Which obsolete music medium do you still use?

I use a tape deck adapter from the early 2000's I still use. I have an Edison wax cylinder phonograph I pull out every 6 months and mess around with.

CDs

I never download albums as i like to have a physical copy for my collection.

We all know digital music, whether streaming or downloaded, is currently the norm. Among its predecessors, which of these do you still use?

- Gramophone (and Vinyl Record)
- Cassette Deck (and Cassette Tape)
- 8-Track Player (and tape)
- Walkman
- CD Player (and CD)
- Discman
- iPod (and MP3s)

(anything else that I missed out on the list?)

I am confused. Are iPod and MP3's not considered digital music? I still have music in my iTunes, but I use CD's much more often. I still buy most of my music on CD's.

I haven't used 8-tracks since the early 80's, cassette decks or walkman's since the mid 90's, Vinyl since the late 90's.

I have a CD player in my car. I'd love to an Mini-Disc player.

I still listen to, and buy lots of, records. Been meaning to start a vinyl thread in this sub-forum.

It's far from obsolete, it's actually doing very well at the moment (albeit within the small subsection of the music market that is taken up by physical media). But other than convenience, it's still better than streaming (which I use a lot of as well) with much better sound quality. And as already mentioned above there are other benefits, namely the artwork etc.

I def still use winamp on pc. What do the kids use nowadays?

Ipod touch with all my music on it.

itunes on computer.

CD player in car that I use if I've bought a cd and need to listen to it right then and there.

th

I dont really use any of it.

Ill youtube a song if i want to hear it

I am confused. Are iPod and MP3's not considered digital music? I still have music in my iTunes, but I use CD's much more often. I still buy most of my music on CD's.

I haven't used 8-tracks since the early 80's, cassette decks or walkman's since the mid 90's, Vinyl since the late 90's.

sorry i was talkin about which format is being played on the player. for ipod, it plays mp3s.

mp3s aren't as obsolete, but ipod is almost gone nowadays.

Most of my music is still on CDs, vinyl records, and cassettes.
Everything goes through vacuum tube amplifiers as well because I like tubes and I can.

A Microsoft Zune HD 32gb.

I use it nearly everyday. I use the Zune software daily...

CD's
DVD's
and I have a VCR hooked up to my TV right now. (I have a LOT of Japanese pro-wrestling tapes).

I still whip the llamas ass with winamp and the occasional CD mix.

I still play terrestrial radio in my car. I hear everyone uses satellite. NOt me though.

Nothing is obsolete if it's of use to you. Still buy cd's for lossless audio. Use an mp3 player (that I don't have any mp3's on just lossless audio). I want quality audio not some ultra compressed Apple bs that's 200 kbps.
Vinyl is a bit impractical for me due to storage space, so I don't have any.

ipods are gone ?:confused:...that was wasted money<45>... I bought one more than ten years ago, and its still in the box, unused..

still listen to CD's in the car.

I still buy CDs with Amazon AutoRip

The best quality is still making your own rips of CD's as anything available online will be in some kind of lossy format to save space

That being said I'm usually satisfied with high bitrate mp3's

I still buy cd's and albums.

I'll download individual songs that I like but when it comes to my favorite bands I like having the actual cds. The only reason I go into Wally World is for the 5 dollar cd bins. I've probably bought the Who Made Who album a dozen times on different formats over the years. One among many.

I download all my music on limewire.

jk I don't. I do have a 6 CD changer in my car that I used a lot until I got my smartphone 2 months ago.

Back