Which gaming console should I get?

I had no idea that gsmes took so long to install. 2 hours plus for battlefront 2!

Yea not sure if X1 ever for this feature but on the PS4 it will partially install the game and you can play it for a bit without having to wait for it to completely install.

Ps4. More games, and more variety. Its almost a no-brainer.

Ps4 no question better exclusives by far and all the same multi plats.

Yea not sure if X1 ever for this feature but on the PS4 it will partially install the game and you can play it for a bit without having to wait for it to completely install.
I could play an arcade mission while i was waiting but got real boring several hours later

So I got an Xbox1 for a few reasons; my son likes sports games, cuphead and will be easier to sell to my wife , who hates games, as an entertainment unit. I understand that Ps4 has more exclusive games but at the moment there isnt anything that ps4 has that i am desperate to play.
Ah, the "No, sweetie, you don't understand, it's not a toy, it's a tool" argument.

Classic.

So I got an Xbox1 for a few reasons; my son likes sports games, cuphead and will be easier to sell to my wife , who hates games, as an entertainment unit. I understand that Ps4 has more exclusive games but at the moment there isnt anything that ps4 has that i am desperate to play.

Welcome to Xbox land let me be your guide.

Any Gamers on SD want to give advice on which console I should get. I'm on holidays now and feel like playing some games. Also I want to use for Netflix and youtube and music. I have kids too so should have a good selection for young kids as well as adults.

Whats your pick?

Thanks

Friend I will suggest you buy PS4. Because its really awesome game console and also have a great gamepad, great Graphics.
landscape-1455888469-ps4-console-wds4.jpg

Here we go with the same old tired rhetoric.. is this coming from a PC elitist ?? Probably cause Xbox has some great exclusives but if you dont have a good PC to play them on you will need an Xbox.

look at the available games and decide what you want to play

pc + ps4 is the best combo imo

Here we go with the same old tired rhetoric.. is this coming from a PC elitist ?? Probably cause Xbox has some great exclusives but if you dont have a good PC to play them on you will need an Xbox.
Sweet mother of God, it's a more subjective topic by nature, but the weight of subjective opinion isn't in question. The PS4 exclusive library shits all over the Xbox exclusive library. PUBG is the first really big win in the XB1 column.

What's so great in the XB1 "Console Exclusive" library?
https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one
  • Dead Rising 3 (Microsoft)
  • Disneyland Adventures (Microsoft)
  • Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
  • Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)
  • Forza Motorsport 7 (Microsoft)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Microsoft)
  • Gears of War 4 (Microsoft)
  • Halo Wars 2 (Microsoft)
  • Hello Neighbor (tinyBuild Games)
  • Project Spark (Microsoft)
  • Quantum Break (Microsoft)
  • ReCore (Microsoft)
  • Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure (Microsoft)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
  • State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition (Microsoft)
  • Super Lucky’s Tale (Microsoft)
  • Titanfall (EA)
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection (Microsoft)
PUBG, Cuphead, Ori & The Blind Forest, and Path of Exile are the console exclusive of note I see in the Download column. Games like Roblox don't even require a PC. You can play them on a phone.

If an individual is attracted to any of those, specifically, as the TS was in this thread, then it makes perfect sense for that individual to buy for that reason, but if we're going to paint with a wide brush according to overall libraries, without a specific individual as context, then the PS4 > XB1 right now on pure gaming. The dissolution of the PC exclusive wall (at least as it applies to all Microsoft publisher exclusives) is going to take some time to soak in.

Sweet mother of God, it's a more subjective topic by nature, but the weight of subjective opinion isn't in question. The PS4 exclusive library shits all over the Xbox exclusive library. PUBG is the first really big win in the XB1 column.

What's so great in the XB1 "Console Exclusive" library?
https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

PUBG, Cuphead, Ori & The Blind Forest, and Path of Exile are the console exclusive of note I see in the Download column. Games like Roblox don't even require a PC. You can play them on a phone.

If an individual is attracted to any of those, specifically, as the TS was in this thread, then it makes perfect sense for that individual to buy for that reason, but if we're going to paint with a wide brush according to overall libraries, without a specific individual as context, then the PS4 > XB1 right now on pure gaming. The dissolution of the PC exclusive wall (at least as it applies to all Microsoft publisher exclusives) is going to take some time to soak in.

God damn you are annoying. Dude where did I say the Xbox ones library was better? I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. I just get the chortles when PS4 Sony ponies bring up this argument like XBOX One doesn't have any exclusives.

I guess you forgot Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, Rare Replay, Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider, State of Decay, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, and many more.

God damn you are annoying. Dude where did I say the Xbox ones library was better? I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth. I just get the chortles when PS4 Sony ponies bring up this argument like XBOX One doesn't have any exclusives.

I guess you forgot Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, Rare Replay, Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider, State of Decay, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, and many more.

Rise of the tomb raider isn’t an exclusive anymore. The only draw in this list is KI for me personally but it’s not a console buying exclusive.

The exclusives for Xbox are pitiful. But it’s not the end of the world if you buy one.

Not saying those are bad games but there isn't anything that really stands out, and when you compare it to the ever growing ps4 exclusive library it's not good.

Bloodborne
Nioh
Horizon ZD
TLOU
Persona 5
Uncharted 4
Infamous
MLB is also exclusive to Ps4 (not my thing but one of my friends plays it alot and said it was one of the reasons he bought ps4 lol)

Not to mention
Days Gone
God of War
TLOU 2 hopefully coming sometime in 2018

All solid games and well above any Xbox exclusives this gen imo. Also a bunch of solid B exclusives and just good games sprinkled in between.

Xbone is getting PUBG though which could be a major hit for the system, although I dont necessarily think it will be a game changer, could help Xbone pick up on the sluggish sales as of recently.

Cuphead was the only noteworthy exclusive I can think of Xbone getting this year tbh, unless PUBG is out now.

Yeah, I sometimes annoy people with facts, and a generally impartial, grounded perspective on different systems. This tends to irritate fanboys the most acutely.

For example, you just accused me of a strawman, and demanded I "don't put words in your mouth". You should read my post again. I did not. I never attributed any claim to you. I merely objected to the notion that the XB1 console exclusive library (what you used to defend against the multiplat portion of his comment) is some fertile reservoir balancing the scales, and also that, generally speaking, it's not a controversial statement at this point in the gamer world that the PS4 has the superior exclusive library by a considerable margin.

No, I did not forget Gears of War 4 and the rest. GOW is literally in the quote box, and the rest I mentioned were culled from the "Download" column at the Gematsu page, not "Retail". Halo 5 is a "Full Exclusive", not a "Console Exclusive". Do try a little harder to keep up (with your own line of thought, ffs):
Meanwhile, despite bitching about strawmen, in your very next sentence...

Intredasting. To whom are you referring? Because this is what the guy who you quoted said:
You wanna stop getting owned in debates about this?

Stop being a fanboy hypocrite.

Yeah, I sometimes annoy people with facts, and a generally impartial, grounded perspective on different systems. This tends to irritate fanboys the most acutely.

For example, you just accused me of a strawman, and demanded I "don't put words in your mouth". You should read my post again. I did not. I never attributed any claim to you. I merely objected to the notion that the XB1 console exclusive library (what you used to defend against the multiplat portion of his comment) is some fertile reservoir balancing the scales, and also that, generally speaking, it's not a controversial statement at this point in the gamer world that the PS4 has the superior exclusive library by a considerable margin.

No, I did not forget Gears of War 4 and the rest. GOW is literally in the quote box, and the rest I mentioned were culled from the "Download" column at the Gematsu page, not "Retail". Halo 5 is a "Full Exclusive", not a "Console Exclusive". Do try a little harder to keep up (with your own line of thought, ffs):

Meanwhile, despite bitching about strawmen, in your very next sentence...

Intredasting. To whom are you referring? Because this is what the guy who you quoted said:

You wanna stop getting owned in debates about this?

Stop being a fanboy hypocrite.

Blah blah blah... Grow up man.

Back