Which celebrity death made you saddest?

Bu2S563CMAEigq7.png

Robin Williams I think.

I was waiting for a night bus and just killing time on my phone and ended up down a rabbit hole, probably in reddit, of robin Williams quotes and gifs and what not.

Good Will Hunting and Hook are two of my all time favourites, but also Jumanji, Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, Bicentennial Man, Jack etc.

Felt like losing someone I’d legit grown up with.

I'm surprised no one has said Judith Barsi. I know she's not the most famous but that shit was tragic.

Barsi was best known as the voice for ducky for the original The Land Before Time movie. Her father lost his job and as her career was taking off became a resentful alcoholic who'd beat her, his wife and made death threats against them.

It was reported to the police but nothing happened and it all came to an end when he shot her, shot her mother, burned down the family home (which she paid for) and killed himself in the garage.

She was 10 years old.

800px-Judith_Barsi_Headstone_Grave.jpg
This. Yep, yep, yep.

I was born in 1980 so I wasn't alive when Kennedy was killed in 63, but I have been doing a shit ton of reading about JFK and I feel that had he lived the Civil Rights movement would have been expedited and the War in Vietnam would have been prevented so I'm going to go with him.....

"Victory has 100 fathers but defeat is an orphan"

Epic JFK quote...

Gone before he could have TRULY changed the world

witattitude-presidentkennedy-500.jpg

Nope.

JFK was pumping the breaks on civil rights just like Eisenhower and JFK was the guy who got us in Vietnam and started escalating everything knowing full well it was losing proposition.

You JFK quote isn't even his. He just helped popularize it. It had already been around for over a thousand of years.

Hitchens - I liked listening to him even though his anti-muslim rants were getting old.

Watching Patrick Swayze in The Beast was kind of weird knowing he was dying while shooting it.

My list would be:

Tommy Douglas
Paul Wellstone
Spalding Gray - I never got a chance to see him live
George Carlin - saw him like 2 or 3 months before he died. He as great but he looked old as fuck for how old he was. Coke does that to you.

It could be a celebrity from your childhood or a very recent death of one....It could be a musician,actor,athlete or whoever....Personally I remember feeling saddest when Aaliyah died when I was around 14...Now I wasn't a huge superfan or anything near that but I just remember growing up listening to her hits which were really catchy and quite good and just as she was becoming a huge superstar that terrible plane crash happened...and seeing the final moments in her life on a special of Vh1 made me sadder as well because she seemed like a very nice and loveable person...and it sucked to see someone as beautiful as she was inside and out to go at such a young age...so much promise gone in an instant...

Dio, Dimebag, Lemmy, Robin Williams, Chris Cornell & Chester Bennington... I have super shitty memory so I'm prolly missing like 10 more, George Carlin too...

Back