Which boxers you would favor over peak Vitaly Klitchko more often than not?

Prime Bone Crusher Smith.

I think prime Lewis is the only one who could win more than 5/10. Vitali was a very tall and highly skilled jab master with an iron chin. Even though guys like Ali were much better than him, he is just a terrible match for most fighters.

Why you favor Vlad over Vitaly?
Wlad had far more tools than Vitali. His chin is also not as bad as people make it out to be. Despite his very high KO ratio, Vitali was an “arm” puncher and did not have one shot KO power. At his best I believe Wlad would win a comfortable decision by outboxing Vitali, and I don’t believe Vitali could put together enough hard punches to stop Wlad. We saw a past his prime, but in shape and motivated Wlad take Anthony Joshua’s punches without going out.

Wlad had far more tools than Vitali. His chin is also not as bad as people make it out to be. Despite his very high KO ratio, Vitali was an “arm” puncher and did not have one shot KO power. At his best I believe Wlad would win a comfortable decision by outboxing Vitali, and I don’t believe Vitali could put together enough hard punches to stop Wlad. We saw a past his prime, but in shape and motivated Wlad take Anthony Joshua’s punches without going out.
People tend to overlook the fact that when wlad went down he wasn’t fighting people who couldn’t punch and always got back up. If you fight at heavyweight it’s going to fucking hurt if someone smacks you round the head.

What did you watch? Wlad went down anytime AJ connected, he definitely doesn't have a good chin,
and that's why he's the most cautious world champion in boxing history the way he boxes.

I think Vitali wins. He could simply nullify Wlads jab by slapping it down with his own lead hand.
If Wlad can't hit it you with his jab first, he won't hit you with anything. He never threw lead right hands or combinations.
Tony Thompson almost pushed him to the edge of a defeat in 2008.

Against Wlad, it's all strategy if you have the physical tools, which Vitali does.
Wlad would have no answer...he's not highly averse to risk, not creative. He enjoyed a size advatange over opponents for the majority of his career.

Lewis, Ali, Foreman, probably Fury and Valuev

What did you watch? Wlad went down anytime AJ connected, he definitely doesn't have a good chin,
and that's why he's the most cautious world champion in boxing history the way he boxes.

I think Vitali wins. He could simply nullify Wlads jab by slapping it down with his own lead hand.
If Wlad can't hit it you with his jab first, he won't hit you with anything. He never threw lead right hands or combinations.
Tony Thompson almost pushed him to the edge of a defeat in 2008.

Against Wlad, it's all strategy if you have the physical tools, which Vitali does.
Wlad would have no answer...he's not highly averse to risk, not creative. He enjoyed a size advatange over opponents for the majority of his career.
I watched a 40 year old fight Joshua. Yes I’ve seen Wlad get flattened by Botha, yes I’ve never seen wlad fail to stand at 10, and I bet you didn’t realise that. If the referee doesn’t allow you to hold out your lead hand which is a fucking foul, wlad has the firepower to flatten anyone in his prime, and vitali has a granite chin.

I’m not sure why you keep trying to demean me on here. I clearly know more about the sport than you do, your posts read like you just googled some shit and fashioned it into an argument. The reason some of the older regulars get shown respect over here is because they tell you things you have to be a google agent(matrix style) to even know it, let alone remember it.

I have no issue with discussing things with you but when I say about prime wlad and your post is about WK vs TF it shows you’re just trying to be a smartarse.

If you don’t notice most people actually ask the forum before going on a hike around boxrec. @MC Paul Barman managed to post a list of South African prospects at nobs that nobody had heard of, you’re dealing with that level of hardcore fan. @cocksure is going to tell me it’s year of the dog again but please stop embarrassing yourself.

Huh? Year of the Eagle duder...

1C9ezviq_400x400.jpg

Huh? Year of the Eagle duder...

1C9ezviq_400x400.jpg
I’m out of the loop, I was born in the year of the tiger of that gets me into Katy Perry’s pants, but being a scruffy pseudo intellectual smackhead gets you to marry her so I don’t know these days.

Yes I’ve seen Wlad get flattened by Botha

That never even happened.
You post wrong information all the time.

I’m not sure why you keep trying to demean me on here. I clearly know more about the sport than you do, your posts read like you just googled some shit and fashioned it into an argument.

You seem to have a really low self esteem or maybe your sense of worth is misplaced, who knows.
I merely posted an argument about Wlad-Vitali and you respond like a butthurt and sexually frustrated fella.

Also it's questionable that you know more about boxing than anyone, lol.

Last edited:
That never even happened.
You post wrong information all the time.

You seem to have a really low self esteem or maybe your sense of worth is misplaced, who knows.
I merely posted an argument about Wlad-Vitali and you respond like a butthurt and sexually frustrated fella.

Also it's questionable that you know more about boxing than anyone, lol.
So I’m bored and didn’t say Corrie sanders, mea culpa. If the worst thing your picking me up on is a turn of the millennium South African semi pro golfer do you realise you are being a dick or do I have to keep posting the gay alpaca until you do.

Back