Which is more effective style muay thai or boxing

I personally am a fan of Muay Thai because it was my first art.. however boxing definitely is useful as well, I think both are great fighting styles for MMA and Self defense. Boxing will teach you footwork and head movement, Muay Thai will teach you kicks and range.

IMHO:

(No-gi) BJJ & Muay Thai > Wrestling & Boxing

But, an MMA fighters nowadays needs to train all four.
<36>

i think not even the biggest MT nuthugger agrees with you.

How many people with elite boxing do we see per year? 0-2? Im being generous right now.

Imo: Its Wrestling or Boxing, but imo boxing has the most useful carry over to MMA.

But I dont really care as long as it works ... i mean ... many MMA fighters even lack the basics so who cares.

<36>

coulda woulda shoulda my bro

<36>

i think not even the biggest MT nuthugger agrees with you.

How many people with elite boxing do we see per year? 0-2? Im being generous right now.

Imo: Its Wrestling or Boxing, but imo boxing has the most useful carry over to MMA.

But I dont really care as long as it works ... i mean ... many MMA fighters even lack the basics so who cares.

<36>

coulda woulda shoulda my bro

Dude if you train all 4 then your a beast most mma fighters I know train all 4 mostly 3 because wrestling classes are mostly for high schoolers and down. But they'll bring in olympic wrestlers, high level kickboxers and muay thai fighters, and high level boxers. And high level bjj practitioners. You don't know what your talking about lol. Sometimes I wonder why you come in the stand up forum instead of the ufc sub forum.

Dude if you train all 4 then your a beast most mma fighters I know train all 4 mostly 3 because wrestling classes are mostly for high schoolers and down. But they'll bring in olympic wrestlers, high level kickboxers and muay thai fighters, and high level boxers. And high level bjj practitioners. You don't know what your talking about lol. Sometimes I wonder why you come in the stand up forum instead of the ufc sub forum.
{<huh}

I only said which one has (imo) the most useful carry over to MMA.

of course you have other things to train.

are you guys retarded?

Back