Which actor/actress portrayed/charactarized an android/AI/cyborg the best or the litmus test

Rachael-blade-runner-30869994-500-206.gif

Alicia Vikander In Ex Machina was brilliant.

screen_shot_20151231_at_4.06.20_pm.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.06.20_pm.png
Both surpassed by
580deb5d6d8e03d2008b50ce-750-562.jpg

Which actor actress portrayed/characterized an android or an artificial intelligence or even human combined with machine (like a cyborg) the best? I pretty much consider those three to be in same category. Who was the first to do such a portrayal/characterization which is now considered to be the litmus test for such

With the recent performances in Westworld, I am reminded of the classics like Brent Spiner's Data, or does sci fi flicks with the thinking computers that have voices and communicate. I want to compare them and see how they hold up.

Is Brent Spiner considered the litmus for all androids, AIs, and cyborgs? What about KIT from Knight rider?

You should make a pole.

The two best portrayals in my book are actually from the same show: Summer Glau and Garret Dillahunt in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles were both fucking outstanding. I'm talking in-a-league-of-their-own good. Even between the two of them, though, Summer Glau set herself apart. And not just because she's hot. Her acting in that show was so unbelievably nuanced in every single scene episode after episode.

This is one of my favorite scenes of hers. That moment when she goes into her files, mimics the emotional response of a girl who was melting down, and then switches it off after is just chilling.

Spiner said he based his portrayal of Data on Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet. I would have to say that Spiner certainly improved on Arnold's performance in Terminator and likely is the template for other portrayals. Summer Glau took it to another level in the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Another show that I liked that Fox dropped.

Spiner said he based his portrayal of Data on Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet. I would have to say that Spiner certainly improved on Arnold's performance in Terminator and likely is the template for other portrayals. Summer Glau took it to another level in the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Another show that I liked that Fox dropped.

Arnold's performance in The Terminator is quite underappreciated as well. He wasn't trying to do the same things Brent Spiner was as Data.

That episode where Data had a daughter Lal, I thought the actress did a great job. Especially when she was malfunctioning and he had to shut her down at the end.

Really? I thought she was awful. Whatever boats your float mang. That's not my bag of tea.

The two best portrayals in my book are actually from the same show: Summer Glau and Garret Dillahunt in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles were both fucking outstanding. I'm talking in-a-league-of-their-own good. Even between the two of them, though, Summer Glau set herself apart. And not just because she's hot. Her acting in that show was so unbelievably nuanced in every single scene episode after episode.

This is one of my favorite scenes of hers. That moment when she goes into her files, mimics the emotional response of a girl who was melting down, and then switches it off after is just chilling.

Good call. The scene where John had Cameron trapped and was going to pull her chip and she pretended to be a real girl blew me away too.

I forget about Peter Weller

Sid 6.7 ftw

Alicia Vikander In Ex Machina was brilliant.

screen_shot_20151231_at_4.06.20_pm.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.06.20_pm.png

When I read the thread title, he was the first thought that came to mind.

He certainly is the gold standard of AI/Android characters.

data-star-trek-TNG-fist-punch-yes-13535351344.gif

And on a related note - This Data cosplay is amazing, and the song is really good as well.

Vikander Ex Machina
Fassbender in Prometheus/Covenant
Black haired replicant in Blade Runner 2049
Kevin Spaceys voice as GERTY in Moon....very similar to HAL in 2001 though

underrated but Haley Joel Osment as David in AI was a pretty fantastic job given he was just a kid

how can we forget the GOATbot of all time

592cd732da4201af64b46693e7e8d53560d93c2265dd1181aa4c13a9c6759d8c.jpg

Tiffany Brissette ;)

That episode where Data had a daughter Lal, I thought the actress did a great job. Especially when she was malfunctioning and he had to shut her down at the end.

Both surpassed by
580deb5d6d8e03d2008b50ce-750-562.jpg

Not many things as perfect as Frank Welker's voice as Megatron.

maxresdefault.jpg

[INTERNALIZING]

Oh yeah, this fuckin guy

vlcsnap-2016-10-05-18h17m15s18.jpg

tumblr_n6icg6b46d1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Back