"Where's Mario when you need him?"

DetroitRob

Common Sense Philosopher
@purple
Reaction score

Thought this was a great interview, shout out to Mario Yamasaki in the first 40 seconds

MarioDana.jpg

Fighters need to be realistic with themselves. The boy was finished, and wasn't defending himself. Covering up while somebody is beating up on you is not "defending" yourself. A little 6 year old getting physically abused by a drunk parent knows how to cover up. I expect more from a professional fighter.

Fighters need to be realistic with themselves. The boy was finished, and wasn't defending himself. Covering up while somebody is beating up on you is not "defending" yourself. A little 6 year old getting physically abused by a drunk parent knows how to cover up. I expect more from a professional fighter.

Well, he did get punched in the face and danced on stanky legs so he may have thought he was defending himself. He admitted he got beat, what more do you want the guy to do

1) It was an obvious fucking joke.

2) A little 6 year old would've been punched dead by that right hand from Cowboy. I'd like to you see you make these split second decisions immediately after being concussed, moron.

2) A little 6 year old would've been punched dead by that right hand from Cowboy. I'd like to you see you make these split second decisions immediately after being concussed, moron.
Exactly why it was a good stoppage. I have seen fighters use great technique to recover after getting rocked. One recent example is Kurtis Blaydes versus Mark Hunt.

There is a right way to recover after getting rocked, and if a fighter can't show it, the referee should stop the fight. There are too many examples of great technical recoveries, for referees to be still second guessing themselves when trying to decide when to stop a fight.

Bro! This is Sherdog! We are entitled to shit on fighters from behind our computers as we stuff our faces with Cheetos.

Bro! This is Sherdog! We are entitled to shit on fighters from behind our computers as we stuff our faces with Cheetos.
Sometimes we criticize and sometimes we praise. Why get triggered and cringed by only one side of the coin? LOL

Sometimes we criticize and sometimes we praise. Why get triggered and cringed by only one side of the coin? LOL
Criticism, at least an useful one, is accompanied by helpful advice. Comparing a pro fighter to 6 yr old girl and saying you expect more from him is not criticism. It's easy to shit on someone when you yourself haven't walked a step in their shoes.

Mario is a sick, sick guy. He would have loved to get off on Yancy taking more shots. Yamasaki is never happy until the blood gods have been satisfied.

Back