Which rivalry was better: Pacquiao/Marquez or Barrera/Morales

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Which rivalry was better and did you enjoy more? Pacquiao/Marquez (4 fights) or Barrera/Morales (trilogy)

welterweight-boxing-manny-pacquiao-in-action-vs-juan-manuel-marquez-picture-id158335003

468ec78aeb7ff50049357d2c398a7399_crop_exact.jpg

Pac Marquez had the best ending

Pac / JMM will have a greater legacy because the guys were bigger names and the ending was dramatic. Boxingwise, the Barrera / Morales thrillers were better, IMO.

I like Morales/MAB more because they seemed to legit dislike each other and that added an extra element to the mix.

Oh fuck!

Lager or Stout?
Lager or Stout?
Lager or Stout?

They are both so good. I think the first Morales And Barerra fight is the best of the seven. Also they had more legit heat in their rivalry, so I think they just edge it.

I loved Barerra and always preferred Marquez (as I love his technical style and believe he should of beat Manny first time out)

TS don't ask such difficult questions again lol

Hard to say, but I know which one had the better cake.

2hcouqe.jpg

Pac / JMM will have a greater legacy because the guys were bigger names and the ending was dramatic. Boxingwise, the Barrera / Morales thrillers were better, IMO.
Theyre great fights but the last two of barrera vs morales were not that great. Good but not that great imo.

I would say that that pac vs juan is way superior with the 1st.2nd and 4th being instant classics.

I would also say imo that vasquez vs marquez whole trilogy was far more entertaining than barrera vs morales trilogy. I know were really cutting hairs here but thats just my thoughts

Last edited:
Theyre great fights but the last two of barrera vs morales were not that great. Good but not that great imo.

I would say that that pac vs juan is way superior with the 1st.2nd and 4th being instant classics.

I would also say imo that vasquez vs marquez whole trilogy was far more entertaining than barrera vs morales trilogy. I know were really cutting hairs here but thats just my thoughts

I agree with you regarding the Vazquez - Marquez trilogy (there is really no need to take the fourth bout into account). As for comparing Morales-Barrera and Pac-Marquez, well... To each his own, I guess. I assume the Morales-Barrera matchup looked better to me, and I remember the guys landing more, but there's nothing wrong with picking the Pac-Marquez fights over them.

I like Marquez and Pacquiao. Marquez I think really despised that man, and wanted that last win perhaps more than anything else in his career. lol

I like Marquez and Pacquiao. Marquez I think really despised that man, and wanted that last win perhaps more than anything else in his career. lol
Not as much as how Morales despised Barrera, and vice versa. Marquez respects Pac alot tho, just desperately want to beat him with all those controversial decisions they had.

Not as much as how Morales despised Barrera, and vice versa. Marquez respects Pac alot tho, just desperately want to beat him with all those controversial decisions they had.

I always thought he didn't really care for him, and that is why they never had a rematch. Marquez pulled a hit and run. lol. Ehhh, maybe they're on good terms.

Back