toronto
Louisville
Salt Lake City
Oklahoma City?

I guess that's it

Walla walla
Keokuk
Rancho Cucamonga
Seattle

8 teams? Lmao. The nfl should eliminate teams from shitty markets like Jacksonville and Cleaveland before even thinking about adding any teams.

8 teams? Lmao. The nfl should eliminate teams from shitty markets like Jacksonville and Cleaveland before even thinking about adding any teams.

Bruh I like you 99% of the time but Cleveland is football. You can take away the Cavs, they'll be pissed. You can take away the Indians, they'll be pissed. You take away the Browns? WW3 has just been initiated by Cleveland. They already lost their franchise to Baltimore and they got their team back ASAP.

Oakland
Orlando
Sacramento
St. Louis
San Diego
Portland
Toronto
Mexico City

Yeah, the country is pretty saturated with NFL teams. I was curious to see how people would respond.

Tuscaloosa alabama

They already have a team and a stadium

Portland seems like the only city that makes sense

Nah, Portland could use a small market baseball team. NFL team wouldn't really make sense IMO. It'd be like having a pro football team in Alabama.

Portland seems like the only city that makes sense
Portland can barely support the Trailblazers when they're good. Plus for Oregon football is the Ducks kinda like Alabama football is Crimson Tide.

London
Mexico City
Give Oakland a team again

Past that I can't think of anything. Maybe one in Canada like Toronto?

Nah, Portland could use a small market baseball team. NFL team wouldn't really make sense IMO. It'd be like having a pro football team in Alabama.
I meant the only city on that list that i quoted that made sense
Portland can barely support the Trailblazers when they're good. Plus for Oregon football is the Ducks kinda like Alabama football is Crimson Tide.

London
Mexico City
Give Oakland a team again

Past that I can't think of anything. Maybe one in Canada like Toronto?
London: the logistics of team travel would be a killer #1
Mexico city: wrong football
Oakland: historically unable to keep a franchise. How many times do the raiders have to leave before they realize that they're just an NFL side piece

London: the logistics of team travel would be a killer #1
Mexico city: wrong football
Oakland: historically unable to keep a franchise. How many times do the raiders have to leave before they realize that they're just an NFL side piece
The logistics of London suck but the NFL has been going there for how many years now? And Mexico City the times the NFL has gone there the stadium has been fucking packed from what I remember.

Me listing Oakland is because I feel for Raiders fans because I saw the Sonics stolen from Seattle and I still, to this day, refuse to pay much attention to the NBA because of it.

The logistics of London suck but the NFL has been going there for how many years now? And Mexico City the times the NFL has gone there the stadium has been fucking packed from what I remember.

Me listing Oakland is because I feel for Raiders fans because I saw the Sonics stolen from Seattle and I still, to this day, refuse to pay much attention to the NBA because of it.
London: theres a difference of 2 teams going once a year and 12 teams total throughout the season. If you really sit down and think about it a franchise there really isnt sustainable. Now add that the NFL is the same time of year as the premier league. Good luck selling tickets.
Mexico: i think packing that stadium once for a novelty is different than trying to establish an actual presence. I dunno though.
Oakland: you ever read the book hes just not that into you? Similiar situation.

Also. Miss you in the pwd

London: theres a difference of 2 teams going once a year and 12 teams total throughout the season. If you really sit down and think about it a franchise there really isnt sustainable. Now add that the NFL is the same time of year as the premier league. Good luck selling tickets.
Mexico: i think packing that stadium once for a novelty is different than trying to establish an actual presence. I dunno though.
Oakland: you ever read the book hes just not that into you? Similiar situation.

Also. Miss you in the pwd
I do a lot of my posting at work at that thread in the PWD can be SFW but awkward to view at work... with talk from Rex about bulges and picks of Kaitlyn in ring gear and the like.

I do a lot of my posting at work at that thread in the PWD can be SFW but awkward to view at work... with talk from Rex about bulges and picks of Kaitlyn in ring gear and the like.
<mma4>
Im always on my phone for the pwd.

Back