Which is the better movie, The Matrix, or Star Wars: A New Hope?

Which is the better movie, The Matrix, or Star Wars: A New Hope?

• Total voters
Also The Matrix is the kinda movie that appeals to Asians who wear leather coats, bad sunglasses and listen to 23rd century Austrian synth electronica.

Lol... That's funny, but besides the occasional hot chick dressed up as princess Laya those those Star Wars conventions aren't to far off from those neck beard Bronies.

Loves me some Matrix, but my answer is SW.

I'm 37 and grew up with Star Wars and I still think the Matrix is better Than a New Hope. I honestly just kind of outgrew Star Wars.

Same age here. I've watched both recently (as in the last couple of years) with my kids and was surprised how disinterested I was in the Matrix considering I thought it was the best thing ever when I first saw it. Didn't find it held up to a rewatch like I expected.

Growing up in the 80's, Star Wars was massive (as you'd know). It's going to sway most older people's opinions just because it all started with ANH.

Same age here. I've watched both recently (as in the last couple of years) with my kids and was surprised how disinterested I was in the Matrix considering I thought it was the best thing ever when I first saw it. Didn't find it held up to a rewatch like I expected.

Growing up in the 80's, Star Wars was massive (as you'd know). It's going to sway most older people's opinions just because it all started with ANH.

Yeah, Nostalgia can be very persuasive. I've stated that the NES is the top video game console of all time, but it really isn't when you look at how far that technology has come. I just have fond memories of playing it as a kid.

A grown up Ted 'Theodore' Logan goes on another Excellent Adventure.

Or is it a Bogus Journey?

Taking the sequels into account, definitely a bogus journey.

More of a star trek guy so definitely going matrix

Taking the sequels into account, definitely a bogus journey.

sad-keanu.jpg

The Matrix is THE most overrated movie ever. Nothing even comes close.

i enjoyed both films but i feel like the matrix was more thought provoking with the underlying themes (i.e. mind vs. body, religious references (chosen one), perception of reality, etc)

Seems to be shaping up to be a fairly even battle.

I picked the matrix but it was a close decision as both have different attributes that make them great. Really can't go wrong with either one.

Lol... That's funny, but besides the occasional hot chick dressed up as princess Laya those those Star Wars conventions aren't to far off from those neck beard Bronies.

I love Star Wars but yeah those conventions bring out 'interesting' people to say the least.

Matrix is better almost every way but star wars as a whole is better.

Matrix sequels ruined its legacy. They were ok with reloaded until the dumb twist but three was just atrocious

I like both films but the matrix is my all-time favorite sci-fi movie, closely followed by Aliens and T2.

I don't really think there's another movie like the matrix, while there are countless films similar to star wars.

The Matrix was a game-changing classic. So was Star Wars.

But the Star Wars sequels improved on the first one, and the Matrix sequels were hot garbage.

Not even close. Star Wars is the better movie.

Matrix is brilliant, love it. It's an amazing groundbreaking movie, yet it's like comparing Pluto to Jupiter.

Star Wars is on the highest plane of cinematic existence. It has spawned the most significant and successful modern pop fiction mythology ever.

I’d say the Matrix.

The Matrix has better almost everything than Episode IV. The only advantage A New Hope has is that it’s more “fun” and adventurous.

If you want an honest answer from people that’s not clouded by a lifetime of nostalgia ask them what’s better between the Matrix and the Force Awakens since it’s the same fucking movie as a new hope. I’d expect a blowout for the Matrix.

Back