Which Style of Exercise is Best for Humans?

I don't know. I found out my work on the DL and squats transfered pretty well on carrying and trowing 2 tons of junk spread out in 30 kg bags over my balcony the other day.

I always heard that it is sprinting for as long as you can. I hear is most explosive thing you can do without putting too much stress on yourself, and not doing too much unnatural movement.

do you realize what an oxymoron that is?

You train sprinting by trying to go quicker in the alloted distance (which should be short).

do you realize what an oxymoron that is?

You train sprinting by trying to go quicker in the alloted distance (which should be short).

I don't understand. Then should I have said racing then? Basically you are trying run somewhere anywhere faster than the other guys and then repeat it.

I don't understand. Then should I have said racing then? Basically you are trying run somewhere anywhere faster than the other guys and then repeat it.
true sprinting is maximal effort, and by definition can not be done "for as long as you can" because by the time you fatigue you are no longer sprinting. Watch videos of sprinting vs running (say, 800 meters) and see how different the mechanics are. This is why HIIT doesnt work for so many people. Because they are not working near maximal intensity or their maximum intensity is too low to reach that threshold. These people are better off improving their conditioning before trying this,

Walking is probably the best, followed by resistance training. These mimic the natural demands on a human body (hunting/foraging then carrying the kill/berries back to camp).

A lot of walking, a bit of sprinting, then carrying (aka resistance training).
Yes. These mimic the demand on my body as I frequently kill and bring berries back to camp.

Not trying to sound crossfit here. But i think the best is to keep doing alot of different things. Running, bodyweight, lifting weights, swimning, climbing.

Also some basic movement that require a technical side. Like martial arts, acrobatics, or something like that.

You dont need to follow a stupid trendy cult thing like crossfit or ido portal.

Just do your own shit. Be your own boss. But keep changing what you do from time to time..

Not trying to sound crossfit here. But i think the best is to keep doing alot of different things. Running, bodyweight, lifting weights, swimning, climbing.

Also some basic movement that require a technical side. Like martial arts, acrobatics, or something like that.

You dont need to follow a stupid trendy cult thing like crossfit or ido portal.

Just do your own shit. Be your own boss. But keep changing what you do from time to time..

this

also,

remember

to

take steroids

In terms of long term health it's definitely not powerlifting or strongman. Those can lead to injury pretty easily due to their low rep and extreme weights. You may be able to avoid injury but the odds are certainly higher for injuries down the road especially as you get older.

A martial art is pretty "natural". How long has fighting existed?

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

Taking human physiology into account, which style of exercise makes the most sense for human beings to be doing?

Calisthenics, bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman training...etc...

I'm no expert but I would have to assume that calisthenics is the most natural thing for us to do...

Calisthenics - great for endurance training

Powerlifting/strength training - great for getting strong

Bodybuilding - great for looking like you're strong as a powerlifter actually is

My personal opinion is that a blend of the three is best for your average person. You should be doing be barbell training in a strength/powerlifting style as a base with some calisthenics and bodybuilding added in as necessary for your goals. But everyone should be doing a basic strength training program to increase limit strength. You don't need to go crazy with it, but you should be at a certain level that's reasonable.

Like I think every average man should be able to do the following....

* Do 30 pushups without rest
* Do 30 body squats without rest
* Do 10 pullups
* Run 1 mile in under 8 minutes
* Do a plank for 2 minutes.
* Bench press your bodyweight
* Deadlift your bodyweight
* Squat your bodyweight

That's what I would consider a good baseline of health for everyone. From there, whatever goals you have are your own but if you can't do one of those then I think you're fundamentally weak somewhere.

In terms of long term health it's definitely not powerlifting or strongman. Those can lead to injury pretty easily due to their low rep and extreme weights. You may be able to avoid injury but the odds are certainly higher for injuries down the road especially as you get older.

The injury rates in powerlifting and strongman do not resemble each other. The part where you move heavy unstable shit, often for max reps, contributes a lot. Powerlifting has relatively low injury rates if you're not elite, and bodybuilding is yet lower.

running on soft sand or grass
calistenics
light weight lifting
ellipitical is a great invention so is the stair climber .. treadmill? not so much
bicycle isnt that great either because it only works the lower body and you need a good bicycle that is kept in stable condition plus you are riding something that is like a theifs fantasty if its expensive

arm bicycle is great .!!! and its fun to use
. i dont know why gyms are against the arm bicycle i guess because its expensive to mantain and keep in working condition .. but really i have no clue why none of the gyms in my town dont have the arm bicycle there anymore

Taking human physiology into account, which style of exercise makes the most sense for human beings to be doing?

I'm no expert but I would have to assume that calisthenics is the most natural thing for us to do...
A question well asked is a question half answered :)

The best is CrossFit + Strong man and you get farmer strength

Back