Which actor/actress portrayed/charactarized an android/AI/cyborg the best or the litmus test

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Which actor actress portrayed/characterized an android or an artificial intelligence or even human combined with machine (like a cyborg) the best? I pretty much consider those three to be in same category. Who was the first to do such a portrayal/characterization which is now considered to be the litmus test for such

With the recent performances in Westworld, I am reminded of the classics like Brent Spiner's Data, or does sci fi flicks with the thinking computers that have voices and communicate. I want to compare them and see how they hold up.

Is Brent Spiner considered the litmus for all androids, AIs, and cyborgs? What about KIT from Knight rider?

I also like Caity Lotz performance in The Machine

I think she be getting more challenging roles after this movie, than Legends of Tomorrow, which I like too.

Lance Henriksen gave a much, much underrated performance in Aliens.

I love his rejection of the gun that is handed to him at 0:45. Brilliant nonverbal thing to throw into the script and well played.

Rachael-blade-runner-30869994-500-206.gif

Hayden Christensen in Star Wars. He went way past android into portraying a wooden man.

Is Brent Spiner considered the litmus for all androids, AIs, and cyborgs?

When I read the thread title, he was the first thought that came to mind.

He certainly is the gold standard of AI/Android characters.

data-star-trek-TNG-fist-punch-yes-13535351344.gif

And on a related note - This Data cosplay is amazing, and the song is really good as well.

Last edited:
Vikander Ex Machina
Fassbender in Prometheus/Covenant
Black haired replicant in Blade Runner 2049
Kevin Spaceys voice as GERTY in Moon....very similar to HAL in 2001 though

underrated but Haley Joel Osment as David in AI was a pretty fantastic job given he was just a kid

how can we forget the GOATbot of all time

592cd732da4201af64b46693e7e8d53560d93c2265dd1181aa4c13a9c6759d8c.jpg

Sylvester Stallone in pretty much every movie he appeared in.

michael fassbender in prometheus and covenant.

When I read the thread title, he was the first thought that came to mind.

He certainly is the gold standard of AI/Android characters.

data-star-trek-TNG-fist-punch-yes-13535351344.gif

And on a related note - This Data cosplay is amazing, and the song is really good as well.

That episode where Data had a daughter Lal, I thought the actress did a great job. Especially when she was malfunctioning and he had to shut her down at the end.

Back