Which current UFC fighter is most similiar to Igor Vovchanchyn as fighting style and body type?

Any idea?
Sergei Pavlovich.

Both look like vanilla gorillas and throw heavy leather, except Sergei is quite a bit bigger, but also a lot slower.

Imagine if Sergei had this type of hand speed. It would have been Aspinall that got sent to the shadow realm instead

IgorVovchanchyn2.gif

Petr Yan is built like him, but I don't know how similar their styles are.

short stocky guy with absolute dynamite in his hands?

Azamat Murzakanov.

Not sure, Igor had such fast hands for HW, his hand speed was amazing. Even though he fought at LHW too, most of his fights were HW and his hands were lightning quick.

I just don't see any heavier fighters in UFC like that. I remember the very first time I saw him fight was against Gary Goodridge and he looked like a short fat chubby guy, I thought Goodridge would whoop him LOL.. little did I know. I couldn't believe how fast his hands were, Goodridge had no clue what was going on

probably Pavlovich or Azamat as people have said
oddly enough Dricus kind of strikes like Igor sometimes, throwing looping shots behind other looping shots

i got into MMA shortly after Igor retired but man he's one of the forgotten greats. an all time great, id say. Ice Cold didnt fuckin play!

A bit of a ridiculous comparison, but Volk at 145 has a similar build compared to others at 145 and great hand speed. Both mainly strikers.

post a pic of the fighter and describe his fighting style so we can easily make a more informed conclusion.

are you asking this white belt to describe Igor Vovchanchyn to you?

There is only one.

Igor was a prototype of a model never intended for mass distribution.

Not many at all. Maybe Gastelum? Can t think of anyone

John Lineker

He is no Igor but I could see a "pocket Igor" sort of comparison.
So much of Lineker's style is just winging hooks to the body. Not quite on Melikuziev level though. Truly one of the most unique styles in boxing.

Back