Which HW's does Oleksandr Usyk beat?

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who do you think Usyk could beat at HW.
Joshua? Wilder? Fury?
Ortiz or Whyte? Miller or Takam?
How would he do against Povetkin or even David Price?
What about Andy Ruiz Jr or Dominic Breazeale?
Could he beat Chisora or Joseph Parker?
How bout Gerald Washington?

all but Joshua IMO. That depends though, if Fury comes back in peak shape I'd favor him, and Wilder is 50-50 IMO.

I think fury would be a tough stylistic match up if he can get back to where he was. I think wilder and Joshua catch him at some point. I think Joshua would possibly be the tougher of the 2 for him but I wouldn’t back him against either. Other than that I think he can potentially beat the other established heavies

Call me crazy but Joshua isn't even closely the toughest fight for Usyk. Since Wladimir clipped his chin and he unified the two titles he became a safety first boxer and against Takam and Parker his stance is like a kickboxer's stance. He really hasn't improved technically much in the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong he is legit #1 and right now beats every HW. I just think he is made for Usyk to look great against him. I don't know why but Whyte, Povetkin and Fury are Usyk's most difficult fights in which I would still favor him though.

I don't know about all that.
well, I know nothing, so ya got me there.

Seriously though, I think Usyk could make a lot of those HWs look bad. AJ should be favored, but after that? Fury has too many question marks surrounding his return and Wilder, while very good, has a style that could end up looking really bad vs a guy like Usyk. Ortiz is probably also a tough fight.

Didn't Usyk fight joe Joyce? Didn't Usyk have major problems with him?

Honestly hed beat tony at heavy weighy but it's the only person that springs to mind.

Last edited:
I think you all need to wait and see how he does first at HW, you are making a lot of assumptions about how he will handle a much much bigger fighter, it very often does not work out well for smaller fighters moving up

His output and style will dramatically change once a HW clips him on the chin

No one really knows. It's easy to get caught up in the absolute demolition we winessed. He has Lenox Lewis potential in terms of pure boxing skill but heavy weight is heavy weight.

Didn't Usyk fight joe Joyce? Didn't Usyk have major problems with him?

Honestly hed beat tony at he's at eight bit it's the only person that springs to mind.

No he didn't struggle with Joyce he handled him pretty easily. He was running around a lot to stay away from Joyce but he won pretty clearly.

I think you all need to wait and see how he does first at HW, you are making a lot of assumptions about how he will handle a much much bigger fighter, it very often does not work out well for smaller fighters moving up

His output and style will dramatically change once a HW clips him on the chin

This is 100% correct. First time he gets hit hard he’ll be in survival mode.

No he didn't struggle with Joyce he handled him pretty easily. He was running around a lot to stay away from Joyce but he won pretty clearly.
Yea. This was in the ammys right? Im not sure he can do that for 12 rounds. I'd like to be surprised but thats what I would be, surprised if he can avoid anything heavy for 12 rounds.

Yea. This was in the ammys right? Im not sure he can do that for 12 rounds. I'd like to be surprised but thats what I would be, surprised if he can avoid anything heavy for 12 rounds.
It was in the WBSS so sort of Ammy... Yeah he would have to do that for 12 rounds but that's what he did with Gassiev. Maybe it would take more effort avoiding the big boys, I don't know.

Wilder and Joshua would hurt him, fury at his best would probably win most decisively because of the style matchup. Ortiz, whyte and povetkin all are tough too, they might beat him

He could get ktfo by a few of todays hw but realistically he has a good shot at outworking every single hw on planet earth.

I really need to see how the weight gain effects him.

Usyk isn't a puncher so gaining weight for a boxer does you no favors, it slows you down, and effects your stamina and mobility thus effecting your speed and output ........ these are all Usyks strengths.

So he'll be losing his top tier qualities and going in against bigger, harder opposition, doesn't sound like a recipe for success against the top flight HW's to me.

Also those saying he beats Wilder need a reality check, Wilder will catch him with that reach and when he does Usyk goes to sleep, it also won't be easy for Usyk to hit and move a guy with that length and reach.

............. again, I urge people to check out the Usyk vs Joe Joyce fight to get a dose of real expectancy for Usyk vs a HW.

Usyk is an amazing boxer ......... but he's not a HW.

............. again, I urge people to check out the Usyk vs Joe Joyce fight to get a dose of real expectancy for Usyk vs a HW.

Usyk is an amazing boxer ......... but he's not a HW.

I don't get this. If you watch the Joe Joyce fight, Usyk wins 5-0. He gives Joe a boxing lesson. Now Joe is crude but he is a big unit at 6'6". What is to stop Usyk doing this to the majority of HW's? Joe Joyce has probably the highest work rate of ANY HW boxer in the world but even he couldn't land with any regularity on Usyk. I think only the top HW's have a chance of landing anything meaningful on Usyk. Usyk showed in that fight that he doesn't have the power to trouble a big HW but he can certainly outbox them and make them look silly.

Usyk needs a plan. Not to be thrown in at the deep end.

Give him charr first. Even that is decent.

Everyone not named Joshua/Wilder/Fury (if hes to form).

Even then, Id give him a decent shot to win.

I don't get this. If you watch the Joe Joyce fight, Usyk wins 5-0. He gives Joe a boxing lesson. Now Joe is crude but he is a big unit at 6'6". What is to stop Usyk doing this to the majority of HW's? Joe Joyce has probably the highest work rate of ANY HW boxer in the world but even he couldn't land with any regularity on Usyk. I think only the top HW's have a chance of landing anything meaningful on Usyk. Usyk showed in that fight that he doesn't have the power to trouble a big HW but he can certainly outbox them and make them look silly.

Excatly. Plus the Joyce fight was like 6 years ago. Usyk used this time to bake his game and isn't an amateur anymore. We are not going to bring the Mejidov and Savon fights in the conversation for Joshua when we talk about him, right. And fuck the "he is just a cruiserweight" narrative. Cruiserweights are simply heavyweights in good shape.

Back