Which boxers you would favor over peak GGG more often than not?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
In series of 10 fights, who do you favor in MW over peak GGG more than in 5 fights of 10?
Peak MW Leonard? Hagler? Monzon? Canelo? Maybe peak MW Hearns, Roy Jones, Toney, Hopkins McCallum, Oscar? Others?

In a series of 10 fights, Canelo would beat him at least 12 times according to Adalaide Byrd.

In a series of 10 fights, Canelo would beat him at least 12 times according to Adalaide Byrd.

It's a miracle she gets home after fights

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Pretty soon you will see peak Canelo stop him, or win a very decisive decision.

I think alot of those names should be favored over GGG, tbh. Hearns, Toney, Hopkins, Leonard, Hagler, McCallum, ROY (the most obvious choice)...

Most ATG beat him by JD. Peak GGG's chin prevents him from getting KOed, though. And his jab and ring cutting makes him no walk in the park for anyone.

Would have liked to see GGG at 30-33 vs some elite talents.

I think the Fabulous 4 all beat him.
Canelo beats him again.
Toney.

Honestly I'm just repeating names now. He's very good but I don't think he has the tools for these guys

I think the Fabulous 4 all beat him.
Canelo beats him again.
Toney.

Honestly I'm just repeating names now. He's very good but I don't think he has the tools for these guys

Hi Oscar

I don’t think GGG is an all time great. Lots of guys would beat him... Concerning the fab 4, I’d take Hagler for sure. Leonard and Duran were not prime at 160 and I’d think it would be 50/50. Hearns doesn’t have the chin or durability to beat GGG imo and I’d favor GGG.
Hagler, Toney, McCallum, Jones Jr., Robinson, Nunn, Monzon... all beat him.

I think Gerald McClellan would have beaten him at 160 too.

2017 had proven Golovkin isn't as good as we thought he was.
He turns out to be Jacobs/Canelo tier rather than Toney/Hagler tier.
Jacobs and Canelo are elite in this era, but they're not historically elite.
On the lower tier of top Middleweights, SRL beats him. Eubank beats him.

I would pick GGG to beat Benn and Jackson and past prime Hearns but I'm not so sure actually. Bear in mind Hearns was simply not the man he was at 147-154.

Last edited:
I like GGG but as has been said, he's not truly great and most of the great MW's of the past beat him.

Back