Which do you Value More: Physical Strength or Intelligence

You are looking at extremes to make broad points about groups. Averages are much more useful than Stephen Hawking vs Odell Beckham comparisons.

On average jobs that require logical thinking are more highly rewarded than jobs that require brute strength. This has been happening since the industrial revolution and the gap is only becoming larger with the growth of IT
Well the whole question is the degree of both. You're counting jobs as if being strong renders a person useless intellectually and I'm counting social adjustment. Really smart won't get you laid without physical attraction unless you pay for it, and a genius with no social adjustment is pretty damn treacherous.

You can use your intelligence to enhance your physical strength but you cant use your physical strength to increase your intelligence.
Intelligence wins.

Well the whole question is the degree of both. You're counting jobs as if being strong renders a person useless intellectually and I'm counting social adjustment. Really smart won't get you laid without physical attraction unless you pay for it, and a genius with no social adjustment is pretty damn treacherous.

You're changing your point, but whatever. Your original argument was that its better to be strong because you can still enjoy the fruits of others people's intellect.

Happy to just disagree

Definitely strength...

Mental strength that is. Just as if not more valuable than actual intelligence and def more valuable than physical strength in today's world.

Mental strength = The ability to manage your emotions, endure hardship, adversity, and to live an overall positive life.

Def a trait that more ppl (particularly the younger generations) can use some more of.

Good thing I'm an asian who lifts so I have both. Although both are negated by being a manlet.

In seriousness, I don't see what the point of strength is beyond being healthy, and I'm a guy who really enjoys lifting. I want to be to increase my deadlift and squat but those abilities will likely never come in handy outside of the gym. Even my martial arts training will likely be useless unless I come across a self-defense situation, which is also rare.

Intelligence is obviously more important but it also depends on how you use it. I know people who are brilliant but lack the social skill and confidence to ask for more or to get what they really want.

I'd take intelligence for sure, but both are ideal and some people here are really undervaluing strength.

I know you will probably never need to use it in a "fight for your life" kind of way, but it is a fantastic fucking feeling to be strong. It definitely changes where you land on the social hierarchy as well. Not to mention, the health benefits and confidence boost. Like who doesn't want to be a relatively strong version of yourself? I don't know.

That said, intelligence is more useful. Although, that is if we are taking about a pragmatic form of intelligence. For example, the mastery of something that leads to considerable financial and/ career gain. If you're the fucker at game stop with a super high IQ who knows a lot about nothing, you can keep that shit.

Good thing I'm an asian who lifts so I have both. Although both are negated by being a manlet.

In seriousness, I don't see what the point of strength is beyond being healthy, and I'm a guy who really enjoys lifting. I want to be to increase my deadlift and squat but those abilities will likely never come in handy outside of the gym. Even my martial arts training will likely be useless unless I come across a self-defense situation, which is also rare.

Intelligence is obviously more important but it also depends on how you use it. I know people who are brilliant but lack the social skill and confidence to ask for more or to get what they really want.
Yeah, it seems like most of the benefits of strength are kind of intangible in a way. Like you said, health is a big one. I think people generally treat you different when you're a strong/fit dude. That could be in part related to elevated confidence though.

I really don't understand why both extremes tend to hate each other. Sometimes the strong guy is a meathead and undervalues intellect or pokes fun of those type of people. Sometimes the smarter, intellectual types label strong guys as meatheads or anyone who works out for that matter and just ignore that whole facet of life, but on the inside, I feel like there is always a level of jealousy. What's wrong with being a smart guy who is well read, always learning, and happens to be jacked? Who knows.

Back