Which are the best and worst rash guards?

theSkeptiks, I know everyone loves them! I bought one because of all the good reviews. I don't know, maybe I got a bad one. The Korean guys at my gym were teasing me because it started to fall apart so fast and that it said, "Made in China" on the inside tag ("Made in China" always makes Koreans laugh).

The best: Nike short sleeve before they started the Nike-Dry rashguards. Fits well, last forever, and looks great after a year of solid use.

I second the Nike rashguards. One year of hard use and still rocking, cheaper than most also.

I've got the Sprawl Loosefit rashguard, and it totally rocks, it has so much stitching it will never rip, and has alot of elastic down the bottom so it holds tight and doesnt roll up you when you are on the mats.

Short Sleeve (which I have) - http://www.sprawl.tv/p_gtop.html

Long Sleeve - http://www.sprawl.tv/p_glong.html

~Foz

I also have this rashguard and it's great. Been wearing it alot since Christmas because it hides those extra 6 pounds. :)

Which do you think are the best makes of rash guards and why? Also which makes or models of rashguard need to be avoided and why?

I'm Dutch and therfore very cheap so I bought a few Under Armor like shirts at Target. They are great, no tearing or ripping and the stitching has held. I went and picked up another 5-6 over Christmas.

Since I'm only 5 minutes from the Under Armor Factory in Baltimore I plan on checking that out too. I hear they do sales where all the stuff that has defects (wrong color, emblem on the wrong side) is greatly discounted.

Hey, thanks man!! Someone just told me we were mentioned here. I haven't posted here much, but maybe I should.

At the risk of sounding like a shill, we like to think that we have the best rash guards in the business :). Updating the URL.

Rupture Clothing - Rash Guards - Men

Cheers,

Nick

Your rash guards are phenomenal. I've had at least 10 different rashguards over the years, everything from Walmart to high-end surfer gear. The one I've got from Rupture is the best.

Especially because they fit extremely long, and won't ride up on you, out from under your waistband while rolling. Actually, here's a pic of my goofy ass in one:

4670_91582735558_79297055558_1906800_6872725_n.jpg

Wouldn't know about them, but this one's custom made by Americans, in America; not an overseas sweatshop for pennies.

I use Bad Boy and Manto, both are excellent and the Bad Boy RG is slightly better.

I currently use an Atama Short sleeve Rash and i think it's an above average RG id give it a 7/10.

It is DAMN THICK.
It rides up when rolling.

all i hate about it.

I currently use an Atama Short sleeve Rash and i think it's an above average RG id give it a 7/10.

It is DAMN THICK.
It rides up when rolling.

all i hate about it.

Atama does tend to make a thicker rashguard. They are pretty good though, but as you said they are thick and roll up. Also somewhat expensive I like them under my gi, where rolling up really isnt a problem.

the Rupture Rashguards are very thin and light, they wick sweat away real well. They're also pretty long at the bottom so rolling up really wont be a problem. really good value IMO. I have no hesitation recommending it.

Mine doesnt look like phrost's though...they seem to have changed the prints since I got mine.

3215_536501180266_9503701_32682901_4468787_n.jpg

Your rash guards are phenomenal. I've had at least 10 different rashguards over the years, everything from Walmart to high-end surfer gear. The one I've got from Rupture is the best.

Especially because they fit extremely long, and won't ride up on you, out from under your waistband while rolling. Actually, here's a pic of my goofy ass in one:

4670_91582735558_79297055558_1906800_6872725_n.jpg

thats a sick RG. the only thing i would change is instead of blue id get red or white

The nike ones are great. much better then ua, and great at absorbing sweat.

+1.

They are excellent. Nice tight fit but not uncomfortable. They also don't bunch up during rolling and are great at absorbing sweat, as mentioned above.

Also, I picked mine up for like $12 in TJ Maxx while I was over in America. Can't go wrong at that price.

This thread's been sending us a lot of hits - which is great :). Thanks to everyone for the props on the rash guards, as well as the support. We believe our products are in a class of their own, and everyone who's worn one would probably agree.

The Signature rash guards are literally our 1st-6th best selling products. While they never go on sale, you do get a discount code for registering for our newsletter. Just sayin'. :).

The 2.0 version of the Signature shorts and rash guards, as well as the Rupture Performance series shorts will be out in about 6 weeks. A handful of fighters, wrestlers, Judokas and BJJ black belts are "beta-testing" them now for any last minute revisions. I don't post much, but I'll post here when they go on sale.

Cheers,

Nick

I've been wearing this Rupture rashguard for most of last year and really like it:

MMA Fight Shorts, Rash Guards, Apparel | Rupture Clothing - Rupture Signature Rash Guards - Black/Blue - Long-sleeve - Proudly Made In The USA

The extra length on them makes a big difference. Any other brand turns into a belly shirt the second I move and they ride up. The stitching and material is also durable and comfortable. I've had issues with cheap Walmart rashguards coming apart at the seams or getting weird along wear they're sewn but I haven't had those issues with anything from Rupture. Definitely worth checking out.

I use these Nike Dri-Fits for the last 3 years or so. I actually use to use them for football, but they've held up really well. The only downside is that they now smell a bit - haha

you guys made me order a rupture rashguard a few moments ago.
i

Back