Where Would You Put NFL Expansion Teams?

the league could never support 8 new teams.
two or three at most.

Toronto
Oakland
San Antonio

I meant the only city on that list that i quoted that made sense

London: the logistics of team travel would be a killer #1
Mexico city: wrong football
Oakland: historically unable to keep a franchise. How many times do the raiders have to leave before they realize that they're just an NFL side piece

London wouldn't be as logistically difficult if you added 4 European teams. Mexico City has filled a football stadium for the Cowboys before, but the problem with putting a team in Mexico is that crime has gone through the roof in the past 15 years. It would be a risk for players and staff.

My picks:

Sacramento
St Louis
San Diego
Toronto
London
Barcelona
Frankfurt
Dusseldorf

Last edited:
London wouldn't be as logistically difficult if you added 4 European teams. Mexico City has filled a football stadium for the Cowboys before, but the problem with putting a team in Mexico is that crime has gone through the roof in the past 15 years. It would be a risk for players and staff.
But i do agree that a euro division would make things easier

My picks:

Sacramento
Orlando
San Diego
Toronto
London
Barcelona
Frankfurt
Dusseldorf
You missed my second post where i said the league wouldnt be able to compete head to head against the football (soccer) season taking place at the same time.

You missed my second post where i said the league wouldnt be able to compete head to head against the football (soccer) season taking place at the same time.

Yeah, good point. There are a lot of American transplants in Europe though who might travel to games, and if they tried to schedule the games at times that differed from local soccer games it might stay afloat, but the soccer season could certainly be a conflict.

Toronto and San Diego. You can move Jacksonville to Orlando

i really dont want it to expand outside the USA, except for Canada and possibly Mexico. But it is definitely headed to london at some point

san antonio probably should get one. toronto perhaps.

St. Louis - it's pretty well proven it's a better football market than LA in terms of interest and commitment
London - apparently it's inevitable, so what the hell
Mexico City
Toronto - hoping it would be outdoors
Uhh...Portland?

I'm out.

I wouldn't. Theres already too many shitty teams and markets.

I’d like to get a team in Birmingham, Alabama.

I feel like New York could use a football team. Also San Franciso should have a team.

Montana, Wyoming, that one of the Dakota twins everybody likes, Hawaii, Hartford, Connecticut, Berkeley, Portland, Maine. NFL will do phenominal numbers.

San Diego should have one.

GTA in Canada

Mexico City

And London England

I dont think the flight times and jet lag will be a huge issue because NFL teams only play once a week and the season is short.

Heck while we are at, just stick one in Shanghai. If you build it, the chinese will come.

It wont work with Hockey going overseas because NHL teams play almost once every other day.

Back