Whether elite or not or whether you like her or not...

Nabs

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Leslie Smith has the opportunity to do good things for the fighters going fwd. Listening to her on the MMA hr. As independent contractors, I'm sure fighters leave a LOT on the table because they're just unaware of the specifics. I know she's salty right now but I hope that being let go motivates her to move fwd with project spearhead.

Good luck finding another company who's gonna pay for your surgery.

Please don't use elite and then start with a woman's name.

Please don't use elite and then start with a woman's name.
tenor.gif

Hahaha...chill out guys. I say let's look at the bigger picture here. This could be great for the fighters in the long run. Talking about how the UFC gets away w not paying for their luggage or giving them sufficient $ for their per diems. Let's leave Sherdog logic aside for a second. This, if handled well, could put the fighters in a much better position.

I'm guessing her part in PSH will be insignificant either way. She's not influential enough to matter. Every MMA org is fine without her.

I am so disappointed. I was expecting a Ronda post sprinkled with a bit of Edmund.

I'm guessing her part in PSH will be insignificant either way. She's not influential enough to matter. Every MMA org is fine without her.
True that but that's the work she'll have to do. Entice many bigger names to jump on the bandwagon. Not every successful endeavor is always started by influential people. I'll even go as far as assume that it's usually "insignificant" people who have the idea and once they have backing (more influential people), the project moves fwd. Take Leslie out of the equation for a sec. The project is needed BAD! They need an union.

Good luck finding another company who's gonna pay for your surgery.
Wouldn't the UFC still be responsible if the athlete got hurt training for a bout for them? I assume that there would have to be a signed agreement already for the UFC to be liable for that.

UFC fighters are treated like Uber drivers.

Even though it seems they are actually employees. Workers at the top will never help workers at the bottom.

Mcgregor, GSP, Cormier, Miocic, etc could have done so much to help others. But that is not the capitalistic mindset.

People wouldnt go with GSP/Cain/Dillashaw on board but they will with Leslie Smith ? LMAO

<FookIsThatGuy>

TS - Are those Leslie Smith's legs up in the air in your AV?

Hahaha...chill out guys. I say let's look at the bigger picture here. This could be great for the fighters in the long run. Talking about how the UFC gets away w not paying for their luggage or giving them sufficient $ for their per diems. Let's leave Sherdog logic aside for a second. This, if handled well, could put the fighters in a much better position.
The problem is that Leslie Smith is at the top of the spear. She is too naive, idealistic, and inexperienced to be the direct leader.

Ariel is telling her things that she should absolutely know already. It's like no one reads their UFC contracts. They just show up and do what they are told. They need better representation.

The problem is that Leslie Smith is at the top of the spear. She is too naive, idealistic, and inexperienced to be the direct leader.

Ariel is telling her things that she should absolutely know already. It's like no one reads their UFC contracts. They just show up and do what they are told. They need better representation.
I completely agree. You can clearly see that there is no real planning behind the project. That's why she's having a hard time getting fighters interested. She needs to get her shit together, have a clear plan and make sure that when she reaches out to fighters, they know EXACTLY what they are getting into. I agree that she is not the charismatic leader needed for such an endeavor but nobody else is doing it now so she's the best they have right now. She just needs to step WAY up. This project is WAY too important for her to be stuttering and seem so unaware about things. Smdh! Such a shame. I can only hope she gets her shit together.

UFC fighters are treated like Uber drivers.

Even though it seems they are actually employees. Workers at the top will never help workers at the bottom.

Mcgregor, GSP, Cormier, Miocic, etc could have done so much to help others. But that is not the capitalistic mindset.
Capitalist mindset: "Fuck those other guys, I got mine."

Back