Whiskey/scotch drinkers?

@Gregolian My bro said for Irish whisky you should have Midleton Green Spot and for Bourbon Basil Haydens is good stuff. Its a pretty traditional Irish pub so they dont deal with a lot of the other stuff. He said the scotch selection is decent.
Thanks man

basil hayden is amazing. the dark rye is my current favorite.
Basil Hayden was the first bourbon I could drink neat. Angel's Envy followed shortly after.

I know it's a stupid reason to like the company but something about the bottle with that paper like apron thing on it makes Basil Hayden always stand out for me.

they have 2 others that i know of as well.
this which i have tried

basilhaydens__35847__84949.1358534067.380.500.jpg

and this one which i have yet to try
image_996.jpg

Those are nice looking bottles I do whisky photography for fun and those would be good to use.

Those are nice looking bottles I do whisky photography for fun and those would be good to use.
In terms of iconic bottles:

- Crown, I personally cannot stand that whisky but that bottle you could show it to a 12 year old and they know what bottle it is
- Jack
- Basil
- Bulliet
- Glenlivet/Glenfiddich you could confuse from a distance though
- Jameson cause it looks like an Irish dude killed a French guy and stole his wine bottles to fill with whisky

EDIT:
That's just for whisky type companies. There's plenty others for other booze like Bombay and Tanqueray and Hendricks for gin as examples.

In terms of iconic bottles:

- Crown, I personally cannot stand that whisky but that bottle you could show it to a 12 year old and they know what bottle it is
- Jack
- Basil
- Bulliet
- Glenlivet/Glenfiddich you could confuse from a distance though
- Jameson cause it looks like an Irish dude killed a French guy and stole his wine bottles to fill with whisky

EDIT:
That's just for whisky type companies. There's plenty others for other booze like Bombay and Tanqueray and Hendricks for gin as examples.

I have been taking pics of Glenfiddich XX its a nice looking bottle. Anything from compass box looks amazing they really have some crazy good designs. Scotch bottles have a lot of variation and selection so its easy to find different ones for different landscapes and scenes.

My cabinet/shelf is basically this right now:
Johnnie Black
Glenlivet 12
Four Roses Single Barrel
Bulliet Bourbon half G (like... 75% of the bottle is left)
Jack Rye
Bookers
Buffalo Trace

Um.... I feel like I need to get some non whisky now or I am just starting to look like an alcoholic with ADD.

My cabinet/shelf is basically this right now:
Johnnie Black
Glenlivet 12
Four Roses Single Barrel
Bulliet Bourbon half G (like... 75% of the bottle is left)
Jack Rye
Bookers
Buffalo Trace

Um.... I feel like I need to get some non whisky now or I am just starting to look like an alcoholic with ADD.

Needs more scotch

Needs more scotch
My scotch is still at my folk's place.

The Glenlivet 15 French Cask, Hibiki (the white label 1), and another type of Glenfiddich is at their house.

I really REALLY want to buy Johnnie Walker Blue but for $250 I just can't warrant it when that's like half my monthly truck payment right now.

My scotch is still at my folk's place.

The Glenlivet 15 French Cask, Hibiki (the white label 1), and another type of Glenfiddich is at their house.

I really REALLY want to buy Johnnie Walker Blue but for $250 I just can't warrant it when that's like half my monthly truck payment right now.

For me buying anything over 100$ is a big risk because it mite not be better than shit I got that costs 60 bucks. The Bruichladdich Black Art 4.3 was worth the 200 plus price tag but most expensive bottles are not worth it to me.

Now I want to stop at Bevmo on my drive home and grab a bottle of Scotch they have from like Macallan or another brand I don't currently own.

Any suggestions for good stuff under like $60 pre-tax?

Kinda looking at the Highland Park Magnus but am open to suggestions. I know Glenfiddich has a 14 year around $55 and the Johnnie Walker Double Black is about that same price too. The Glenfiddich I am talking about is the one aged in bourbon barrels and I like bourbon so I'm very tempted.

For me buying anything over 100$ is a big risk because it mite not be better than shit I got that costs 60 bucks. The Bruichladdich Black Art 4.3 was worth the 200 plus price tag but most expensive bottles are not worth it to me.
Completely honest the Johnnie Walker Blue is also partially cause the base of that bottle looks like you could beat someone to death with it.

I wager I will buy a bottle of it when I pay off my truck completely to share with my dad for celebration things.

you a rum drinker @Gregolian ?
The only rum I have ever really liked is Blue Chair Bay which is almost exclusively flavored rums that Kenny Chesney owns. Shit does not taste like booze though.

I've never found a silver or spiced rum that I like but the last time I drank rum a lot I was like 20-22 so everyone was buying that Parrot Bay trash or Tatu by Captain Morgan so I'm open to suggestions.

I've finally found a pair of Tequila brands I like so diversifying is in order.

Now I want to stop at Bevmo on my drive home and grab a bottle of Scotch they have from like Macallan or another brand I don't currently own.

Any suggestions for good stuff under like $60 pre-tax?

Kinda looking at the Highland Park Magnus but am open to suggestions. I know Glenfiddich has a 14 year around $55 and the Johnnie Walker Double Black is about that same price too. The Glenfiddich I am talking about is the one aged in bourbon barrels and I like bourbon so I'm very tempted.

Completely honest the Johnnie Walker Blue is also partially cause the base of that bottle looks like you could beat someone to death with it.

I wager I will buy a bottle of it when I pay off my truck completely to share with my dad for celebration things.

Was not a big fan of Highland Park Magnus the 12 is way better. Have not had the Glen 14 but its probably decent. Try something different like Bunnahabhain 12 its good and cheap.

Was not a big fan of Highland Park Magnus the 12 is way better. Have not had the Glen 14 but its probably decent. Try something different like Bunnahabhain 12 its good and cheap.
I know what's going to happen when I stop. I'll stand there for 20 minutes browsing and then just grab the first thing I see closest to my price point.

I know what's going to happen when I stop. I'll stand there for 20 minutes browsing and then just grab the first thing I see closest to my price point.

I could spend hours in my favorite whisky shop, they do have a lot of open bottles so they will give you samples if you want its awesome.

I enjoy a nice cognac from time to time.

Been working on this one for a while now and really like it.

chateau-de-montifaud-x-o-fine-petite-champagne-cognac-france-10713779.jpg

Literally just finished a glass. You fucking stalker!

We bought several bottles for my wedding and this is the last one.

Some crazy odds.

I could spend hours in my favorite whisky shop, they do have a lot of open bottles so they will give you samples if you want its awesome.
Wish I had one of those here... I love living in a smaller town cause I can drive like 20 minutes out of town and go shooting at a gravel pit and no one cares BUT... things I wish I had that big cities have is like whisky shops where you can sample/smell them and cigar shops with a lounge.

Grumble

Literally just finished a glass. You fucking stalker!

We bought several bottles for my wedding and this is the last one.

Some crazy odds.
Cognac for some reason hurts my teeth.

Wish I had one of those here... I love living in a smaller town cause I can drive like 20 minutes out of town and go shooting at a gravel pit and no one cares BUT... things I wish I had that big cities have is like whisky shops where you can sample/smell them and cigar shops with a lounge.

Grumble

Cognac for some reason hurts my teeth.

Yeah I know you can never have it all.

The only rum I have ever really liked is Blue Chair Bay which is almost exclusively flavored rums that Kenny Chesney owns. Shit does not taste like booze though.

I've never found a silver or spiced rum that I like but the last time I drank rum a lot I was like 20-22 so everyone was buying that Parrot Bay trash or Tatu by Captain Morgan so I'm open to suggestions.

I've finally found a pair of Tequila brands I like so diversifying is in order.
rum_ron_de_venezuelan_dobozban_n.jpg

ron-zacapa-centenario.jpg

el-dorado-15-year-old-special-reserve-guyanan-rum-43-70cl.jpg

Flor%20De%20Cana%20Centenario%2018%20YR%20Rum%20750ml.jpg

These are excellent widely available rums to try.

Back